An Old School Catholic Message Board

Covid 19 lay off casualties

lost_in_this_world

Lilllabettt
23 hours ago, lost_in_this_world said:

Anyone else out of work due to the pandemic?

I have a full time and I had a part time. Part time let me go (it was working for a church). Full time let's me work from home, so I'll count my blessings.

At least 60 Italian priests have died after contracting coronavirus

Rome, Italy, Mar 23, 2020 / 10:07 am (CNA).- In the past week alone, more than 3,000 people have died in Italy after contracting the coronavirus. Among the dead are at least 60 priests this month, according to local media reports.

“I pray to the Holy Spirit to give us the gift of light and strength. Everyday I do the Via Crucis asking the Lord … to carry this cross with us,” Bishop Gianni Ambrosio of Piacenza-Bobbio said in an Italian interview.

Avvenire, the newspaper owned by the Italian bishops conference, published the names of 51 diocesan priests who died after contracting COVID-19, and noted that religious communities in Italy had also reported nine coronavirus related deaths.

The majority of the deceased were over the age of 70 years old, and some of these priests had underlying health conditions.

The youngest priest to die from COVID-19 in Italy was Fr. Paolo Camminati, who died in the hospital on March 21 at age 53.

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/at-least-60-italian-priests-have-died-after-contracting-coronavirus-78399

3 hours ago, tinytherese said:

I recently finished my internship and am looking for a job. Boy is this bad timing. 

Wanted to go to France to do my internship semester and write my Bachelor thesis. Not sure if I'll be able to start my Master's degree in autumn... 

Prayers to y'all assured!