Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cutting out the negative


Recommended Posts

lost_in_this_world
Posted

After years of a tumultuous relationship, I think I will finally say goodbye to my brother and cut him out of my life. At least for the near future. Unfortunately, this means that I will not be in touch with his two young children and my fear of them not knowing who I am may come true.

Lilllabettt
Posted

Cutting off a brother is like cutting off an arm. You need your arm. And yet, if it is killing you - it has to go. Personally I like the boundaries made possible by using a telephone with toxic family.  I don't take their call, I initiate it on my terms. And when my boundaries are crossed I hang up. Your mileage may vary... but thanks to the phone I havent needed to go no contact.  The physical distance I have with them helps too. 

islandanchoress
Posted
On 3/22/2020 at 2:57 AM, lost_in_this_world said:

After years of a tumultuous relationship, I think I will finally say goodbye to my brother and cut him out of my life. At least for the near future. Unfortunately, this means that I will not be in touch with his two young children and my fear of them not knowing who I am may come true.

 Maybe wiser and kinder to set a time limit on this as a first step? Take a break of some months? Then see how you feel? A rest and a respite may help. And can you not still mark eg birthdays with the little ones?  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...