An Old School Catholic Message Board

Biden Is KKK

Lilllabettt
3 hours ago, Delivery said:

I wish you the best. You too Lilllabettt. Everyone please stay safe.

@dUSt I'm trusting you to delete my account. I'm very serious. I've been having crazy thoughts sometimes about the whole Tan thing. I just need to get 100% away from this stuff. I cant do it no more.

I understand man. It's good to know when to step away.

I would say my husband, being a cop, mostly gives the cops in these incidents the benefit of the doubt. As in, they shouldn't be cops but not sure they deserve jail. Regarding the cops involved with Mr Floyd, my husband says f*** them. 

Stay safe.

chrysostom

This recent incident reminds me of the guy in Dallas who called 911 b/c he was off his schizo meds. The police did the same knee on back (though not on neck) and mocked him even as he screamed "you're gonna kill me?!" and eventually stopped breathing for good. All on bodycam.

They got off on qualified immunity, I think? Might be wrong about why. In any case they are back on the streets policing today.

Edited by chrysostom

Norseman82

A recent twist (well, a couple of days old now) that I read somewhere is that both Floyd and the cop both worked security at the same place, so there may have been something personal motivating this? 

chrysostom

Don't really think it changes anything in this case since the circumstances of Floyd's detainment were never really even a part of why this was so terrible. And three other cops stood by. And he did it because he could get away with it...and we all know why.

chrysostom

Weird night where I live. Couldn't sleep. A group of 10 dudes in ski masks and backpacks pulled up in our neighbourhood and gathered, maybe going to tag some local businesses round the corner. Expensive new vehicles. Cop car came in a couple mins and the ski mask guys booked it. Later a busted up car scoped out the neighbourhood, driving round, stopping, starting over the course of 20 minutes. Didn't know what they were looking for. Then another group of 4 guys parked in a dark spot under a tree with shade from the streetlights, 3 got out leaving one spotter idling the car with lights off, and went up to the windows of the corner pharmacy. 4am window shopping trip was uneventful and they left. Most cars looked out of state.

Edited by chrysostom

Lilllabettt
11 hours ago, chrysostom said:

Weird night where I live. Couldn't sleep. A group of 10 dudes in ski masks and backpacks pulled up in our neighbourhood and gathered, maybe going to tag some local businesses round the corner. Expensive new vehicles. Cop car came in a couple mins and the ski mask guys booked it. Later a busted up car scoped out the neighbourhood, driving round, stopping, starting over the course of 20 minutes. Didn't know what they were looking for. Then another group of 4 guys parked in a dark spot under a tree with shade from the streetlights, 3 got out leaving one spotter idling the car with lights off, and went up to the windows of the corner pharmacy. 4am window shopping trip was uneventful and they left. Most cars looked out of state.

My husband processed 50 arrestees. With 1 exception, they were from out of state. I have a police radio I was listening to. It was very busy. At sundown someone got into the channel and started blaring mariachi music. The cops could not speak to the dispatcher nor could she send them on calls. There is a panic button cops can press in their cars that tells the dispatcher they are in trouble. For 20 min the dispatcher could see someone was hitting their panic button but could not hear their location or what was wrong. Whoever tried to respond was covered by the music. So all she could do was scream.

That was it for me, I packed a bag and drove to my sister in laws. 

The "protests" are highly coordinated, organized and well trained. 

The tone is very "purge"

little2add

It’s odd that all the so-called obsessed, deprived looters and Vandals appear to be well feed, have nice clothes and all carry expensive iPhones to take pictures.  Most don’t appear to be very needy.  

most people, (myself included)  have to go to work everyday and have other responsibilities that keeps him busy.   Between working full time and taking care of my home and family  I , personally have very little free time...

The protesters have a very valid reason for marching, etc.  and should be commended.

the looters and Vandals are criminals spreading hate in discontent for no reason other than selfish greed. 

Edited by little2add

little2add

The charges against the cop who killed the innocent man has been raised from third-degree to second-degree murder

The other three cops who were involved have Each been charged with accessory to murder  

I don’t understand why took so long, it certainly would have diminish some of the anger and frustration had the charges been made earlier

Well, I actually think it's a relatively normal amount of time in terms of preparing a case.  You don't want to immediately arrest a suspect without being prepared and somehow screw something up in the process of interrogation or evidence collection that will end up weakening your case.  I don't think there's anything wrong with taking your time to make sure you get it right, as long as they're not a flight risk.  No matter how much time it took, people were going to be angry and frustrated mostly because they're worried he'll get off, there's a lot of distrust in the system given how much it has consistently seemed to favor accused cops.   I'm hoping this will be a shrewd and efficient prosecution to give us some sense of justice.  They'll probably be able to get a good conviction on Chauvin at least on the 3rd degree, maybe they'll get the 2nd degree, I hope so... the other three  will be a difficult battle in court, they're guilty in my book and definitely a good conviction would be a nice strong message to other cops that they can't just stand by and let things like this happen... but unfortunately we may see them have to settle for a lower plea to make sure they don't get off completely.  (of course I think they should all be convicted of the charges that have been leveled, just trying to assess the realistic possibilities as the justice system is set up)

fides' Jack
On 6/3/2020 at 4:14 AM, little2add said:

The protesters have a very valid reason for marching, etc.  and should be commended.

Sometimes when I stop back here to see what the people here are up to, I come across a comment like this and am astonished to see just how leftist people here have become.

Anybody who keeps protesting after riots have broken out, and people have died, is complicit in all the acts of violence being done by others.  They're sending the message that the violence and killings are ok.  And they will be judged by their actions and their words.  

At this point, anybody supporting antifa or blm or just marching along with those who do is a very, very bad person.  Their souls are in great jeopardy.  Even if the cop who killed George Floyd was racially motivated (which I don't believe), these "protesters" would still be worse than he is.

Assuming a conviction is required is not reasonable or fair.  

It is absolutely wrong that arrest by police would result in a death.    Even if George Floyd was being arrested and handcuffed after shooting the shop owner in the face, it’s not acceptable for him to be killed in the process of arrest as what I’ve seen in the video. 

Absolutely his death should be investigated and the officers involved suspended, pending a thorough and fair investigation.  There are legitimate questions as far as officer training, the health of Mr. Floyd, but also the responsibility of the leadership of the Minneapolis Police Department.  I’ve read these officers have had multiple serious complaints about their use of excessive force with little to no discipline action.   That’s concerning to me, if true.   It’s also could be indicative of a culture of excessive force being tolerated and permitted within the Police Department.  

Finding answers to these and other possible issues is what the legal system is for.   Yes, sometimes it takes mass protests to engender wide public scrutiny, but riots and looting this early on is thugs taking advantage of the situation. 

Just as looters are blurring and undermining the message and point of the protesters, calls for convictions before a trial and search for the facts is detrimental to a better legal process coming to bear on this tragedy and possible crimes by more than just the field officers. 

little2add
24 minutes ago, fides' Jack said:

leftist people here have become.

Walk a mile in my shoes,  brother

fides' Jack
1 hour ago, little2add said:

Walk a mile in my shoes,  brother

I'd like to - do you want to give me a brief idea of what that looks like?