An Old School Catholic Message Board

It feels weird upgrading a mostly dead forum, but I did it anyway.

dUSt

Most noticeable for me, the typographical environment. The font and spaces and elements around it. It lacks solidity, everything is floating too much. The avatar's circles instead of squares add instability.

After looking around: the avatar's circles are really annoying. The eye needs something stable.

The typeface and layout seem huge to me. I have reduced the screen size to 80% just to see it better. Very strange. And during log in, I couldn't choose to sign in anonymously but it appears to have done so anyway. But like anything new, we will get used to it in time. I must be getting older though because changes aren't as welcome to me as they used to be. 

Edited by cruciatacara
add words

5 hours ago, cruciatacara said:

I must be getting older though because changes aren't as welcome to me as they used to be. 

I think it depends on whether a change was an improvement or not. For example, now squares returned, their rounded cornered are matching the whole mood and this is good.
I remember though many years ago Phatmass had a very personal pic (a header I think), a tree or something similar and it gave some sense of a space, journey etc. Then it became nothing, a black brick like many other places on the Internet. 

The font is Segoe UI I think. I do not know why, when I look at it I have an association with designing the advertisement booklets. It has that quality of... how to say, it pulls too much attention to itself and it gives a certain character to the messages, the character which prevents from deeper thinking. Perhaps it is just me but I would use Helvetica instead, something as plain as possible, like the one that was before (do not remember what it was). Here are some ideas https://www.typewolf.com/top-10-body-text-fonts

55 minutes ago, dUSt said:

Or you're old.

I said too small, not too loud.  :mad:

And I’m glad to get this old.   

I think it’s an improvement...

...but I lost some followers :think:

Edited by dominicansoul
I looked at my profile

29 minutes ago, MIKolbe said:

That's been reported.

Fake report. "Your" is possessive. I was talking about your fat, as in, the bacon grease you may keep on your stove, or the lard you may keep in your pantry.

Do you mean to imply I was calling YOU fat? The thought hasn't and will never occur to me.