An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fairfield Carmelites Update

PaxCordisJesu

PaxCordisJesu

The Discalced Carmelites in Fairfield, PA, have finished their Recreation and Workroom Building! I just got these pictures and update in a news-email they send out regularly. I've also included the Nuns' wishlists, both for Fairfield and their motherhouse at Elysburg.

" Because of some pivotal donations, we have successfully accomplished our 2020 goals and can now turn our sights to 2021! Beginning this month, the foundation will be poured for a Construction Workshop. This structure will be used as stone and carpentry workshops, and to make windows and doors, and fabricate portions of the timber frames. Over the course of the monastery construction, laborers will do their work in-house, saving thousands in transport and off-property labor. Additionally, this will serve as office space, saving costs in rental of the current construction trailer."

"The Refectory Section is directly adjacent to the Recreation & Workrooms section. The stonework will begin in the early months of 2021. Stonemasons will house the stone in the new workshop and begin constructing the stone lintels and corners." 

Wish Lists

"If you are purchasing an item on this list, can you please email me or include your name and address on the packing list? The Mothers love to respond with a personal thank you note and we aren’t always sure who sends the items. May God reward you!" FairfieldCarmelites@gmail.com

For the Nuns at Fairfield:

Most importantly, the Nuns need approximately 200 yards worth of Hemp Material. This material is used for their bedding and their habits. We are purchasing the material from a company in North Carolina and the hemp is American-made. If you are interested in contributing we would greatly appreciate it! The material is for both communities.

Lowe’s or Home Depot gift cards (for landscaping supplies and paint)

Forever Stamps

https://donorbox.org/carmelites

Address: 327 Water St., Fairfield, PA 17320

FOR ELYSBURG:

The Nuns here need 30 yards of organic linen. Please email me if you are interested. May God reward you!

This monastery is in particular need of a kitchen renovation, donate below if you would like!

Forever Stamps

https://donorbox.org/carmel-of-jmj-elysburg

Address: 430 Monastery Rd., Elysburg, PA 17824

This is the Construction Workshop.Screen+Shot+2020-10-26+at+2.22.55+PM.pngIMG_5206.jpeg  Recreation and WorkroomsIMG_5436.JPGIMG_5437.JPG100820+FAIRFIELD+CARMEL+BLESSING+19.jpgConstruction Workshopimage12.jpegIMG_5212.jpeg

Edited by PaxCordisJesu

Not to be obstreperous, but......

This is Vocation Station, right? Are we going to turn it  into Wish List/Donation Central?  I'm not trying to be funny, simply practical.  Every religious order COULD have someone post their wish lists here and we'd be overrun with requests.  Doesn't this dilute the purpose of this forum?....

16 hours ago, Francis Clare said:

Not to be obstreperous, but......

This is Vocation Station, right? Are we going to turn it  into Wish List/Donation Central?  I'm not trying to be funny, simply practical.  Every religious order COULD have someone post their wish lists here and we'd be overrun with requests.  Doesn't this dilute the purpose of this forum?....

Most religious communities especially cloistered ones usually have wish lists on their websites. 
Both communities should be taking this on themselves.

PaxCordisJesu

Sorry Francis Clare and M. Therese! I just wanted to share their message, and that was included. I'll take it down. Does this also apply to not sharing their building updates on a Vocation thread?

I don't have a problem with this post.  If it offends anyone, perhaps they could simply scroll on and remember that charity is part of all our vocations.  Please Pax, don't take this post down