Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Attn: Virtual Rosary Users


Recommended Posts

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

It is a new meditation module. All I did was replace the original meditation verses with the corresponding scripure from the awesome Douay-Rheims Bible (I fixed the scripture citations too). Here is an example of the difference between my module and the default NAB module:
[quote][b]NAB[/b]
And coming to her, he said, "Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you."
Luke 1:28[/quote]
[quote][b]D-R[/b]
And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
Luke 1:28[/quote]

Mateo el Feo
Posted

That's great, Dude. For those who don't know about the Virtual Rosary, here's the link:

[url="http://www.virtualrosary.org/index.php"]Link to the Virtual Rosary home page.[/url]

Enjoy!

Posted

That's cool...Thanks...um...dude......

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

No problamo. By the way, I manipulated the module files themselves and didn't use the VR editor. Translation: I was able to include the Luminous Mysteries whereas other modules do not.

I hope Virtual Rosary accepts it, I submitted it a little while ago.



6 downloads?! Is this all the better we can do? I spent two whole days on this!

ThyWillBeDone
Posted

Thanks, that is so awesome
God Bless,
Chris

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

Seven?! Comon people! I won't be satisfied until there are at least 30. Let's have a download-a-thon!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

+JMJ+

Hey thedude, how did you create that module? Cool Beans... I just want to make one, well, actually, I'd like to make some art work for it... meditations might be nice to make as well... anyway... nice job!

God Bless and Mary Protect...
Yours in the Most Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

FutureNunJMJ +

Lounge Daddy
Posted

awesome, Dude :cool:

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

How I made the module:
I figured out that VRS files used as meditation modules for Virtual Rosary, are actually just TXT (text) files with a different extension. I renamed the file from VRS to TXT and opened it up in Notepad. It was just a file with a bunch of verses sorted by mystery and decade. I edited them all, saved it, and chnged the extension back to VRS.

...

I'm not sure how you would go about making a picture module. The VRP files used by Virtual Rosary aren't ZIP files as I first expected. There is an easy-to-use editor on the Virtual Rosary website, but it doesn't allow you to create pictures for the Luminous Mysteries. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.




WE NEED MORE DOWNLOADS! Download and throw it away if you like, but make me feel happy by boosting the count!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

Hey Thanks!

Posted

pretty sweet, thanks a lot.

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

I just figured it out. The VRP files (picture modules) are actually just JPG images with a different extension. Rename them to JPG and open them up in a picture editing program. It is one big strip of pictures, and I assume they go in some kind of order. Probably the same as the VRS files. I've got an idea of my own for this...

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

thedude, you are awesome!

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

If you want to be cool, you gotta download my junk. Show a brother some love.

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

Am I annoying yet?

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

dude, I downloaded! I count! I won't download if 10 times though! :) I support your efforts!

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

You are the best person. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

But the rest of you...

Posted

i downloaded it, lol

DemonSlayer
Posted

Great work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...