dUSt Posted December 13, 2020 Posted December 13, 2020 Dishwasher safe. Microwave safe (no harmful chemicals leaking into your food). Lightweight and space saving. Durable. They do not chip and still look new after many years of use. Hard to break. While it does happen occasionally, more often than not, dishes that fall from counter top height onto a hard floor end up surviving the fall. Often available at Goodwill and thrift shops. My family has tried everything over the years: ceramic, glass, plastics, melamine, earthware, etc. With four kids of varying ages, it became too difficult to keep our dish sets matching, keeping track of what was dishwasher safe, and figuring out what you should and shouldn't put in the microwave. We made the switch to Corelle years ago and our lives are so much better for it. Stay tuned for another life tip from dUSt.
Ash Wednesday Posted December 13, 2020 Posted December 13, 2020 Cosigning. I grew up with my mom's Corelle and it always lasted. The IKEA junk we have chips constantly and I was regretfully mislead by all those bright, happy Swedish colors. In fact you just gave me an idea for what to suggest as a Christmas gift.
chrysostom Posted December 14, 2020 Posted December 14, 2020 (edited) It does chip. You just have to work pretty hard at it. The set I grew up on had just one... Edited December 14, 2020 by chrysostom
dUSt Posted December 14, 2020 Author Posted December 14, 2020 3 hours ago, chrysostom said: It does chip. You just have to work pretty hard at it. The set I grew up on had just one...
picchick Posted December 22, 2020 Posted December 22, 2020 Lol.... My family uses things roughly. We broke, chipped and burned (in the microwave) many a corelle. I still like it though. We still have a couple of plates that made it through World War Family de Picchick
CatherineM Posted December 31, 2020 Posted December 31, 2020 If you stomp on a dish turned upside down, it will definitely crack. It’s all we use.
Ash Wednesday Posted January 1, 2021 Posted January 1, 2021 I got Corelle for Christmas thanks to dUSt and this thread! I couldn't be bothered and didn't know what to ask for for Christmas but this gave me an idea. Made a few suggestions to keep the element of surprise, husband went with the Corelle I'm very happy!
elizabeth09 Posted January 2, 2021 Posted January 2, 2021 We use other dishes, but they are well used. We still replace some over the years.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now