MiscarriageSucks Posted January 30, 2021 Posted January 30, 2021 No because Columbus was a rapist murderer who stole native American homes and lives. Why anyone would associate with him is beyond me.
CS937 Posted January 31, 2021 Posted January 31, 2021 On 1/29/2021 at 7:56 PM, MiscarriageSucks said: No because Columbus was a rapist murderer who stole native American homes and lives. Why anyone would associate with him is beyond me. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/10/06/blaming_columbus_misses_the_lessons_of_history_135198.html Please read this article. It will clear up any issues you may have with Columbus
Peace Posted January 31, 2021 Posted January 31, 2021 (edited) 3 hours ago, CS937 said: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/10/06/blaming_columbus_misses_the_lessons_of_history_135198.html Please read this article. It will clear up any issues you may have with Columbus I dunno know about all that. I think the evidence pro-and against Columbus needs to be specifically identified. To be quite honest, from what I have seen it doesn't look very good for him. The man was far from a saint. Let's keep it real here. The article above was like "he wasn't as bad as most of the conquistadors" and "You can't blame him for bad things done by other people." Come on man, what kind of a standard is that? Was he in charge of the situation or wasn't he? I honestly don't have a firm opinion on him because I haven't taken a deep look at the evidence, but from what I have seen there seems to be as much negative as there is positive. I think there is probably gonna be legit criticism of him. And I don't buy into all that "You have to cut him slack because of the society that he lived in" jazz. No pro-life folks are cutting the pro-choice crowd slack today because abortion has become widespread today. You don't get a free pass just because everybody else is acting badly too. Edited January 31, 2021 by Peace
little2add Posted February 2, 2021 Author Posted February 2, 2021 supreme knight of the Knights of Columbus, Carl A. Anderson
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now