Rivo Posted February 27, 2021 Posted February 27, 2021 Okay, here me out: So, if someone lost weight on accident, knew someone would be upset if they found out, so wore a heavy sweater to get weighed, is that sinful? Very random, I know
chrysostom Posted February 27, 2021 Posted February 27, 2021 I have no idea, but I wanted to affirm that yes this is so random.
Peace Posted February 27, 2021 Posted February 27, 2021 47 minutes ago, Rivo said: Okay, here me out: So, if someone lost weight on accident, knew someone would be upset if they found out, so wore a heavy sweater to get weighed, is that sinful? Very random, I know Mortal sin. I would get myself to a confessional ASAP. Be sure to buckle your seatbelt and drive slowly on the way.
Luigi Posted February 27, 2021 Posted February 27, 2021 (edited) Not a sin. Not even close to a sin. Rest easy. But start thinking how you're going to explain your accidental weight loss to this other person - s/he's gonna' notice it sooner or later. (But is your weight even any of her/his business?) Edited February 27, 2021 by Luigi
chrysostom Posted February 27, 2021 Posted February 27, 2021 45 minutes ago, Peace said: Mortal sin. I would get myself to a confessional ASAP. Be sure to buckle your seatbelt and drive slowly on the way. Be safer to just walk, however far it is. Stop and look carefully at all intersections. Don't go out during a lightning storm, or tornado weather. Be on the lookout for surprise semi-trucks running red lights just as you think you've made it and let down your guard. That's when they get you.
Nihil Obstat Posted February 27, 2021 Posted February 27, 2021 3 hours ago, Rivo said: Okay, here me out: So, if someone lost weight on accident, knew someone would be upset if they found out, so wore a heavy sweater to get weighed, is that sinful? Very random, I know Is the person who lost weight risking their health by losing weight (e.g. that person has an eating disorder)? Is the person who would be upset in a position of authority over the person who lost weight (e.g. a parent of a child)? Or is the weight loss healthy and the other person is upset because they are living an unhealthy lifestyle and projecting their own insecurities? Too many variables. It is impossible to offer even a general answer.
SicutColumba Posted February 27, 2021 Posted February 27, 2021 The heavy sweater tactic (or hiding weights in your bra, or using any other kind of ruse to hide weight loss) is textbook anorexic behavior. I have no idea if you’re anorexic or if any of the particulars of the situation, but I don’t think it’s normal to be manipulating people into thinking you’re heavier than you are, for whatever reason.
Ash Wednesday Posted February 27, 2021 Posted February 27, 2021 10 hours ago, Rivo said: Okay, here me out: So, if someone lost weight on accident, knew someone would be upset if they found out, so wore a heavy sweater to get weighed, is that sinful? Very random, I know Based on what you are telling us, it sounds like they wanted to avoid causing distress. That said, your post raises some red flags and I hope the person in question is getting the help and care they need.
dUSt Posted March 13, 2021 Posted March 13, 2021 Generally, your own conscience is more accurate at determining whether you sinned or not, instead of other people's opinions. If you asked the question, it probably wasn't a sin. But now, after reading the replies, your conscience is more well informed--so the exact same act could very well be a sin in the future.
MIKolbe Posted March 16, 2021 Posted March 16, 2021 On 2/27/2021 at 11:36 AM, little2add said: does this sweater make me look Phat? no. your fat makes you look fat.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now