Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fr. Ripperger on the roles of men and women within marriage


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

[removed since I thought better of my comment]

Edited by chrysostom
PhuturePriest
Posted
13 hours ago, Ash Wednesday said:

Speaking of -- I ordered his deliverance prayer book for the laity but prior to this ordered the deliverance and exorcisms prayer book for priests on accident. If anyone knows any priests that could use the book, I will send it to them, free of charge. When I skimmed the book and came across the prayers for exorcisms and blessing meats, I realized I had the wrong book. 

There's a guy in my diocese who will be ordained this May and would love this as an ordination gift, if the offer still stands!

Ash Wednesday
Posted
11 minutes ago, PhuturePriest said:

There's a guy in my diocese who will be ordained this May and would love this as an ordination gift, if the offer still stands!

You bet! Send me a DM and we'll arrange it. It's a perfectly fine book, as I am not authorized to bless meats, it's safe to say it's never been used :lol4:I would love to see it be of use to a member of clergy!

Posted

make sure he gets a note that says he's only receiving this gift because some ppl disagreed about gender roles on the internet.  :lol4:

fides' Jack
Posted

All,

I've had a bit more time to mull this whole discussion over in my head, and I realize now that my part in this specific discussion is, at the very least, imprudent.  

While I still believe the main premise, that, generally speaking, mothers should stay home and be with their children, I realize now a couple points:

  • The timing of bringing all of this up could have the negative result of people getting the idea that Fr. Ripperger has views other than those he himself brings up in the videos I posted.
  • At least in one post, my words were imprecise, which not only could lead people away from the truth, but could turn them off to the truth in the future, as well.

I admit that I very much like Fr. Ripperger, and one big reason for that is because listening to his talks has helped me find virtue in more than one area of my own life and has greatly deepened my prayer life.  Perhaps in my zeal for others to discover the same source of holy inspiration that I have found, I overstepped what I could personally claim.  I cannot speak to what Fr. Ripperger's personal views are on different subjects, and I hope you all dismiss my comments regarding what his personal views are. 

I also strongly affirm that Fr. Ripperger has not influenced my thinking on certain current, controversial subjects, like face masks and vaccines, and that the coincidental timing of all of these subjects being brought up is merely that: coincidence.  

I do encourage everyone to listen to his talks and make up your own minds.

With that, I now permanently withdraw from this thread.

-Jack

Posted
47 minutes ago, fides' Jack said:

With that, I now permanently withdraw from this thread.

OK I am taking bets on who is gonna be back first, @fides' Jack or @Era Might?

Posted

@fides' Jack, I appreciate the humility, and I have also appreciated the discussion.

I have not really encountered much of Fr. Ripperger's videos, but I've always liked him because back in the day I bought his brilliant book The Science of Mental Health, a fascinating (but very academic, not necessarily really for popular reading unless you really want to do a deep dive, I remember he says so himself in the summary and introduction) Thomistic framing of psychology.  Unfortunately at one point in my life I was strapped for cash and sold it, but one day if I ever settle down it's definitely going to get a place in whatever home or office library I collect. 

He's a very smart guy, and I think genuine and devoted too.  Of course that doesn't mean everyone must agree with everything he ever says, but I definitely don't think ppl should be turned away from him on this point either; I certainly am not, although I have some disagreement on the topic.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...