Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

theculturewarrior
Posted

Hey Dust:

I'm an amateur musician and I have made some relatively decent home recordings. Is there any way I can send you an MP3 or two for posting on the site, just so that phatmassers can hear my music. Not interested in anything other than sharing my tunes with phatmassers.

This is probably not a likelihood, I know, but I thought I would ask.

God bless,

TCW

(Plan Z is to start my own site, and post it there.)

Posted

Sure. Send them in mp3 format to my e-mail address, webmaster @ phatmass.com

theculturewarrior
Posted

Great! Thanks!

I'll send them ASAP.

God bless,

TCW

theculturewarrior
Posted

Hey Dust,

Bear with me, I'm kind of new to this, but I tried to send an MP3 last night, and it didn't go through. I got a mailer daemon that said (I think) that my email exceeded the limits on your address. It looked like I needed to get the email to under 2MB.

Is there a way to compress an MP3 that won't destroy the sound quality? I had been saving them at a lower baud rate, but they sound terrible afterwords. (And even then, there not small enough to send).

Could it be my email address? I'm supposed to be able to send 10MB. Could it be a mistake?

ilovechrist
Posted

no, being able to send 10 MB is right. however... i'm not sure if there's a way to compress the MP3 (there are different sizes of them though, set it to 96k) without destroying the great quality..

Posted

It's probably hotmail that won't let you send if you're getting back the "mailer daemon" thing.

Go Microsoft! <_< :ph34r:

theculturewarrior
Posted

Actually, I have a yahoo account.

My coworker says I can zip it. :)

ryanmeyersmusic
Posted

mp3s don't zip very well... they're already super-compressed files.

you can send it to ryan@ryanmeyers.com and I'll stick it on my server for dust to grab it...

Posted

Well, if it's going into the phatmass jukebox, it'll be compressed to 64k anyway, so you may want to save it at that bitrate.

theculturewarrior
Posted

Okay...will do.

I just want to make sure everybody knows these are [b]not[/b] professional recordings. They sound pretty nice at a baud rate of about 256K, not sure how they'll sound at 64K :(

Anyhoo...I'll send them ASAP.

Thanks guys. :)

Music is phun to share!

theculturewarrior
Posted

I'm getting jitters. :(

The music on the jukebox sounds pretty nice...

And also mine's not rap.

theculturewarrior
Posted

Gee, thanks for the assurance, guys! :rolleyes:

theculturewarrior
Posted

Hey, I saved it at 64K, but it sounded TERRIBLE! I sent them to Dust's phatmass account, just thinking you might have some use for them, but they sounded BAD.

I think it might be better if I send a nice chunk o' mp3 to ryanmeyers and then you can compress the file to 64k. It sounds horrible when you save it to that rate. :(

Or perhaps I am not understanding the process. :(

theculturewarrior
Posted

I sent the larger philes to Ryan. I think because the program I use is inexpensive, the MP3's don't sound good saved at 64K. So I sent a larger phile hoping you all could work with it.

God bless,

TCW

ryanmeyersmusic
Posted

[url="http://www.ryanmeyers.com/dust/"]http://www.ryanmeyers.com/dust/[/url]

theculturewarrior
Posted

Thanks!

theculturewarrior
Posted

Okay...now everybody can tell me how wonderful my music is. :)

Posted

Man....TCW, is that you on those four files at the address?????

theculturewarrior
Posted

That's yours truly. :)

Posted

That's awesome! Especially "California Girls". I already got the words stuck in my head, and I don't mind.....

Two thumbs up! I only wish I had a third thumb!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...