An Old School Catholic Message Board

20 weeks

little2add

CC9672-D7-85-A5-4384-A15-B-08-BF57-D5965

THE FIFTH COMMANDMENT

You shall not kill

2258 "Human life is sacred because from its beginning it involves the creative action of God and it remains for ever in a special relationship with the Creator, who is its sole end.

God alone is the Lord of life from its beginning until its end: no one can under any circumstance claim for himself the right directly to destroy an innocent human being  

Edited by little2add

The eyelids are still fused shut to protect your baby’s developing eyes from prying fingers and toes. Deep within the brain, connections are starting to form to link the senses to those areas within the brain that are able to process information.

Yet, to some this innocent pre-born human is a lifeless lump of cells.  

On 4/11/2021 at 8:03 PM, little2add said:

Yet, to some this innocent pre-born human is a lifeless lump of cells.

But isn't it so for you too - under different circumstance? In the thread 'Vaccine' you wrote:

On 3/29/2021 at 6:16 AM, little2add said:

Three More Reasons to Get a COVID-19 Vaccine

Besides reducing your own risk of getting COVID-19, there are other reasons to get your vaccine when it becomes available. For starters, you'll be helping to:

1.   Bring an end to the pandemic.

2.   Protect the health care system. (When infections surge or if nurses and doctors get sick, they may have less capacity to care for the very ill. )

3.   Safeguard those around you.

And the vaccines you seem to support have utilized, one way or another the "innocent human being" on the photo above - perhaps not as grown up (although some vaccines utilized a foetus on exactly the above stage of development).

I would not comment if it was not a common matter now: the same people speak against abortion and yet accept the vaccine, even find "the good"  reasons to do so. It is called "splitting": a pregnant woman speaks pro- the vaccines which utilizes the human being justs like one in her belly without slightest thought of the similarity between the two; a man who keeps posting on the Roman Catholic forum the pics of foetuses speaking how awful it is to murder such nevertheless comes up with Three More Reasons (so there are many more apparently) to get the vaccine tainted with the murder of the foetus just like one on the pic etc...

Thanks for the pic though. It is a very handy illustration of how the unethical covid-19 vaccines were made.

Edited by Anastasia

On 4/12/2021 at 7:15 PM, Anastasia said:

how the unethical covid-19 vaccines were made.

Not really applicable.  The Pfizer and moderna vaccine’s according to the Vatican’s doctrinal office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF), has determined that it is “morally acceptable” for Catholics to take these vaccines against the COVID-19 Virus. 

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine, according to some reliable  sources may have used fetal cell research in the development of their Vaccine and could be tainted?

In the case of the Pfizer vaccine, according to the manufacturers website (see link below)  their vaccine was developed using adult and animal stem cells only.

https://www.pfizer.com/science/clinical-trials/integrity-transparency/stem-cellresearch

Also see: “Catholic scholars: Any available COVID-19 vaccine is morally acceptable”9

https://www.catholicnews.com/catholic-scholars:-any-available-covid-19-vaccine-is-morally-acceptable/ 

Edited by little2add

6 hours ago, little2add said:

The Pfizer and moderna vaccine’s according to the Vatican’s doctrinal office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF), has determined that it is “morally acceptable” for Catholics to take these vaccines against the COVID-19 Virus. 

Thanks, it clarified to me why Roman Catholics are hugely placid/silent re: covid vaccines. It is because Vatican said that the vaccines which been made without cells derived from the aborted human foetus but tested on the aborted human foetus are "morally acceptable".

Actually, Vatican deemed even the J&J vaccine "morally acceptable under the circumstance" (it is designed, produced and tested using the retina cells from the 4 or 5 month male foetus, just like on your photo).

Anyway, even if a vaccine was "just tested on the cells derived from the human foetus" (just like on your pic above) it is tainted by the murder of a human being so it is really incoherent to be fervently anti-abortion and pro-unethical covid vaccines. I understand I will not convince you because it seems to me the position of Vatican officials (not all Bishops) entirely settles the matter for you and others. "Be against abortion under any circumstance" but "be pro-covid vaccines tainted by abortions" seem not to create cognitive dissonance in most.

I am not saying by the way that an anti-abortion person must not, ever, get vaccinated. He may but the condition for the vaccination is not the permission of Vatican but the full realization what he is doing i.e. getting a vaccine that was tested/produced with "the product" only possibly via a murder of an innocent human being (again, juts like on your pic above). Vaccination is only possible with fear and repentance and with asking forgiveness of the innocent human being. But it is not happening.

As for the "Catholic scholars" on your link it is just an exercise in guilt-shifting and self-numbing. I will not go into that because my intention is to spend as little time as possible on Internet and also because your own (Roman Catholics) Bishops who still have alive conscience have answered such arguments already.

2 hours ago, Anastasia said:

Actually, Vatican deemed even the J&J vaccine "morally acceptable

No, I don’t think so

1 hour ago, little2add said:

No, I don’t think so

You may not but it is so, in the document you referred to before:

"when ethically irreproachable Covid-19 vaccines are not available (e.g. in countries where vaccines without ethical problems are not made available to physicians and patients, or where their distribution is more difficult due to special storage and transport conditions, or when various types of vaccines are distributed in the same country but health authorities do not allow citizens to choose the vaccine with which to be inoculated) it is morally acceptable to receive Covid-19 vaccines that have used cell lines from aborted fetuses in their research and production process."

CONGREGATION FOR THE DOCTRINE OF THE FAITH Note on the morality of using some anti-Covid-19 vaccines

Noteworthy, even if the more ethical vaccines were physically available you are released by Vatican from an "inconvenient" choice of demanding them. Meaning, the document takes a choice away form the Roman Catholics and handles it to the "health authorities".

Edited by Anastasia

11 hours ago, Anastasia said:

As for the "Catholic scholars" on your link it is just an exercise in guilt-shifting and self-numbing. I will not go into that because my intention is to spend as little time as possible on Internet and also because your own (Roman Catholics) Bishops who still have alive conscience have answered such arguments already.

I will save you some time.

read on 

1. US Bishops further clarify Church’s position on Covid-19 vaccine
https://www.vaticannews.va/en/church/news/2020-12/us-bishops-covid-clarification-ethical-use-vaccine.html

2. US Bishops express moral concern over 'Johnson & Johnson' vaccine
https://www.vaticannews.va/en/church/news/2021-03/us-bishops-moral-concern-johnson-vaccine-covid.html

3. Vatican CDF says use of anti-Covid vaccines “morally acceptable”
https://www.vaticannews.va/en/vatican-city/news/2020-12/vatican-cdf-note-covid-vaccine-morality-abortion.html

12 hours ago, Anastasia said:

murder of an innocent human being

There is a a grave  difference between abortion and voluntarily taking the vaccine however...  

The termination of a  innocent unborn human fetus by abortion it’s not voluntary where is taking the Covid vaccine is.

The comparison is invalid.