St. Catherine Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 That's what my husband used to say. Then we had a couple and can't keep up with them. But sometime we'll have more God willing of course.
StColette Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 hehe God gave my parents 4 kids lol My mom said that was plenty but my dad wanted the Catholic dozen lol
St. Catherine Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 I do know of some areas nearby that you could pick up a few extra wives. (I live in UTAH) Tell your wife she can help pick out the new sister-wife. You'll have to convert though so you better not.
cmotherofpirl Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 [quote name='Carrie' date='Jul 8 2004, 04:27 PM'] Ironmonk figures out how much college will cost... :bugeyes: They grow so fast... [/quote] God doesn't give you kids to send to college, he sends you kids to love. College will take care of itself.
ironmonk Posted July 8, 2004 Author Posted July 8, 2004 I do want as man as God will give me. I would like a lot... and God will take care of college... we are to depend on God and not ourselves... so no worries When I had this Olivia... I didn't know how I was going to be able to afford Amy taking 12 weeks off of work. I didn't worry. I knew God would provide... I didn't know how, but I knew things would work out... I had faith. About a week before Olivia was born, my boss came to me and said that for all the hard work I had been doing for the last three months, that I was going to be getting a monthly bonus for the next three months. The bonus covered my mortgage plus a little extra. If I had 12 kids... God would provide.... He cloths the fields, He feeds His birds... How much more He loves us.... one of my favorite sections of the bible... [b]St. Matt 6:25 [/b]"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat (or drink), or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? [b]26 [/b]Look at the birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are not you more important than they? [b]27 [/b]Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your life-span? [b]28 [/b]Why are you anxious about clothes? Learn from the way the wild flowers grow. They do not work or spin. [b]29 [/b]But I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was clothed like one of them. [b]30 [/b]If God so clothes the grass of the field, which grows today and is thrown into the oven tomorrow, will he not much more provide for you, O you of little faith? [b]31 [/b]So do not worry and say, 'What are we to eat?' or 'What are we to drink?' or 'What are we to wear?' [b]32 [/b]All these things the pagans seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. [b]33 [/b]But seek first the kingdom (of God) and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides. [b]34 [/b]Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil. God Bless! ironmonk
VeraMaria Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 [quote name='Colleen' date='Jul 8 2004, 05:25 PM'] Me too. [/quote] and me three Olivia is adorable!!!!!!!!!! :wub:
Maddalena Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 Hey, IronMonk, thank you for those Bible verses. I'll send them to Mama. It might help her feel better about our family's current financial situation.
ironmonk Posted July 8, 2004 Author Posted July 8, 2004 [quote name='Maddalena' date='Jul 8 2004, 07:58 PM'] Hey, IronMonk, thank you for those Bible verses. I'll send them to Mama. It might help her feel better about our family's current financial situation. [/quote] Vera, Thank you Maddalena, I'm glad I could help... Remember, bad things happen so good things can. Sometimes when we are in dire straits, we cling to God. Suffering brings us closer to Christ. Think about it... the Son of God came to this earth, remained poor... our King's chair was a mule. Everything is in God's plan. God Bless, Love in Christ, ironmonk
littleflower+JMJ Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 oh i love those verses Ironmonk!! i too want the catholic dozen!!! my role model is Anna :wub: who has her catholic dozen :group: :hearts:
littleflower+JMJ Posted July 8, 2004 Posted July 8, 2004 oh and your daughter is ssooooo precious!! :wub: :wub: :infant: :wub: :wub:
ironmonk Posted July 9, 2004 Author Posted July 9, 2004 (edited) [quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Jul 8 2004, 08:48 PM'] oh i love those verses Ironmonk!! i too want the catholic dozen!!! my role model is Anna :wub: who has her catholic dozen :group: :hearts: [/quote] Anna is a great example for all wives and mothers. She's the bomb. From what I can tell, she's the ideal Catholic wife and mother. but that is just one man's opinion. God Bless! ironmonk Edited July 9, 2004 by ironmonk
Carrie Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 I was just being silly about the college thing. Hence why I put the silly smilies. Didn't mean to imply that Ironmonk shouldn't have 12 if that's what you thought. I also know that God will provide.
ilovechrist Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 [quote name='Crusader_4' date='Jul 8 2004, 03:47 PM'] See thats the advantage of being a priest...lol you get the whole parish! lol hahahha [/quote] whoa... didn't think about it that way b4. that's kinda scary :ph34r:
ironmonk Posted July 9, 2004 Author Posted July 9, 2004 [quote name='Carrie' date='Jul 8 2004, 09:26 PM'] I was just being silly about the college thing. Hence why I put the silly smilies. Didn't mean to imply that Ironmonk shouldn't have 12 if that's what you thought. I also know that God will provide. [/quote] I knew yas was kid-n... I had to post it though God Bless, ironmonk
Sojourner Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 [quote name='ironmonk' date='Jul 8 2004, 11:40 AM'] I'm healthy, but I'm a few pounds over because of an injury, but once healed I'll be back looking like: [/quote] Monk, your baby is very cute ... but I'm wondering whether you think the picture of you is really all that ... modest. I only ask because I know you've expressed strong feelings on modest dress in the past, so it's a little strange to see you post a pic of yourself in a Speedo, which is perhaps one of the most revealing pieces of clothing a man can wear.
Mickey's_Girl Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 Oh yes, I have to concur: Speedos are scary on anyone! :ph34r: (MG hides under pillow, whimpering) MG
Lounge Daddy Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 [font="Courier"]i found it to be a hilarious post and, hey - we've passed the halfway mark on our road to the Catholic dozen woop! nice tan, Monk[/font]
MG's_mom Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 Wow, I don't think I've ever heard of the "Catholic dozen," although there were several families in my Catholic grade school that had 11, 12, or 13. So that families that had five or six children were only medium-sized families. My mother was pg 13 times, but only got to raise five to adulthood. There is my paradigm of faithfulness to God--burying six children (plus two miscarriages) and still trusting God with her childbearing. (of course, Daddy was in there somewhere, too!) When my hubby and I were dating, I wanted 12 and he wanted 8, so we planned 10. Ended up with eight, unless the Lord does one of those mid-life things. Of course, the comment I receive most is "Oh, you must be Catholic." The Bible says nothing about children being a burden, financial or otherwise. Having raised six of ours into their 20's, and still two at home, I can testify that God does provide. We have never gone without a meal, even if it was pb&j. My favorite Bible passage about children: Psalm 127 3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. 5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
Azriel Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 Since I had my first child at 32, I doubt I have time to get in 12 - but, I'll definitely take what the Lord decides I should have! Olivia is adorable! You got any more recent pics?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now