BarbTherese Posted June 4, 2021 Posted June 4, 2021 I am in heaps of pain. I have spinal stenosis, osteoarthrits most every now. My le arm and fingers on both hands but most of all in my left with right arm and legs, ankles. Spinal stenosis in base of my spine is trapping nerves - and that can cause really severe burning pain in my lower back, spreading down to legs and ankles. I had a fall e last Monday trying to get outof bed and to get up, I needed an ambulance. My doctor has changed me to a higher dose of another newer brand of pain killers. But that has left me badly constipated, badly constipated. Because of the constipation, it has left me wth no choice but to prayer uniting myself to Jesus and His Passion - as minor my situation is in the over all sufferings with others - please of your charity join me in a prayer. As for anything Imight endure at this time, it is involuntary penances are the best according to Rome, as what one would be doing is, in accepting involuntary penances apparen tly is 'making up in our own bodies what was lacking in the Sufferings of Jesus " where indeed nothing whatsoever was lacking. We are in fact my helping souls to be saved. I have not slept all night, now 4.55am on Saturday 5th June. Thank you so much, in advance.
Machine_Washable Posted June 8, 2021 Posted June 8, 2021 On 6/4/2021 at 3:37 PM, BarbaraTherese said: I am in heaps of pain. I have spinal stenosis, osteoarthrits most every now. My le arm and fingers on both hands but most of all in my left with right arm and legs, ankles. Spinal stenosis in base of my spine is trapping nerves - and that can cause really severe burning pain in my lower back, spreading down to legs and ankles. I had a fall e last Monday trying to get outof bed and to get up, I needed an ambulance. My doctor has changed me to a higher dose of another newer brand of pain killers. But that has left me badly constipated, badly constipated. Because of the constipation, it has left me wth no choice but to prayer uniting myself to Jesus and His Passion - as minor my situation is in the over all sufferings with others - please of your charity join me in a prayer. As for anything Imight endure at this time, it is involuntary penances are the best according to Rome, as what one would be doing is, in accepting involuntary penances apparen tly is 'making up in our own bodies what was lacking in the Sufferings of Jesus " where indeed nothing whatsoever was lacking. We are in fact my helping souls to be saved. I have not slept all night, now 4.55am on Saturday 5th June. Thank you so much, in advance. May God make things easier for you.
Guest Posted June 19, 2021 Posted June 19, 2021 Just home again after 9 days in hospital. 7 days fasting all food and liquids, being fed intravenously. Good news is that surgery was not necessary. Problem: bowel blockage. Goodness, it has been a traumatic ordeal ! Doc thinks that the hernia is the problem and might need to be removed. At this point anyway, I am refusing surgery. Seems to me that surgery has the distinct potential of eradicating one problem, while creating two others. Not only that, I am coming up 76 years of age and a general anesthetic best avoided if possible. It is an unfolding situation; meanwhile, I am overjoyed to be home again. Thank you so much for prayer. I knew s(S)omeone(s) was holding my hand Prayer for all intentions with much gratitude.
Pax17 Posted June 19, 2021 Posted June 19, 2021 This getting old business is not for faint-hearted folks! Glad to know you are back home.
Makarioi Posted June 19, 2021 Posted June 19, 2021 HI Barb, I came to this a wee bit late and I'm sorry you're going through this. I will keep you in my prayers. Between the stenosis impinging nerves and pain meds, constipation is sure to be a problem......Hopefully, the docs can provide relief with some softeners, perhaps?
Guest Posted July 11, 2021 Posted July 11, 2021 The lower bowel blockage has now been cleared and all systems are working normally. I saw my GP around a week or so ago and he has put me back on pain medication, which is starting to work. The pain had started to really get to me as it was the cause of broken sleep through the night. Thank you all for prayers and you all are in mine.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now