An Old School Catholic Message Board

Renaming women “birthing people“

little2add

Words mean things. We already have a name for people who give birth to children. That name is mothers.

Birthing people” should be a line in the sand for all decent and rational Americans. It is not a question of so-called “political correctness,” which is often a simple matter of politeness. The phrase is not only an insult to mothers everywhere; it is an attack on reason itself. Everyone knows that women who give birth to children are mothers. Those who suggest otherwise are either living in a fantasy world or the kind of people who get their jollies by forcing others to say that 2+2 = 5, which is the ambition of every totalitarian.

’I’m terrified of the woke radicals and the strange vernacular they advocate in the name of racism.  

Proposed changes to the rules of the U. S. House of Representatives would “honor all gender identities” by eliminating such specific terms as mother and father, son and daughter, and aunt and uncle.

Instead, only gender-neutral terms such as “parent,” “child,” “sibling” and “parent’s sibling” would be allowed in the text of the House rules, according to the proposed changes.

F86-BDD59-57-C0-45-E1-84-F5-47-D80-CDA52

Machine_Washable

I take comfort in a hadith reported by Abu Huraira: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Islam began as a something strange and it will return to being strange, so blessed are the strangers. I hope Muslims, Christians, Jews and others will be able to unite to stand against this. 

So if mother in “WOKE” Language is now identified as birthing person, is father, now going to be known as a non-birthing person?

thoughts?

islandanchoress

Yawn.. tldnr... never will read stuff like this.. Like the wee one who sneezed in ALice. .... He only does it to annoy because he knows it teases... IGNORE 

On 6/16/2021 at 7:22 PM, little2add said:

So if mother in “WOKE” Language is now identified as birthing person, is father, now going to be known as a non-birthing person?

thoughts?

Actually, there is another derogatory term, but I don't think it is appropriate to post it....

wait a minute, is "birthing person" derogatory?  I thought that was the whole idea of changing the term "mother" was because Mother is disparaging?

pronoun-meme-300x300.jpg

On 6/27/2021 at 5:04 AM, Norseman82 said:

Actually, there is another derogatory term, but I don't think it is appropriate to post it....

Perhaps introduce the non birthing parent a the sperm donor?

5 hours ago, Mercedes said:

Perhaps introduce the non birthing parent a the sperm donor?

Wouldn’t that be gender-inclusive in this upside down way of thinking?

If people want to refer to mothers as 'birthing person's then so be it, they are free to do so.

On the other hand if people want to use the term 'mother's, they should be free to do so as well.  WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

My issue is when they try amd force me and others to endorse their world view of 'birthing person'.

little2add

Disney World, has modified its traditional greeting to the audience on its nighttime fireworks display and other shows.

Instead of the longstanding “Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,” greeting, shows are now prefaced with one that swaps the gender specificity, subbing in “Dreamers of all ages.”

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls” has been changed to “Dreamers of all ages,” in pre-recorded fireworks show announcements at (all of the) Disney theme parks.

:sad:

Edited by little2add

little2add

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls is now somehow offensive to some people.   

but a birthing person (BP) can terminate a healthy viable                              pregnancy up to the moment of birth at the end of the duration of third trimester is not  only acceptable and the BP's unalienable right under the constitution and is innocuous.  furthermore anyone who thinks differently is a bigot and a hate-monger. 

spock-illogical-6fca2-jpg.webp

Edited by little2add

ReasonableFaith
12 hours ago, little2add said:

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls is now somehow offensive to some people.

‘Dreamers of all ages’ is now somehow offensive to some persons. It must be the most committed fuddy dutties allowing such a benign greeting to ruin their visit to a Disney Theme Park. 

Semi-conscious, casual followers  of Disney are aware the modern day brand does not feel beholden to the reactionary social conservatism appealed to here. 

For years conservative groups have tried to strong arm Disney into applying the groups’ exclusionary views to deny park admission to certain groups of persons. Their efforts have been to no avail and of no detriment to the brand. The outrage concerning the fireworks show greeting will have the same effect in the long run, none. 

For a few days this may be the cry of outrage until the new ‘most important battle of the culture wars’ comes along next week or those manufacturing social outrage circle back and resuscitate one of the nearly life-less horses of days past…perhaps Dr Seuss. 

little2add
3 hours ago, ReasonableFaith said:

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls

Laugh or make fun of my fuddy-dutty way of thinking.    Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls Is nothing more than a nice old quant expression

3 hours ago, ReasonableFaith said:

fuddy dutties

Address someone as a dreamer is under certain  circumstances, is insulting and demeaning