An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Interest

Rob42

Anyone have information if the Monks of Adoration still exist? or anyone knows how to contact the brother monks? Thank you

I'm not sure - exactly - which group you're referring to, but I remember a group with a similar name. I think they were in Florida, maybe? Their spirituality involved perpetual adoration, or as close to that as they could schedule it. (I think they also set up a online web-cam for adoration.)

IF this is the group you mean, I also seem to remember that they were suppressed by the bishop of the diocese in which they were located. I believe there were only two monks, and there were also rumors of dysfunctional practices, but I never heard any specific details about that. Even if there were no dysfunctional practices, the lack of vocations may have led to the suppression. 

But it's all very vague in my memory. Really the only reason I'm replying is that my vague details may stir someone else's specific details to resurface. I wouldn't even know where to start looking for past information about them.  

thank you for the information yes, they are the Monks of Adoration run by the two monks bro, Craig and the other one. They were here in the Philippines many years ago and I was not able to see them  because of some reasons but I am in contact with them until one day I cannot anymore open my email account and then late I know they were back already in the states. I am sad that day that I was not able to see and meet them personally because I applied to their community for possible vocation. I know there are lots of rumors and other things but in my part I don't have the right to judge them but only God knows everything.

wish one day God will put me in the right way to be able to serve Him faithfully and may the grace of God sustains us all.

thank you so much for the reply and hope and pray that I could meet someone or a community accept possible vocation to monastic/ contemplative life with out age, race and educational discrimination.

2 hours ago, reminiscere said:

They were suppressed a number of years ago and their founder died.

thank you for the update

1 hour ago, Rob42 said:

thank you so much for the reply and hope and pray that I could meet someone or a community accept possible vocation to monastic/ contemplative life with out age, race and educational discrimination.

Are you in the Philippines, or somewhere else? It seems to me that contemplative orders would be interested in at least talking to you...