An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kids Are Smart

daugher-of-Mary

daugher-of-Mary

I took my little 14-month-old nephew on a walk this afternoon. I was talking to him while we walked (he doesn't understand anything except mom, hi, and step, but likes to hear people's voices) when I heard the Angelus bells. So I started praying the Angelus, and he looked up at me with a very serious look like he knew this kind of "talking" was different, and folded his hands for the Hail Mary. My sister and her husband are Protestant, but it seems like their son knows "who his Momma is!" :lol: Just had to share ^_^

:D Daughter, children often amaze me with the things that they seem to have knowledge of but were never told :D.

I was listening to the radio the other night, and a gentleman got on the air talking about his little girl. They were at some friends house and the kids were swimming. Well, they found his little girl face down in the pool. They pulled her out. She was okay. She looked into her dad's face and said " It's okay Daddy I'm alright, I had two angels with me" " One was holding my nose and the other was holding me up" :D The little girl was only 4 yrs old. The gentleman went on to say that they had never talked to her about angels, yet she knew exactly who they were.

Probably the most interesting thing I've witnessed was my younger cousin who is only 2. Last Christmas my dad and I were sitting off from everyone else talking about something. There was nothing on the wall behind us. But my little cousin was completely fixed on lookind at and smiling at something directly over my father's shoulder. My little cousin would just smile and laugh, my dad and I just sat there and watched him. He didn't take any notice to us just to whatever he was seeing above my dad's shoulder. Which again there was nothing visibly there. Later dad and I decided that my little cousin may have been seeing an angel. But who knows :D

littleflower+JMJ

kids are truly bless to see God more than we ever could, with their innocence and complete love, they recognize and see God.....amazing

RemnantRules

i think we now know why Jesus says we must be like children if we are to go to him!

Awesome stories from ALL!

littleflower+JMJ

my mom's friend was telling us how she has a statue of St. Anthony in a room but the thing is that its broken. the part where baby jesus is in st. anthony's arm has been missing forever (Its old and its the only st. anthony she has)

well her son was in the room that the statue was in playing by himself, when she walked in and heard him talking like if there was somebody else....

she walked in and asked him."Honey, what are you doing?" and he had the st. anthony statue in front of him and said, "Mom, im playing with baby Jesus" and mentioned something about holding him as well.....

now she knew this was true because that piece where st. anthony is holding baby Jesus is not there, thats the part that is missing!

so there was no way he could have "known" about it so to mention it.... was amazing.....

i do think this little boy is going ot be a priest, his a saint-in-the-making....alot of stuff he does just makes you go."wow"

RemnantRules

MAN! I just remember i use to have this CUTE pic. from the newspaper of this little girl, probably 8-10 months old, just old enough to stand. Well there was a statue of Mary in her yard and she was standing on her tipy toes holding her hands out imitating Mary! In the article the momma said she would babbly to Mary. IT WAS SOOO CUTE! I'll try and dig it up if i can.

[quote name='RemnantRules' date='Jul 9 2004, 08:38 PM'] MAN! I just remember i use to have this CUTE pic. from the newspaper of this little girl, probably 8-10 months old, just old enough to stand. Well there was a statue of Mary in her yard and she was standing on her tipy toes holding her hands out imitating Mary! In the article the momma said she would babbly to Mary. IT WAS SOOO CUTE! I'll try and dig it up if i can. [/quote]
Here it is Jason

I had saved it to show it to my dad. We were surprised to see that it happened in LaPlace, Louisiana :D

Edited by StColette

daugher-of-Mary

Oh wow. The other stories are beautiful!! :D My religion teacher in grade school used to tell us to watch babies during Holy Mass, because he said maybe they are always looking around because they can see angels attending the King present in the Eucharist.

[quote]To bad I can't have childrenĀ  [/quote]

Dude, a priest is called "Father" for a reason! You'll be baptising "your" children, feeding them on the Bread of Angels, and washing them with the Blood of the Lamb one day, if it is God's Will that you be ordained! :o