Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Ash Wednesday
Posted

More info on guidance regarding the most trustworthy sources for news and an update below:

Quote

To provide a secure source for updates about the Cardinal’s health, the family has asked that the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe—in addition to the Cardinal’s personal media—be the only authorized platforms for accurate, timely information.  Other reports may be incomplete or false and so may unnecessarily disturb the minds and hearts of those devoted to His Eminence.   


https://guadalupeshrine.org/cardinalburkenews/?fbclid=IwAR3vMktUzBNJkuh7mxUPriviS6ywbZY4ZRPKQLWRBsbFmFAi5XS90lqT9_o
 

Posted

I don't agree with the Cardinals views on the vaccine.  A lot of people were worried about the vaccine and side effects.  I still  think people should be vaccinated. I hope he makes a good recovery.

Ash Wednesday
Posted
6 hours ago, GraceUk said:

I don't agree with the Cardinals views on the vaccine.  A lot of people were worried about the vaccine and side effects.  I still  think people should be vaccinated. I hope he makes a good recovery.

As a reminder again: 

Prayers and news updates ONLY please. There are other threads to discuss covid and the vaccines.

Thank you.

Posted

Sorry I didnt see your post before. I apologise.

Posted

The Associated Press reports today (21 Aug) that Cardinal Burke is off the ventilator and out of Intensive Care; he's still hospitalized, but in a regular room. 

In similar news, the president of a local Catholic boys' school, a Marianist priest, died yesterday of Covid although he had been vaccinated. He was 79  years old; he may have had other medical conditions. 

Ash Wednesday
Posted

From the Guadalupe Shrine:

Praised be Jesus Christ! Cardinal Burke’s family is pleased to announce that His Eminence has come off the ventilator and will leave the ICU today to return to his hospital room. His sister spoke with him on the phone this morning, and His Eminence expressed his deep gratitude for the many prayers offered on his behalf. https://guadalupeshrine.org/cardinalburkehealthnews2/ 

That's a very positive step forward. Recovery from Covid can and will likely be a very long road. Continued prayers.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

My browser is barking at me about his website not being secure, but Cardinal Burke did write a letter expressing gratitude from his website, cardinalburke dot com, there is a link to it from his twitter. I'm not going to post the link at the moment because I'm not sure what's going on and whether or not someone might have tried to meddle with his website, or if that's just an issue on my end.
 

Quote

I express my deepest gratitude to God, to the healthcare professionals who are caring for me, to the staff of the @GuadalupeShrine to my brother bishops and priests, and to all those who have remembered me in their prayers.

So all in all it sounds like he's on the mend and is beginning a rehabilitation process. Excerpts from the letter here:

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/248809/cardinal-burke-tweets-that-his-condition-is-improving

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...