Ash Wednesday Posted September 12, 2021 Posted September 12, 2021 For anyone interested, Ember Days for fall are this week. Happy Embertide! https://catholicherald.co.uk/how-to-observe-ember-days/ Lenten /Spring Ember Days – February 24, 26, 27 Summer Ember Days – May 26, 28, 29 Fall Ember Days: September 15, 17, and 18 Advent Ember Days: December 15, 17, and 18
truthfinder Posted September 13, 2021 Posted September 13, 2021 If you follow the TLM, due to some weird redating that happened in the early 20th century, the Ember will be celebrated Sept 22, 24, and 25 this year.
Ash Wednesday Posted September 13, 2021 Author Posted September 13, 2021 Apparently there is a difference between the pre 1955 and the 1962 as well...? or maybe that's the same quandry. Might be worth pushing back to the next week since I have a lot of leftovers this week and almost forgot
truthfinder Posted September 13, 2021 Posted September 13, 2021 I think the New Liturgical Movement blog usually posts a thorough explanation of the thinking of the change (a change I don’t agree with). If I find it, I’ll post the link here.
truthfinder Posted September 13, 2021 Posted September 13, 2021 Here’s the explanation from 2015: https://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/2015/08/the-calculation-of-september-ember-days.html?m=1#.YT9QIiWs-Ec
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now