Andrea348 Posted July 12, 2004 Posted July 12, 2004 I was always pretty good at math and got up to pre-calc in high school. But being a music education major in college, they didn't even look at my history in math and placed me in intro to math. It was great. I had an Indian professor who was in love with prime numbers. That's what we spent the whole semester doing, working with prime numbers. I loved the man but most of the class who was not so good at math didn't like him so much. My favorite quote of his was: (In Indian Accent) "I don't understand why kids these days do drugs and alcohol. You do 20 minutes of math everyday, and you be happy person."
prov31girl Posted July 12, 2004 Posted July 12, 2004 [quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Jul 11 2004, 11:56 AM'] man Calculus rocks!! i love it better than all the maths we had to take before it. i have to say algebra or trig (which im taking this summer). its so darn easy that i get it wrong :rotfl: [/quote] Hey!! I know someone that has that shirt!!
picchick Posted July 12, 2004 Author Posted July 12, 2004 I just had a mid term today. :ph34r: It was horrible!!!! It was probably the hardest test I ever took. I knew how to set up the problems it was just that all the numbers he threw in were crazy.
Carrie Posted July 12, 2004 Posted July 12, 2004 Calculus was the worst for me. I'm usually good at math, but calculus really stumped me.
qfnol31 Posted July 12, 2004 Posted July 12, 2004 [quote name='StColette' date='Jul 11 2004, 04:03 PM'] I have to take College level Calculus II in the fall then Statistics and then I'm finished with all my maths !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/quote] I don't think it's that bad. I did okay, and didn't understand a thing!
ClaireBear Posted July 12, 2004 Posted July 12, 2004 I think that if you struggle with Math, it's difficult on any level... I love math because there's always a right answer (no interpretive stuff , but it is so frusterating sometimes because I can never seem to get that answer (and our teacher gives no partial credit... It's 100% right, 100% wrong)! Thank goodness for summertime !
StColette Posted July 12, 2004 Posted July 12, 2004 [quote name='qfnol31' date='Jul 12 2004, 02:15 PM'] I don't think it's that bad. I did okay, and didn't understand a thing! [/quote] rofl Zach !!
littleflower+JMJ Posted July 12, 2004 Posted July 12, 2004 ifyou need help with statistics, i can help you, i just took it! LOL and after my first day of Trig....i thnk its going to interesting.....[i]very[/i] interesting...... :hide: i htink Cal II is easier than Cal I hahaa but they both are waay up there
1337 k4th0l1x0r Posted July 12, 2004 Posted July 12, 2004 [quote name='StColette' date='Jul 11 2004, 04:03 PM'] I have to take College level Calculus II in the fall then Statistics and then I'm finished with all my maths !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/quote] Lucky you. I'm 22 and out of college and I will STILL have to take ANOTHER math class (actually, 2 semesters worth) in grad school.
littleflower+JMJ Posted July 12, 2004 Posted July 12, 2004 [quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jul 12 2004, 04:42 PM'] Lucky you. I'm 22 and out of college and I will STILL have to take ANOTHER math class (actually, 2 semesters worth) in grad school. [/quote] is that even possible? what are you goign to take? make your own calculus textbooks? :hide: thats scary! :ph34r: but your smart! :thumb: you konw your gonna pass with flying colors!
Carnanc Posted July 12, 2004 Posted July 12, 2004 I'm glad I'm doing calc in high school and getting AP credit.
Guest T-Bone Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 I hate Calculus. I HATE IT IHATEIT IHATEITIHATEITIHATEIT!!!!! Calculus is the reason why I dropped out of college. (OK, that is going a bit far, but it was a contributing factor.) Fortunately, I have started classes again, even though I am much to old. Makes me feel like a freak, listening to my old fogey music.
Norseman82 Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 When I was in college, I hated differential equations.
tennisleto87 Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 [quote name='picchick' date='Jul 10 2004, 09:23 PM'] I hate summer school. Especially summer school with Ron and calculus!!. [/quote] Hehe Margaret I know. It must stink but i had to pick Geometry because I havent had calculus yet. But be ready cuz when i have to take it Im gonna ask you for help !!!!! lol Pax et Amoris Christi Kristen
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 [quote name='T-Bone' date='Aug 11 2004, 02:27 AM'] I hate Calculus. I HATE IT IHATEIT IHATEITIHATEITIHATEIT!!!!! Calculus is the reason why I dropped out of college. (OK, that is going a bit far, but it was a contributing factor.) Fortunately, I have started classes again, even though I am much to old. Makes me feel like a freak, listening to my old fogey music. [/quote] Pft. My father went back to college after, oh, maybe 25 years on break... He graduated Summa Cum Laude in Business Administration... Too bad he's still stuck in middle management...
Deeds Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 I'm doing a degree in maths. For the next two years, I'll be studying nothing but maths! Mwahaha Anyway, my least favourite part is analysis. Too darn fiddly.
BullnaChinaShop Posted August 13, 2004 Posted August 13, 2004 [quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jul 12 2004, 04:42 PM'] Lucky you. I'm 22 and out of college and I will STILL have to take ANOTHER math class (actually, 2 semesters worth) in grad school. [/quote] I just finished grad school and I took two semesters of diferential equations. (ODE and PDE) I voted for Geometry as the worst though because to me all there was to it was proofs of mostly common sense facts and very little real application. I really like calculus. I feel calculus makes much more sense if you are taught it in light of the the physical significance of the derivatives and integrals. (i.e. the derivative of position is velocity, deriviative of velocity is acceleration and integral of acceleration is velocity, integral of velocity is position)
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 13, 2004 Posted August 13, 2004 I never have to take math again! Unless I want to become a teacher, then, I do...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now