Iacobus Posted July 11, 2004 Posted July 11, 2004 Okay, some of you know me... I am rather picky about what I read. I dislike most female writers I have read, they don't intrest me, so I don't as a rule, read female authors. And today at the bookstore and bought and intend to read both [i]Persuasion[/i] (by Jane Austen) and [i]Jane Eyre[/i] (by Charlotte Brontë). I have no will power, lol, or am brainwashed to easily by the BBC and Colleen and Vera . Please don't think any less of my "rasist, sexist pig" (LOL! inside joke with people at school, I don't like Far Eastern lit, it is just I don't know, lol I just don't like it, and I don't like American lit so I am rasist. And I am sexist because I hated To Kill a Mocking Bird and Ethan Frome, lol) comments . For the record I can justify my not liking what I don't like and I tried it therefore I am not a rasist sexist pig in relatiy. But it is too funny, kinda. You have to know Lisa to understand it I guess, lol. :ph34r:
VeraMaria Posted July 11, 2004 Posted July 11, 2004 No. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Me and Colleen are good brainwashers I counted 7 typos or mistakes in that post. Anyone able to find more?
Iacobus Posted July 11, 2004 Author Posted July 11, 2004 ! I am a poor speller, they aren't typos but mispellings. LOL!
StColette Posted July 11, 2004 Posted July 11, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Jul 11 2004, 12:17 PM'] No. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Me and Colleen are good brainwashers I counted 7 typos or mistakes in that post. Anyone able to find more? [/quote] lol Vera you are starting to get like me with finding typos lol
Colleen Posted July 11, 2004 Posted July 11, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Jul 11 2004, 12:17 PM'] No. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Me and Colleen are good brainwashers [/quote] Hehe, aren't we though? *whispers to Vera* You know, he [i]almost[/i] bought [i]Little Women[/i].
VeraMaria Posted July 11, 2004 Posted July 11, 2004 [quote name='Colleen' date='Jul 11 2004, 02:43 PM'] Hehe, aren't we though? *whispers to Vera* You know, he [i]almost[/i] bought [i]Little Women[/i]. [/quote] ROTFL :rotfl: Louisa May Alcott anyone?
Colleen Posted July 11, 2004 Posted July 11, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Jul 11 2004, 02:26 PM'] ROTFL :rotfl: Louisa May Alcott anyone? [/quote] I decided to read my copy of "An Old-Fashioned Girl" by Alcott today. Too bad that one isn't on the BBC's list of greatest books ever.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 11, 2004 Posted July 11, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='Jul 11 2004, 12:45 PM'] Do you think I have a spine? [/quote] No. But that has nothing to do with this issue.
VeraMaria Posted July 11, 2004 Posted July 11, 2004 [quote name='Colleen' date='Jul 11 2004, 04:53 PM'] I decided to read my copy of "An Old-Fashioned Girl" by Alcott today. Too bad that one isn't on the BBC's list of greatest books ever. [/quote] lol, i LOVE that book!!!! GO POLLY!!!!!!!
theculturewarrior Posted July 11, 2004 Posted July 11, 2004 Has anybody read Smith of Wooton Major/Farmer Giles of Ham? Tolkien is AWESOME!
Colleen Posted July 11, 2004 Posted July 11, 2004 [quote name='VeraMaria' date='Jul 11 2004, 03:39 PM'] lol, i LOVE that book!!!! GO POLLY!!!!!!! [/quote] I know! I love Polly! She's awesome. I can really relate to her . . . even though the book was written a hundred years before I was born.
Colleen Posted July 11, 2004 Posted July 11, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Jul 11 2004, 03:42 PM'] Has anybody read Smith of Wooton Major/Farmer Giles of Ham? Tolkien is AWESOME! [/quote] < Tolkien fan I've read Smith of Wooton Major and I'm reading Farmer Giles of Ham, now, along with about five other books, hehe. It's really good. What? So I don't like to focus on just one.
Iacobus Posted July 11, 2004 Author Posted July 11, 2004 Yes I almost bought LW. My dad stopped me. LOL!
VeraMaria Posted July 12, 2004 Posted July 12, 2004 [quote name='Colleen' date='Jul 11 2004, 05:49 PM'] I know! I love Polly! She's awesome. I can really relate to her . . . even though the book was written a hundred years before I was born. [/quote] Same here!
picchick Posted July 12, 2004 Posted July 12, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='Jul 11 2004, 11:37 AM'] Okay, some of you know me... I am rather picky about what I read. I dislike most female writers I have read, they don't intrest me, so I don't as a rule, read female authors. And today at the bookstore and bought and intend to read both [i]Persuasion[/i] (by Jane Austen) and [i]Jane Eyre[/i] (by Charlotte Brontë). I have no will power, lol, or am brainwashed to easily by the BBC and Colleen and Vera . Please don't think any less of my "rasist, sexist pig" (LOL! inside joke with people at school, I don't like Far Eastern lit, it is just I don't know, lol I just don't like it, and I don't like American lit so I am rasist. And I am sexist because I hated To Kill a Mocking Bird and Ethan Frome, lol) comments . For the record I can justify my not liking what I don't like and I tried it therefore I am not a rasist sexist pig in relatiy. But it is too funny, kinda. You have to know Lisa to understand it I guess, lol. :ph34r: [/quote] Jane eyre is pretty cool make sure you see the movie after it!!
cmotherofpirl Posted July 12, 2004 Posted July 12, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='Jul 11 2004, 01:37 PM'] Okay, some of you know me... I am rather picky about what I read. I dislike most female writers I have read, they don't intrest me, so I don't as a rule, read female authors. [/quote] Do you like mysteries?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now