floscarmeli Posted February 14, 2022 Posted February 14, 2022 I would like to use something as close to the Carmelite Rite breviary as possible. Although I truly am considering writing to the Valparaiso Carmel and seeing if there is any way a lay person can obtain a copy of their breviary.
sr.christinaosf Posted February 14, 2022 Posted February 14, 2022 Christian Prayer https://ourfranciscanfiat.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/you-know-when-i-sit-and-when-i-stand/
MIKolbe Posted February 14, 2022 Posted February 14, 2022 I use Christian Prayer, though sometimes I use the 4 volume set as they have more robust readings for the Office of Readings.
JHFamily Posted March 14, 2022 Posted March 14, 2022 On 2/13/2022 at 5:21 PM, floscarmeli said: Although I truly am considering writing to the Valparaiso Carmel and seeing if there is any way a lay person can obtain a copy of their breviary. Valparaiso now uses the Roman Breviary, not the Carmelite one. They learned that St. Teresa chose the Roman Breviary. It had just been codified shortly before she founded the Discaled Carmelites. If you would like the Carmelite Breviary, I would suggest contacting the Carmelite Monks in Wyoming.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now