Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Well, Do you wanna be a saint?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was just wondering! ^_^

Posted

Yep I want to be a Saint, someday :D :D

crusader1234
Posted

I used to think we should be modest about this, but St. Terese wasn't and she ended up being a Doctor of the Church... so

I WANT TO BE A SAINT

Posted

OF COURSE I WANNA GET IN HEAVEN!

Posted

You bet I do! I have a lot of work to do first, though, to get there.

MichaelFilo
Posted

Who wouldn't, but I keep it in mind during my weekly adoration. I was reading something by Saint Dominic who said that the way to sainthood is through confession and the Eucharist. Then I read from another saint that you have to ask God because He will give this to people just as he does other stuff. ::sigh:: Now for the patience part.

Posted

I pray for hope, just that I can have the patience to persevere..

Soldier4Him
Posted

I pray for the courage and the grace to be a martyr if the situation arose.

shelly_freak
Posted

oh yeah that's goin in the prayer pot

Posted

[quote name='Gunga_ann' date='Jul 12 2004, 01:11 AM'] I was just wondering! ^_^ [/quote]
what a question!! :P

of course!!

this must be like the first unanimous poll!! :lol:

Posted

When I'm a priest, my parishners will know when my homily is done, becaues I'm always going to end it like this:

"I'm going to spend my heaven, doing good on earth!"

A quote my St. Therse

Yes I would love to be a saint.

Posted

[quote name='VeraMaria' date='Jul 12 2004, 02:40 PM'] what a question!! :P

of course!!

this must be like the first unanimous poll!! :lol: [/quote]
Hm.... maybe it is! I was just wondering, and kinda bored, but this is cool.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

Sainthood is such a glorious thing! The humble and the meek are exalted and those who give beyond what they have are given all they need by God... Simple splendors and wonderous Truths... Deep communion with God... deep communion with the world... Oh, how i wish to be a Saint! But I remember, it will only be if I follow God faithfully and abanddon myself to Him, and never return to earthly things... I do not need to be a mystic or perform miracles while I'm alive here on earth... being a Saint is showing God to others through actions more than words... and being faithful and true to Him as we fulfill His mission for us in this life... in the next, we can help souls on earth... all part of the Communion of Saints! Ah, glorious Sainthood! How I strive for it, but yet I fall short... But with Him, I can try over and over again!

ilovechrist
Posted

i wouldn't mind Sainthood...
but any assurance of Heaven will do for me!

shelly_freak
Posted

yeah i have to agree ilovechrist

Posted

"You are the saints of the next generation." (Pope JP II, speaking to a crowd of teenagers... that could be the wrong guy, and if it is I'm really sorry, it just popped into my head when I was typing this up :))

That is so amazing, but also kind of scary to think about (just the occasional "head chopped off" bits from the lives of the saints)! How awesome is it that so many people who have posted above desire sainthood, and are willing to make any sacrifices necessary!? Honestly, not many kids would answer that the same way, knowing what it took for some of the saints to become who they were. "being a Saint is showing God to others through actions more than words." futurenun, that is so true... great post!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

Thanks! There are two types of martyrdom!

Red and white:

Red is where they die for the Faith, and white is where they die to themselves and completely give themselves to God, no matter how hard or difficult it was...

Well, it's something like that, I can't explain things well anymore...

Posted

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

I was thinking, we have to wonder if we realy act like we want to be saints.

I heard of somebody who said that he wants to be a saint, but he doesn't want to want to be a saint enough.

Interesting, me too. But yes, I wanna be a saint. :seesaw:

RemnantRules
Posted

uhhhhh yea!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...