An Old School Catholic Message Board

BREAKING: Pope Francis will consecrate Russia and Ukraine to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on March 25

fides' Jack

BATTLE OF WILLS https://www.the-sun.com/news/4895753/russians-buckle-ten-days-ukraine-resistance-putin-forces-mariupol/

Russians ‘could buckle in 10 DAYS’ as Ukraine claims to have killed 13,500 troops and destroyed hundreds of tanks & jets

Tariq Tahir

3:48 ET, Mar 15 2022

10 days from now is March 25th...

According to a statement released by the Vatican on Tuesday, the consecration will take place on Friday, March 25, and will include both Russia and Ukraine. It will take place in St. Peter’s Basilica during the Celebration of Penance at which Francis will preside.

This date is highly significant. On March 25, 1984, Pope John Paul II consecrated Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary in St. Peter’s Square.

Our Lady told the children at Fatima to pray the rosary everyday in order to convert RussiaOur-Lady-of-Fatima.jpg

pray the Rosary

20 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

Hopefully details will be forthcoming, and hopefully it satisfies the criteria given by Our Lady in 1929.

Our Lady asked that it be done in communion with all the bishops, so please ask yours to join in the consecration!

4 hours ago, little2add said:

Pope John Paul II consecrated Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary in St. Peter’s Square.

back on March 25, 1984, some 38 years ago

collapse of the Soviet Union, occurred seven years latter on December 31, 1991.

fides' Jack
2 hours ago, MIKolbe said:

Sr. Lucia said this was already done. Is she lying or just wrong?

1.  She supposedly said that regarding the attempted consecration in 1984.  But why would that consecration count when it didn't mention Russia specifically and wasn't with the bishops throughout the world, when the 1952 consecration DID mention Russia specifically, but Sr. Lucia said it didn't count because it wasn't with all the bishops of the world?  

2.  As @little2add pointed out, the strongest indication that it might have happened before was that in 1991 the world saw what the west describes as the "collapse of the Soviet Union".  Interesting that Russia doesn't see it that way, and doesn't even admit that they lost the Cold War.  What's more interesting is that the promised peace in the world, which was promised by Our Lady, never happened.  War increased after 1984, not decreased. 

That means, if the Fatima apparitions were authentic, AND Sr. Lucia truly said it was already done, then either Sr. Lucia was wrong or the Blessed Mother was wrong.  I refuse to believe either. Obviously if I had to pick one, I'd pick the former. 

There is evidence that the letter from Sr. Lucia saying it fulfilled Our Lady's request was inauthentic.  There were reliable witnesses of people she knew who said it wasn't her letter or her handwriting.  There were others (clergy) who knew her personally who refused to believe it came from her at the time.  Plus it's just illogical, especially given point 1 above.

Even if the letter was authentic, which I think is the weakest link here, there have always been bad interpretations by prophets of the prophecies they were picked by God to spread.  Sr. Lucia is not infallible.  And she might've been misinformed as to what happened at the consecration.  Remember her state in life at the time...  

Lots of possibilities here, any one of which could make it not true.

And given the current state of affairs in Russia and the Ukraine, do you truly believe the request was fulfilled?  I used to.  Up until fairly recently, in fact.  I'm now convinced otherwise.

Edited by fides' Jack
Adding content

I believe (but am not certain) Lucia said that God was pleased with the consecration of the world and that He had accepted the consecration. Nothing was said about it being acceptable in regards to the request.

Edited by JHFamily

fides' Jack
2 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

1.  She supposedly said that regarding the attempted consecration in 1984.  But why would that consecration count when it didn't mention Russia specifically and wasn't with the bishops throughout the world, when the 1952 consecration DID mention Russia specifically, but Sr. Lucia said it didn't count because it wasn't with all the bishops of the world?  

There seems to be some confusion about this online.  What I had read previously indicated that the 1984 consecration did not include the bishops of the world, but from what I've read since then it seems that a letter was sent to the other bishops inviting whoever wished to, to join with the pope.  So this particular point seems to remain up-in-the-air, to me.

Including it here for the purposes of thoroughness and honesty.

This is worth watching:

5 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

the "collapse of the Soviet Union".

I say it was On June 12, 1987, When President Ronald Reagan stood just 100 yards away from the concrete barrier dividing East and West Berlin and uttered some of the most unforgettable words of his presidency:

“Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.”

191107180351-berlin-wall-falling.jpg

fides' Jack
5 hours ago, little2add said:

“Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.”

Indeed, one of several presidential quotes from history that will never be forgotten.

Here's another one from our current "president": 

Truen dernashine of a rdepressur

fides' Jack

Latest news, Pope Francis will invite all the bishops of the world to join him in his consecration of Russia and Ukraine.

It is now one step closer to what Our Lady actually requested!  If this actually happens, and if the prayer of consecration is an actual prayer of consecration, and if Russia is specifically named, then this will be the closest occasion to fulfilling the request that has come about since the apparition in Tuy, in 1929.  

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/nuncio-alerts-u-s-bishops-to-prepare-for-consecration-of-russia-and-ukraine/?utm_source=top_news&utm_campaign=catholic

Still, depending on the translation of the request made, and what actually happens, it might still not be what was requested...: https://fatima.org/the-vision-of-june-13-1929/.  We will know soon enough.

PhuturePriest

Discussions like this are why I gladly take the Church's few intellectual liberties granted to us and just disregard private revelations and apparitions as a whole. The loss of sleep by so many over an alleged event the Church doesn't require us to believe in and whether the wishes of this alleged event were fulfilled simply baffle me, especially since the arguments become so stringently legalistic and absurd.

The world didn't join hands and sing kumbaya after the first consecration, sure. But does the collapse of the Soviet Union without a single shot fired mean nothing to Fatima enthusiasts? Does the lack of an actual war within the western world until last month mean nothing? I don't know how else to interpret those things other than nearly 40 years of historically unprecedented peace.

fides' Jack
18 hours ago, PhuturePriest said:

The loss of sleep by so many over an alleged event the Church doesn't require us to believe in and whether the wishes of this alleged event were fulfilled simply baffle me, especially since the arguments become so stringently legalistic and absurd.

It's not a loss of sleep, at least not for me.  I know that others have different temperaments and they might turn to fear and despair over a lot of things going on right now.  But the overall message is that of hope.

19 hours ago, PhuturePriest said:

Does the lack of an actual war within the western world until last month mean nothing?

No, certainly not.  But I'd also like to refute the premise that there hasn't been "actual war within the western world".  Actual war takes many forms.  

19 hours ago, PhuturePriest said:

I don't know how else to interpret those things other than nearly 40 years of historically unprecedented peace.

We're looking at the world, not just the west.  There has not been historically unprecedented peace...

18 hours ago, PhuturePriest said:

Discussions like this are why I gladly take the Church's few intellectual liberties granted to us and just disregard private revelations and apparitions as a whole.

There are some intellectual liberties granted to us, but this is not one of them. 

Nor do I understand the desire to preclude oneself from the many graces that accompany belief in, and devotion to, approved private revelation and apparitions.  

Do you wear a brown scapular?

Or do you just mean prophetical private revelation, such as some of the writings of Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich, and of Our Lady of Fatima, and of Our Lady of Akita, and of Our Lord to St. Faustina, and dozens of others?