Joolye Posted September 3, 2003 Author Posted September 3, 2003 CARN THE SAINTS!! Tho' I've dropped the saints, they not good enough anymore! (They'll all be wondering now!) Ay, Sammy, I liked your post. Wish there was someone who could understand Pidgin here. Mi ting ting olgeta yupela i gutpela manmeri. Or Scottish. Acht awa' wi ye! Gang an' fash yersel'. Havers! Ach to hang wi' it. Mark, I agree with you that Australian does have a lot of similarities to the Cockney English in My Fair Lady. I'm not Aussie, I'm Scottish.
jasJis Posted September 3, 2003 Posted September 3, 2003 Joolye, If'n ya scottish, why come the Sean avatar? 'e's from Wensledayle which is York!
rachael Posted September 3, 2003 Posted September 3, 2003 Yo dudes, ma peeps went ta skull. Josh an tesa rolled tha hill. They ain't goink to tha zaksame ting though. Ma steve parkd in skiwrl hill an rode pat ta Pitt. John's catchin 40, going ta cac, an's doin da 2nd trick tanite. Jim slepin seeinzat he tooled til mornin. Alls a gotta do iz go an worsh, run the sweeper, an redd up today, then go dawmstreet buggying at te igl. I'm outa cow juice, bred , jumbo, alls a got is chipchopped anat. Would drather wallyworld. If a don't, there'll canipshuns when they want sammiches and pop. If a had ma druthers I'd be gallivantin, but am makin golumpki fur suppa. I hope not ta wait suppa tanite. Must feed the beasts, tha spudzee are waitin on da jaggers awtside yunz have a good one where eva yunz at. Pump an iron on me. But stay outa tha beer garten. Off with babuska an bumershoot, its doin anutter Noah. hahaha....
Brother Adam Posted September 4, 2003 Posted September 4, 2003 Hey! No making fun of Canadians! What did we ever do to you! ..... eh? Nothin' at all. I'm so close to Canada though (and cross the border usually around once a year) that when I go south I'm told that I sound a little Canadian. Canada ROCKS!
geetarplayer Posted September 4, 2003 Posted September 4, 2003 I agree, Canada is the best. One of the things on my "Do it before you die" list is to go to Toronto. -Mark
Joolye Posted September 5, 2003 Author Posted September 5, 2003 How Scottish are ye Jas? Born there? Lived there? or Have Scottish ancestors? Ah jist hiv the Sean cuz ah'm mad on sheep.
jasJis Posted September 5, 2003 Posted September 5, 2003 Joolye, I'm not very Scot at all, but do have a bit o' the Irish on me mum's side of the family. Am Eastern Europe refugee on my Dad's side. Me wife's from the UK (England). Been to Scotland and York though and loved it. (Stayed at Borthwick Castle in Scotland once. Do you know it?) I'm mad about Wallace & Gommet though. Have been to Wensleydale and eaten coagulated milk. (Would love to have a Wallace Avatar at YB with his grin and wave if you could find it for me. Please???)
Joolye Posted September 5, 2003 Author Posted September 5, 2003 (edited) (Would love to have a Wallace Avatar at YB with his grin and wave if you could find it for me. Please???) You do your own dirty work, bud! (Do not take offense at this phrase, I am not being nasty.). Get onto Google and do an image search. Me...I'm a real Scot. Born and bred there...until I was 8. Edited September 5, 2003 by Joolye
Joolye Posted September 5, 2003 Author Posted September 5, 2003 Okay, this is what I've found: http://images.usatoday.com/life/cyber/_pho...lace-gromit.jpg http://home.swbell.net/z0rt/wallace/wallace.jpg Lots of pictures here: http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/~turpinh/w&g.htm Truly if you do a google image search and type 'Wallace Gromit' you will get lots of pictures yourself.
jasJis Posted September 5, 2003 Posted September 5, 2003 Joolye, I had no idea how to customize an avatar or find one. I do now! Thanks!
cmotherofpirl Posted September 6, 2003 Posted September 6, 2003 (edited) hahaha.... every region has its own dialrct. don't laugh, translate it. Edited September 6, 2003 by cmotherofpirl
Aloysius Posted September 6, 2003 Posted September 6, 2003 hmm u seem to think u posted in the debate table this is open mic! u can post any kind of craziness here, so don't be like sorry this isn't a debate topic, cause this isn't a debate table! G'day G'day, How ya goin? Whaddaya know? We'll Strike a lite. G'day G'day, How ya gooooin just say G'day G'day G'day and she'll be right! i learned that song, and it has aussie language in it. I can only imagine how dorky all u aussies think that song is though. I mean thad be like a song that was like yo yo! watsup? wats goin on? let's do somethin. Yo yo. wats suuuuuuuuuuuuuup just say yo yo yo and you'll be fine. anyway, pax et amo Christi!
yiannii Posted September 7, 2003 Posted September 7, 2003 what are you talking about... GO THE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robyn Posted September 7, 2003 Posted September 7, 2003 (edited) :rolleyes: oops :ph34r: Edited September 7, 2003 by Robyn
Robyn Posted September 7, 2003 Posted September 7, 2003 Hey Jools! Been YONKS since I've seen ya in the outback! The big smoke is just the big smoke...although not as cold as expected! Ticked pink by the weather...not quite barbie weather...but ah well...don't really like em anyway Have u ever had SHRIMP on the barbie? I haven't! Lemme see....what else can I say? Oh! I gots me a copy of the AUSSIE BIBLE! Talk about a bush yarn! I even learned some new phrases! Like did ya know Mary had a bun the the oven? She ended up popping im out and he became a well known bloke... the bush telegraph went bonkers! ok...enough of that bush jabber... oh we had a big do last nite for little tackers' birthday! Can u believe they're 21??????????? The whole pack came to a restaurant....the place was full of Italians and Aussie/German/Irish.... haha... oh yeah.....I HATE FOOTY!!!!! :P
Joolye Posted September 9, 2003 Author Posted September 9, 2003 Roby, well done on your Aussie talk. I'm not very good at it, even though I started this thread! Oh well! Ay, bud, it has been donkey's years (well not really) since I seen ya in the outback. Don't know when I'll be visiting the big smoke next. I miss you. The weather is just sweet up here. Shorts and T shirt weather now! It's grouse! (I haven't heard anyone use the word grouse in ages. I think it was an 80's thing). Oh well better go. Jules
Robyn Posted September 9, 2003 Posted September 9, 2003 hahaha...you're a galah Jules! Yeah I miss ya too mate...when u come down I'll havta take a geezer in the tuckerbox and see if we can have a decent tucker together Now where did I put that Akubra? :P
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now