An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Method of Salvation

CuriositasEtFidem

CuriositasEtFidem

Hello there everyone, I'm doing a writing project for myself, investigating Christianity through a critical lens. I find that Catholics are good at academic analyses of the faith, so I wanted to start off with a question: why did God choose to offer humanity redemption through the Crucifixion specifically? Awfully gruesome if you think about it. Why did he let his only Son be slaughtered? Couldn't he have done all of this another way? 

Blessings,

Curiositas

The chosen people were the Jews whose religious beliefs had animal sacrifices for there sins. The Messiah Jesus whom was known as the lamb of God was the new sacrifice and the only sacrifice that could truely atone for sin, God himself, and that sacrifice is eternal whereas the human efforts where temporal hence Jesus God Himself opening up the eternal gates of heaven to all humanity once the domain of the elect and this eternal sacrifice is still present at every Catholic mass as a reminder that we can't but God can which requires both God's Grace and man's faith to see and believe, which takes the owness from man's mortality to God's immortality a hope beyond our wildest dreams that the world cant offer, the cure to all our doubts and fears if we dare to believe.

In its simplest form love has two sides pleasure and pain, the pain of sacrificing your time, goods, money, compassion, open heart&mind, a listening ear etc for someone you love and requires effort sometimes let alone towards someone that's hurt you and human sin hurts God because He loves us and wants the best for us just like anyone who loves us. But anyway as the saying goes sometimes you have to give an arm & a leg for those you love, swim an ocean, steal the moon etc. Without both parts of love present is it truly love? The Jewish priesthood and other old cultures the ordinary person couldn't approach God, Jesus smashed this concept in the Bible in the crucifixion part the veil of the temple is split and the holy of holies exposed for all to see so now not only do we have human love but also God's love, now all can approach God and love and be loved by God especially when things are tough but also when things are well, no longer is God kept hidden from the followers of religion previously only seen by priests of the old cultures, this is the new covenant Christ's sacrifice, Gods salvation.

Sorry not really academic just simple. Hope that helps.