An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Canada ready for an "Anybody but Trudeau movement?"

Dennis Tate

Is Canada ready for an "Anybody but Trudeau Movement?"  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dennis Tate

Does the rebuking that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau got in Europe recently hint that perhaps Canadians are close to an "Anybody but Trudeau"  movement?

That sort of thing happened back in 2011 and led to Prime Minister Stephen Harper being given a majority government.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ignatieff-s-liberals-lose-official-opposition-status-1.1055540

Ignatieff's Liberals lose Official Opposition status

Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff lost his job as Official Opposition leader and as an MP in Monday's federal election, making his political future uncertain after his party suffered a historic defeat under his leadership.

The Liberals finished in third place for the first time in Canadian history, while the Conservatives finally secured a majority government and the NDP formed the Official Opposition.

The Liberals entered the election with 77 seats and are poised to finish it with just 34.

Ignatieff, who lost his own seat by more than 2,900 votes, spoke to supporters at a downtown Toronto hotel around 11:15 p.m. ET and offered his congratulations to Conservative Leader Stephen Harper, and to Layton, referring to him as the new opposition leader.

"Democracy teaches hard lessons and we have to learn them all. We have to be big enough, open-hearted enough, courageous enough, to read the lessons that the Canadian people have taught our party tonight," said Ignatieff.

Ignatieff called his party's defeat "historic" and said he takes responsibility for it. He did not offer his resignation, saying he wants to stay on as leader as long as his party will have him at the helm.

He encouraged his fellow Liberals to remember what their party stands for and he spoke of the legacy of its past leaders.

"I'm the humble heir of that tradition and I didn't come into politics to see that tradition die," said Ignatieff, who was first elected in 2006. "I came into this political life to see it strengthen, renew, reform and grow."

For the record I personally rather liked Michael Ignatieff and I joined Canada's Liberal Party in 2009 after his comment that Prime Minster Stephen Harper had tabled a relatively "Liberal budget."

I personally like giving credit when it is due....

even if doing so is politically dangerous.... but Prime Minister Justin Trudeau seems to be stirring up something that could have a similar result to the errors that Mr. Michael Ignatieff did make..... the Liberal Party could soon lose its grip on political power here in Canada if P. M. Trudeau is perceived as an embarassement?????

Justin Trudeau Publicly Humiliated at Meeting of the EUThe Charlie Kirk Show  Published March 24, 2022 8,584 Views

A second possible question that is related to this could be... is it time for Prime Minister Stephen Harper to come back into Canadian politics?????

He did accomplish something truly historical at the G-8 meetings in 2011.

On Israel, Harper stands alone at G8 summit

Alone among G8 leaders, the Canadian Prime Minister refuses to embrace the U.S. President's plan to begin peace negotiations between Palestinians and Israelis on the basis of a return to Israel's de facto borders as they existed before its 1967 war with neighbouring Arab countries - a precondition, accepted by Arabs and by many previous Israeli leaders and Canadian governments, that would be necessary to get Palestinians back to the table.

Mr. Harper made his opposition to that position clear through a spokesperson shortly after Mr. Obama's Middle East speech last week in a pre-G8 briefing, making him the lone leader in the G8 not to back the U.S. preconditions.

A unified statement on a negotiated path to a Palestinian state had been a key goal of the Deauville summit, in large part because such a statement might have pre-empted an attempt to pass a United Nations resolution that would declare a Palestinian state against Israel's will.

Nihil Obstat

Harper was a pretty effective leader, but I am no longer willing to vote for Conservatives who make vague promises of "respecting" social conservatives while simultaneously marginalizing them and shutting down any socially conservative initiatives.

If the next conservative leader cannot demonstrate that there is a genuine openness in their cabinet to a conservative input on pro life, marriage, and euthanasia questions, then I will not vote for my local Conservative candidate (whom I know to be very liberal on life and marriage issues anyway - were he not I would consider it anyway).

At this point the only candidate who seems capable in this area is Leslyn Lewis. Pollievre is a caricature of a culture warrior, who will toss pro-lifers under the bus whenever it suits him. 

I do not expect everyone to agree with me, and that is fine, but I have drawn my line in the sand.

Dennis Tate
On 4/1/2022 at 8:54 AM, Nihil Obstat said:

Harper was a pretty effective leader, but I am no longer willing to vote for Conservatives who make vague promises of "respecting" social conservatives while simultaneously marginalizing them and shutting down any socially conservative initiatives.

If the next conservative leader cannot demonstrate that there is a genuine openness in their cabinet to a conservative input on pro life, marriage, and euthanasia questions, then I will not vote for my local Conservative candidate (whom I know to be very liberal on life and marriage issues anyway - were he not I would consider it anyway).

At this point the only candidate who seems capable in this area is Leslyn Lewis. Pollievre is a caricature of a culture warrior, who will toss pro-lifers under the bus whenever it suits him. 

I do not expect everyone to agree with me, and that is fine, but I have drawn my line in the sand.

In my opinion Dr. Leslyn Lewis is amesome .... and I do so hope that  Jesus gives her more and more and more and more influence over Canadian politics......

I totally agree with you that up until now pro-Life Conservatives and Pro-Life Liberals are being squeezed out of the two biggest Canadian political parties..... I personally was squeezed out of Canada's Liberal Party by 2015 but I am working on something that could well give a whole new lease on life to pro-Life Liberals and pro-Life Conservatives here in Canada.......

Would a Basic Minimum Income dramatically reduce abortions?

"Would a Basic Minimum Income dramatically reduce abortions?"

I am thinking that the answer to this question is yes!

Canadian Abortion Statistics
Facts and figures relating to the frequency of abortion in Canada.

In 2016, approximately 20.3% of all Canadian pregnancies (excluding spontaneous miscarriages) ended in abortion. This is down from 20.4% in 2015, 20.6% in 2014, and 21.1% in 2013.*

Five hundred dollars per Canadian per month, can this work?

I am advocating the usage of the Bank of Canada that is owned by all Canadians to finance giving five hundred dollars per month to all thirty seven million Canadians.

It will of course mean much more to poorer Canadians than to millionaires........
but it could be surprising how many stay at home wives with cheap and stingy millionaire husbands who control the purse strings of the home may find this extra five hundred very helpful indeed.

I suspect that well over eighty percent of of Canadians will spend this money reasonably well and:
1. enrol their kids in more after school programs.....
2. begin to purchase a higher percentage of organic produce vs the cheap GMO stuff
3. purchase a newer car, SUV or half ton truck
4. do renovations to their homes
5. hire landscapers to do certain projects on their properties
6. pay down their debt loads, especially the higher interest ones
7. buy a new home rather than renting
8. buy a cottage outside the city so that they can get away for weekends
9. many will choose to move to rural Canada in order to escape relatively hectic city life
10. eat at nice restaurants more often

11. I also believe that a significant percentage of Canadian women who would have chosen to have an abortion under the present economic situation will CHOOSE to keep their babies as opposed to having an abortion!

I believe that the key to understanding this lies in Canadians coming to really understand how serious an error made by Prime Minister Pierre E. Trudeau back in 1974 really was.

(Ms. Betty Krawczyk) ....

"  The Bank of Canada was first established by Prime Minister Richard Bennet in 1935 as a private central bank, but was then nationalized by William Lyon Mackenzie King in 1938. By nationalizing the bank, Mackenzie King meant for it to belong to the people so the Canadian government could borrow funds with little or no interest for capital expenditures. The mandate of the newly nationalized Bank of Canada was to act as the banker to the government and to manage the public debt. As Mackenzie King famously said: “Once a nation parts with the control of their currency and credit, it matters not who makes that nation’s laws. Usury, once in control, will wreck any nation. Until the control of the issue of currency and credit is restored to government and recognized as its most sacred responsibility, all talk of sovereignty of parliament and of democracy is idle and futile.”

So the Bank of Canada was nationalized in 1938 and the government could now borrow money with little or no interest. And it worked. The Canadian government built freeways, public transportation systems, subway line, airports, the St. Lawrence Seaway and funded a national health care system and the Canada Pension Plan. But then Trudeau, under the influence of the international financial group called Basel’s
Committee’s Recommendations (The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision) made the decision to halt the borrowing of money from the Bank of Canada, and instead, chose to borrow from the private banks who instead of lending to the government at no interest, or low interest, introduced higher interest rates along with compound interest.

All banks know very well the magic of compound interest. And Pierre Trudeau must have known that the mounting compounded national debt would lead to Canadians eventually owing a dollar fifty for every dollar of their disposable incomes. After all, he studied economics at the London School of Economics. Surely the professors there knew about compound interest.

So Pierre Trudeau, instead of feeling blessed that Canada, unlike the US, had a nationalized central bank, signed our bank away to the private banks. Couldn’t Trudeau, such an educated man, surmise that citizens in a few years would be struggling to make car payments and meet rent and mortgages and student loans and to buy healthy food while last year’s profits for the big five (that’s Royal Bank, TD Bank, Scotiabank, Bank of Montreal and CIBC amounted to $31.7 billion?) If he did, he didn’t care. But it doesn’t have to be this way. It really doesn’t. Our Bank of
Canada is still there. Next time." (Ms. Betty Krawczyk)

Understanding the off the scale implications of the error made by then P. M. Pierre E. Trudeau in 1974 to my thinking indicates that the national debt of Canada is significantly a PRACTICAL JOKE being played on thirty seven point six million Canadians by an Elitist group of people who hold pro-life Canadians in utter contempt.  

https://famguardian.org/Publications/InThisAgeOfPlenty/plenty34.htm

"A debt-money system

Why are all the countries in debt? It is quite simple: in the present system, all money is created, comes into being, as a debt." (Alain Pilote, The Public Debt Problem).

23 hours ago, Dennis Tate said:

1. purchase dope/hard drugs
2. begin to purchase a higher percentage of organic produce vs the cheap GMO stuff
3. purchase a newer car, SUV or half ton truck
4. do renovations to their homes
5. hire landscapers to do certain projects on their properties
6. pay down their debt loads, especially the higher interest ones
7. buy a new home rather than renting
8. buy a cottage outside the city so that they can get away for weekends
9. many will choose to move to rural Canada in order to escape relatively hectic city life
10. eat at nice restaurants more often

Basic Minimum Income would dramatically increase drug abuse...

Dennis Tate
2 hours ago, little2add said:

Basic Minimum Income would dramatically increase drug abuse...

OK... I admit it..... you could well be correct in this theory and yes......

the extra drug use could lead to more unwanted pregnancies which could conceivably lead to more abortions...... so your idea is one powerful reason why my theory could well be in error.

It is not without reason that I termed myself "Canada's Worst Politician"...... back in 2012......

A good politician would not admit to the truth of opposing theories but I am from Nova Scotia, Canada and it is a part of our culture to openly admit to the truth in ideas that we may personally not believe in.  

Dennis Tate

It is highly likely that any Canadian who shared the following video on a certain platform would likely have their account deleted...... .or at minimum end up in some sort of internet jail..... but it is nice that these videos can be shared on discussion forums like Phatmass..... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc5_8TJxj6I

Dennis Tate
10 hours ago, Didacus said:

Trudeau is the great Canadien embarrassment.

Yes......... but strangely enough he did me a favour by forcing my employer to put me personally on Unpaid Administrative Leave as of December 1, 2021 which forced me to retire after working as a cleaner / janitor for 9.66 years for the Strait Regional Centre for Education...... (and since he also decreed that I was un-eligible for Employment Insurance Benefits I also had to leave Nova Scotia and drive to near Toronto, Ontario where I knew I could find an employer who would not mind that I was unvaccinated).  

In a way.... he did me a favour because I would NOT have left Nova Scotia just after sunset on Saturday December 20 to drive to Mississauga were it not for the rather authoritarian manner in which he was behaving.............but  he did me a favour because if I had been more free to remain in Nova Scotia, I would have.... (but I know that I am far better off in a house full of family as is the case now)..... in comparison to my being alone in our Nova Scotia home....... so in a way..... I am reminded of the saying.... "it is all good?"

I do believe that Prime Minister Trudeau was wrong.... I believe that he acted in a manner that I could describe as even being "unCanadian".... but....... he did do me a favour and Jesus worked out his fairly serious error for my benefit?!

Edited by Dennis Tate
spelling and grammar

• 5 months later...
On 4/5/2022 at 7:57 AM, Didacus said:

Trudeau is the great Canadien embarrassment.

So true......

and evidence is coming out that he violated The Nuremberg Codes.....

ab136636ad7ac65e956a243a13d5e064_500x0.j

Ive l99ked into the Nuremberg code thing, and there is strong argument that they do not apply based on the fact the code is superceded by another and the Nuremberg code refers to experimentation, not 'routine' health care.

I would counter that this is grasping at straws, as the superceding code keeps intact the content of Nuremberg, and the intent of Nuremberg is an individual's right to refuse TAKES PRECEDENCE over the perceived good of society - leaving experimentation as a specific example but not the intent of the general rule exclusively.

Any claims that the COVID-19 vaccines violate the Nuremberg Code are false.

if your concern is that there's some sort of mass global forced experimentation on people that is violating the codes of conduct that we have, then they are simply factually ignorant ”

Edited by little2add

51 minutes ago, little2add said:

Any claims that the COVID-19 vaccines violate the Nuremberg Code are false.

if your concern is that there's some sort of mass global forced experimentation on people that is violating the codes of conduct that we have, then they are simply factually ignorant ”

It is true the c0vid vaccine mandates, even in Canada, are outside the textual Nuremberg code.  Gowever, the mandates are contrary to the conclusion of the Nuremberg codes and the intent therein, which states (I am paraphrasing here), that the rights of the individual to refuse medical procedures shall not be infringed upon EVEN if there is a perceived benefit to society as a whole.

I agree woth the Nuremberg conclusion... the state has NO RIGHT to impose on its citizens/individuals a vaccine mandate even if the state sees a benefit to society.