An Old School Catholic Message Board

Parents' Divorce and Dad

tinytherese

tinytherese

Please pray for my family. Mom is divorcing dad. He doesn't want it to happen. He’s not eating, sleeping despite how tired he is, and making reckless choices. Please pray he sees a therapist.

• 2 weeks later...
tinytherese

Dad who hasn't been to Mass in years, says he wants to learn how to pray. I don't want to overwhelm him with resources. I'm looking up videos from Ascension Presents like those by Fr. Mike Schmitz that may help him.

He also wants to speak with a priest about our family's situation. I asked the director of marriage and family life if he knew any priests who were good with helping out in family situations. He gave me a couple names and I'll ask dad if he wants to schedule a time to talk with either of them. Both are local. One of them baptized my younger brother and me. One is a spiritual director and the other is training to become one.

Dad sees God as his last hope to win mom back. I don't want to give him false hope though. The Lord certainly has the power to reconcile them, but He may not will it to happen.

Edited by tinytherese

tinytherese

As I mentioned in another thread, my parents are getting divorced. They did counseling years ago, but didn't get very far in improving their relationship. Dad wants to save their marriage.

He hasn't been to Mass in years, and now says he wants to learn how to pray. Dad sees God as his last hope to win mom back. I don't want to give him false hope though. The Lord certainly has the power to reconcile them, but He may not will it to happen.

I don't want to overwhelm him with resources. I'm looking up videos from Ascension Presents like those by Fr. Mike Schmitz that may help him.

He also wants to speak with a priest about our family's situation. I asked the director of marriage and family life if he knew any priests who were good with helping out in family situations. He gave me a couple names and I'll ask dad if he wants to schedule a time to talk with either of them. Both are local. One of them baptized my younger brother and me. One is a spiritual director and the other is training to become one.

Please pray for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
tinytherese
On 5/5/2022 at 7:14 PM, tinytherese said:

As I mentioned in another thread, my parents are getting divorced. They did counseling years ago, but didn't get very far in improving their relationship. Dad wants to save their marriage.

He hasn't been to Mass in years, and now says he wants to learn how to pray. Dad sees God as his last hope to win mom back. I don't want to give him false hope though. The Lord certainly has the power to reconcile them, but He may not will it to happen.

I don't want to overwhelm him with resources. I'm looking up videos from Ascension Presents like those by Fr. Mike Schmitz that may help him.

Please pray for him.

I meant to post this in a new thread. Whoops.