An Old School Catholic Message Board

Daily May Devotions to Our Lady

Seven77

May 30
MARY: THE CHANNEL OF GRACE

"Her power before God is such that she can obtain anything that we ask for, and, like any mother, she wants to answer our prayers. Like any mother, also, she knows and understands our weaknes­ses. She encourages us and makes excuses for us. She makes the way easy for us, and even when we think there is no possible solu­tion for our worry, she always has one ready to offer us." 36

Let us offer to our Mother today:

A visit or a conversation with a friend or relative whom we want to encourage to go to Confession.

May 31
THE VISITATION 
MARY SINGS OF THE LOVE OF GOD

"God is interested in even the smallest events in the lives of his creatures -- in your affairs and mine -- and he calls each of us by name. This certainty that the faith gives enables us to look at everything in a new light. And everything, while remaining exactly the same, becomes different, because it is an expression of God's love. Our life is turned into a continuous prayer, we find ourselves with good humor and a peace that never ends, and ev­erything we do is an act of thanksgiving running through all our day. ‘My soul magnifies the Lord,' Mary sang, ‘and my spirit re­joices in God, my Savior.'" 37

The Holy Rosary said with concentration and affection.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
BarbTherese
On 6/1/2022 at 2:33 AM, Seven77 said:

May 31
THE VISITATION 
MARY SINGS OF THE LOVE OF GOD

"God is interested in even the smallest events in the lives of his creatures -- in your affairs and mine -- and he calls each of us by name. This certainty that the faith gives enables us to look at everything in a new light. And everything, while remaining exactly the same, becomes different, because it is an expression of God's love. Our life is turned into a continuous prayer, we find ourselves with good humor and a peace that never ends, and ev­erything we do is an act of thanksgiving running through all our day. ‘My soul magnifies the Lord,' Mary sang, ‘and my spirit re­joices in God, my Savior.'" 37

The Holy Rosary said with concentration and affection.

Thank you