Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Anastasia13
Posted

How are candles left burning at church if there is no one there? Are they blown out before the sanctuary is locked for the night?

truthfinder
Posted

In most parishes I’ve been, they stay burning until they self-extinguish. Now some insurance companies get concerned about this and mandate electric candles. But every parish I’ve been a member of in the past 20 years has their rack of votive candles set away from anything flammable and usually each candle is in a glass container shaped in such a way as to prevent the flame from contacting anything. 

Posted

When I lived in Southern CA, they replaced many candles with "electric" candles... drop in $3 and press a button. I think the only exception was the Sanctuary Candle (Tabernacle Candle). I think.. As I do remember those sometimes being extinguished.. but I also remember them remaining lit.

In Pittsburgh though, everything remains lit until they run out, then they are replaced, as that's part of what I do. LOL

  • 2 months later...
Posted

Thank you for your service ??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...