An Old School Catholic Message Board

Multilingual Rosary for Peace, on Armistice Day, Nov. 11 '22

Luigi

The Dominicans appoint one friar (on a rotating basis) to be The Promoter of the Rosary. The current Promoter is Fr. Lawrence Lew, of the English province (and a convert, I believe). He's very active and very creative, too. He's also pretty high-tech.

He's organized a Rosary for Peace on Friday, November 11. That's Armistice Day, which celebrates the End of World War I, and it's also the feast of St. Martin of Tours, patron of soldiers. The event will which will be livestreamed on Lew's YouTube channel. It will feature the Master General of the Dominicans (Fr. Gerard Timoner, of the Province of the Philippines) and other members of the Dominican curia. The Sorrowful Mysteries will be prayed in Latin, French, Spanish, and Italian, which should give it that Catholic-in-the-sense-of-universal feel. 

WHEN: Next Friday, 11 November, on Armistice Day, a Rosary for Peace will be livestreamed from the cell of St Dominic in Santa Sabina, Rome. 9 p.m. (Roman time) - that's 4 p.m. in New York, 3 p.m. in the Midwest, 2 p.m. in California - I think! Do your own calculations!

WHERE: YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/RosariumOP You can check out this channel any time - he's got over a hundred videos on it, of past livestreams and lots of other stuff.