An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fr Pavone kicked out of RC Vhurch

Anomaly

On 12/19/2022 at 8:25 PM, Hna.Caridad said:

Please explain to me what you mean by "pre-maturely terminated"? 

because being laicized is a death sentence for a Catholic priest. 

On 12/21/2022 at 4:23 AM, little2add said:

because being laicized is a death sentence for a Catholic priest. 

Unless they ask for it... 

It is what it is. It isn't good or bad in itself. It's just a process. Like everything else, it depends on one's point of view. 

More than well-known priest in the news recently.

Fame and the public eye are always dangerous, and even more dangerous for priests and religious.

I had always generally liked Fr Pavone, especially his tireless work against abortion.   

It’s a sad example of not what you say, but how you say it.   He let his convictions, as fundamentally righteous they may be, fuel his ego that diminished his humility and respect for the Church that he pledged allegiance and obedience to.  

I’m saddened that he’s now down harm to his crusade against abortion.  

• 3 weeks later...
KnightofChrist

Cardinal Muller gave an interview to LifeSiteNews. One of subjects was Father Pavone. 

The whole interview is worth watching. 

Source: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cardinal-muller-slams-pope-francis-political-laicization-of-fr-pavone/

"  He insisted that the Vatican’s reasons for defrocking Fr. Pavone “are not justified.”

“Nobody with a certain theological understanding or a human feeling of justice and human rights can understand it and accept it,” he said.

Cardinal Müller further alluded that political pressure may have had an impact on Fr. Pavone’s treatment.

“I think there was truly a lot of pressure [from] the Democratic Party” and abortion activists against the pro-life priest and one-time campaign adviser of former President Donald Trump.

He also contrasted Pope Francis’ stark punishment of Fr. Pavone with Church authorities’ frequently lax approach to dissident Catholics.

“There are other prominent persons in the United States and other countries who are denying openly the basics of the Catholic faith and morals, and they [face] no reactions from the side of the ecclesiastical authority,” he said.  "

“Nobody with a certain theological understanding or a human feeling of justice and human rights can understand it and accept it,” he said.

Is the ability to confer sacraments a human right?

KnightofChrist
12 hours ago, Hna.Caridad said:

Is the ability to confer sacraments a human right?

A human feeling of justice, human rights.

Cardinal Muller as I read him was speaking of the rights of the accused. The law be applied equally, the right of a fair trial, and if fairly found guilty the punishment be equal to crime. These types of human rights.