An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is there an order like this?

Alison

Okay, so I've realized that I have very many desires in regards to discerning and am struggling to find a good fit, so I thought I'd share!

- I am very passionate about spiritual motherhood/praying for priests and seminarians

- I also love working with children 

- Devotion and Consecration to Mary is vitally important to me

- Seeking to console Jesus and love Him for all those who don't 

- I also have more of an attraction to the Carmelite Saints/spirituality

- I need the Traditional Mass (and if it can't be all the time, at least a reverent Novus Ordo Mass), prefferably praying the Liturgy of the Hours in Latin (at least partially),  a love for Sacred Music, and full habit.

I already have on my list the Daughters of the Virgin Mother, Carmelite Daughters of St. Elias, and the Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa. I don't know if I could do the Children of Mary because I have issues with fasting. 

Merry Christmas!

https://www.saintbenedict.com/sisters-micm/

They teach and work with youth

They are consecrated: "This total consecration to Mary as formulated by Saint Louis Marie de Montfort in his book True Devotion to Mary, is the driving force behind the spiritual life of the Sisters, whether they are praying, working, studying, or teaching."

If there's an Order you feel attracted to but there's an aspect of their life that you know you can't live (e.g. fasting), they will be able to suggest something.... either that you don't have a vocation to them but they know of a similar way of life or that they can accept you and you could offer an alternative way of fasting or penitential practice. (Perhaps!).

Sr Mary Catharine OP

I would agree you should look into the Sisters, Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. They have a solid prayer life and apostolate but they ARE active and don't try to be "contemplative-active". 

I would also suggest that if you don't have one to find a spiritual director. And spend time with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament asking him to show you what YOU truly desire. We all have many desires, loves, likes, etc. but what is the deepest desire of your heart and the way you wish to follow Christ? In a way it is a right ordering of all our desires. 

The Benedictines of Mary in Gower/Ava are strictly contemplative.  No active apostate such as working with children, etc.  And they ARE Benedictines, not Carmelites as you said preferred.

The Daughters of the Virgin Mother is a relatively new group of Sisters.  I knew their Foundress when she was still a PCPA. Yes, they are beginning to slowly grow,  but their charism has changed since they first began. 

Here's an idea, look into the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus, they work with children and are an international order. There is  also the Carmelite Sisters of Charity,  The Carmelite Sisters in Oklahoma,  and several other groups who do active work with children, elderly,etc.

St.JosephsRose
On 12/22/2022 at 3:05 PM, Alison said:

Okay, so I've realized that I have very many desires in regards to discerning and am struggling to find a good fit, so I thought I'd share!

- I am very passionate about spiritual motherhood/praying for priests and seminarians

- I also love working with children 

- Devotion and Consecration to Mary is vitally important to me

- Seeking to console Jesus and love Him for all those who don't 

- I also have more of an attraction to the Carmelite Saints/spirituality

- I need the Traditional Mass (and if it can't be all the time, at least a reverent Novus Ordo Mass), prefferably praying the Liturgy of the Hours in Latin (at least partially),  a love for Sacred Music, and full habit.

I already have on my list the Daughters of the Virgin Mother, Carmelite Daughters of St. Elias, and the Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa. I don't know if I could do the Children of Mary because I have issues with fasting. 

Merry Christmas!

I *highly* suggest the Filiae Laboris Mariae Sisters!! They’re a community based in Minneapolis affiliated with the FSSP Church All Saints. They also have started a second foundation in La Crosse next to the Shrine of OLG. I know the order personally and they are just wonderful. After some enter after the Feast of Epiphany they will have a total of 19 members. They have a strong devotion to Mary (their name translating to Daughters of Mary’s Work). They are Semi Contemplative and their main apostolates are helping with local co-ops (with mainly working with children pre-school to early highschool), and sometimes will visit with nursing homes in the area. Another part of their apostolate is helping the priests of the parish such as cooking for them, providing any extra help with the church, and above all praying for them ;) They also assist in singing in the church choir. They also admit that they have a strong devotion and resemblance to Carmelite spirituality. While they mainly base they’re rule off of St. Augustine, they take as much from the Carmelite as they can and have said that they hope to continue to grow in that!

As of now they don’t have a website, but they do have a number that you can contact Mother Maria Regina with.

612-353-6343

On 12/27/2022 at 4:23 PM, St.JosephsRose said:

I *highly* suggest the Filiae Laboris Mariae Sisters!! They’re a community based in Minneapolis affiliated with the FSSP Church All Saints. They also have started a second foundation in La Crosse next to the Shrine of OLG. I know the order personally and they are just wonderful. After some enter after the Feast of Epiphany they will have a total of 19 members. They have a strong devotion to Mary (their name translating to Daughters of Mary’s Work). They are Semi Contemplative and their main apostolates are helping with local co-ops (with mainly working with children pre-school to early highschool), and sometimes will visit with nursing homes in the area. Another part of their apostolate is helping the priests of the parish such as cooking for them, providing any extra help with the church, and above all praying for them ;) They also assist in singing in the church choir. They also admit that they have a strong devotion and resemblance to Carmelite spirituality. While they mainly base they’re rule off of St. Augustine, they take as much from the Carmelite as they can and have said that they hope to continue to grow in that!

As of now they don’t have a website, but they do have a number that you can contact Mother Maria Regina with.

612-353-6343

This has me SCREAMING (in a good way lol) thank you so much for the info!!

• 4 months later...
inunionwithrome

I will keep you in my prayers even if you have been able to enter already