An Old School Catholic Message Board

VOCATION STATION CLOSING IN JUNE

dUSt

Hi ya'll. I'm closing down the phorum, but want to get your thoughts on a place where you might still continue this community.

I'm considering directing everyone to either a Phatmass Facebook Group, a Phatmass Reddit, or a Phatmass Discord Server. Any thoughts?

Sr Mary Catharine OP

WoW! The end of an era! Time passes. God alone suffices! 

thank you for all your hard work these many years!

I echo Sr. Mary Catharine. Will seem so strange not to see this site anymore. Thank you for keeping up with it. I know it's a lot!

I echo the rest and have enjoyed it.  It is a lot of work and $$ for you and I appreciate it. Thank you! 

sr.christinaosf

If the reason for shutting down is financial, have you ever researched options?  If you're a 501(3)c, free webhosting is available.  There's also a program (or at least there was) for free webhosting for Catholic churches - perhaps other Catholic entities would be eligible.  

As for a new platform to utilize, that's a tricky one and I would have mixed feelings.  Please keep us posted!

1 hour ago, sr.christinaosf said:

If the reason for shutting down is financial, have you ever researched options?  If you're a 501(3)c, free webhosting is available.  There's also a program (or at least there was) for free webhosting for Catholic churches - perhaps other Catholic entities would be eligible.  

It’s not financial. It’s time and energy. I don’t doubt that this forum could continue to be relevant with a small team of dedicated volunteers and a leader who could commit a couple hours a day. That’s just not me. 😂 I’ve been like a deadbeat dad for many years around here and it deserves better.

Also echoing Sr. M. Catherine. 
When it comes to another platform - I've always seen it as a great benefit, that one could find all the threads "from outside" eg when stumbling over it through a google research or so. So in my opinion Reddit would be the thing allowing for this. 

catholicamama

Oh my goodness! And end to an era indeed. I'm very much of the generation who uses Facebook groups quite a bit. I don't even have the Reddit app but whatever his best for the majority.

BarbTherese
On 5/1/2023 at 1:08 AM, GraceUk said:

whatever everyone thinks is best

:like2:  

Edited by BarbTherese