Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Spiritual Direction Method: Contemplative Evocative


Recommended Posts

tinytherese
Posted

I'm about to start spiritual direction and the director says the method she uses is something new called contemplative evocative. I'm open to trying. This is how she describes the style.

"It’s a non-hierarchical approach. So, in layman's terms, you don’t look to me for answers in our direction sessions, you look to God. However, I'm present and actively receiving what you share, but you'll find me re-directing you back to God, and always inviting you to look more deeply interiorly, and not to what I necessarily think."

Has anyone else heard of or participated in it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...