Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do sunflowers symbolize anything in Catholicism?


Recommended Posts

Lady Grey, Hot
Posted

I recently went on a Come and See, and the sister who made the sign for my guest room door told me that Jesus put it on her heart to draw a sunflower on it. She wondered if they had some particular significance for me. As it happens, they don't - I've always considered them pretty mediocre as flowers go, and the only connection I have is that the foundress of the religious order that ran my high school compared keeping your eyes on God to sunflowers turning towards the sun no matter which direction it goes.

Sister suggested that I pray on it, which I look forward to doing, but I'm just curious - is anyone aware of sunflowers having some symbolic significance in Christian tradition? Or if they are perhaps associated with a particular saint? My Googling wasn't very conclusive.

cruciatacara
Posted

Sounds very strange to me - almost like trying to be psychic or something. Gives me the creeps.

Posted

Never heard of it, and I've never seen sunflowers in church art (stained glass windows or that sort of thing).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...