An Old School Catholic Message Board

Original Account of The Events at Lipa Carmel, 1948 by Mother Mary Cecilia of Jesus, O.C.D.

graciandelamadrededios

graciandelamadrededios

Original Account
of
The Events at Lipa Carmel, 1948 by
Mother Mary Cecilia of Jesus, O.C.D.

+ J.M. J.T.

After much difficulty, on July 4, 1948, the day when she completed her 21 years of age, at 5:00 in the morning, Teresita Castillo was able at last to escape from her paternal home to enter Carmel of Lipa. For fear that her parents would follow her, the doors of Carmel were opened immediately as soon as she arrived, and she was able to hear the Holy Mass already dressed as a Carmelite postulant.

Her two brothers came after her and one of them threatened to kill her with his pistol if she did not return home, but the young postulant was decided to follow her holy vocation and was able to answer with a determined will that she was ready to die because of her, it was a great joy to die in Carmel. Cheerful and contented, she followed the Community Acts but after Compline, the Mother Prioress dispensed her from assisting at Matins; after such a heavy trial, the poor Sister needed a good rest. Scarcely had she rested when she was awakened by the tooting of the horn of the jeep of her elder brother who demanded with a forceful voice that his sister be allowed to go out. The Mother Prioress calmed the new postulant who pleaded not to abandon her at the mercy of her brother. The latter, on seeing that his shouts were not heard, began to bang the doors so that the Prioress was forced to send word to the authorities to seek protection. Thanks be to God and to the Blessed Mother, before the authorities arrived, the unwanted visitors had left.

The first three weeks of postulancy were passed with great fervor and enthusiasm of a newly-accepted postulant, but aside from this, there was observed in her a firm determination to put efforts to be perfect Carmelite. All in Carmel was sweet and attractive to her, and like everything else, she did all with love, and all appeared easy for her. Her sister and brothers did not cease to importune her to return to their paternal home for her parents would die of grief. But God have her courage, and her convincing words proved her determined conviction that it was her will to follow what God had asked of her.

On July 31 at about 8:15 p.m. while Sister Teresita was praying in her cell, she heard three hard knocks at her door. As it was “Great Silence”, she answered in a low cough as is customary in Carmel. She did not see anyone but heard a man’s voice, rather hoarse, who told her: “You will never persevere here because you will always be tempted. It is time that you should follow me for you have done so much already to follow your God.Remember I am Satan. So that you will believe all this is true, I will leave something in your cell.” A bad odor was perceived, very disagreeable, before she heard the voice. Sister Teresita, who trembled with fear, had courage to light her lamp and see if there was something new in her cell. She found near her bed a black footprint.

With great fear, she ran hurriedly to the cell of the Mother Prioress, who at the time was writing. She embraced her and cried. Her Reverence tried to console her and encouraged her to be generous and not to look back after she has put her hand to the plough, as she thought the postulant was only homesick and sad due to her separation from her dear ones, and that it was only a temptation of the enemy. “Why, Mother, can the devil speak?” she asked. “The Ass of Balaam spoke,” answered the Prioress. She then explained briefly to the Prioress all that happened. The Prioress was incredulous until she said that he left something black in her cell. “Come, Mother, and see it yourself!” Both went to the cell and the Prioress saw the footprint. She was Stupefied, and with one finger she touched it. It was horrible soot.

At three o’clock in the morning of the first of August, Sister Teresita awoke the Prioress telling her Reverence: “Mother, did you hear?” “What?” asked the Prioress. “The same voice of last night telling me he will not molest me anymore, but he will do all possible not to make me as a saint.” “No,” answered the Prioress. “Is someone downstairs? I can hear as though someone is running,” said the postulant.

After Mass, the Mother Prioress gave an account of what happened to the Auxiliary Bishop, [in his capacity] as Chaplain of Carmel. His Excellency entered the enclosure to see the footprint, and after having seen it, the Mother Prioress removed it with a piece of cloth. The footprint disappeared, but the cloth was stained with soot.

After the Little Hours, the postulant was called to the parlor and was examined by the Auxiliary Bishop. She was a bit agitated, but not nervous. His Excellency told her not to fear, to use holy water, and to pray much. Afterwards, His Excellency (Auxiliary BISHOP) went to Batangas to give an account of it all to His Excellency, Monsignor Verzosa, who counseled that the postulant be given enough care and food, and to sleep well to avoid her being a melancholic. This was fulfilled, and Sister Teresita did not think anymore of the incident.

On August 6, First Friday, on taking the card of the Sacred Heart, Sister Teresita got that of a Victim. On returning to her cell at about 8:00 p.m., she took the card and was about to read it when it escaped her hands as though blown by strong wind. Afterwards, she heard a voice accompanied by a very disagreeable odor who said: “Sister Teresita, a victim of Carmel you will be.” She did not see anyone but a great fear encompassed her, so she ran to her Mother Prioress to tell all that happened. The card of the sacred Heart was found the next morning thrown in one corner of the cell.

The next day, Saturday, August 7, the Mother Prioress was obliged to go to the Carmel of Manila. At about 3:00 p.m. while Sister Teresita was sewing in her cell, she heard once more the voice of a man who told her: “I came to distract you because you always think of the Virgin Mary. Why do you obey your Mother Prioress? That displeases me very much.’ “Why do you meddle with my affairs?” answered the postulant. “I came todaybecause your Mother is not here. I shall return for two more Saturdays.’ This assault lasted for about five minutes, more or less.

At about 5:30 of the same afternoon, while Sister Teresita was going upstairs to go to her cell, she smelled the strong perfume of azucenas [while lilies]. The fragrance increased in intensity as she approached her cell. On arriving in her cell, she heard a feminine voice, so sweet, who told her: “My child, sufferings and pains will accompany you until the end of your life,” but she saw no one.

On August 11 at about 3:00 a.m. more or less, Sister Teresita was awakened because her bed shook

violently. Then she heard the hoarse voice. “I have come today to visit you at this hour because it is the best, as

your Mother is sleeping. Your poor parents and brothers are waiting outside. When will you pity them? Why do

you love your Mother Prioress?” “Because in loving her, it is Jesus Christ I love,” answered the postulant. “I visited you three times but I always failed. Why do you obey the Bishop?” And many other things similar were asked. Then Sister Teresita saw the face of her interlocutor on fire and very furious. She heard him taking something from her desk, the discipline, wherewith he beat her hands. As usual, she ran precipitately towards her Mother who saw the signs of the discipline on both hands of Sister Teresita.

The next day at about 10:00 a.m., being Saturday, the Community was occupied in the cleaning of the house. On crossing the garden to take water, Sister Teresita saw a rose and said to herself: “Oh, if only I could take that rose and offer it to my Mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary.” On arriving in her cell, as she was about to sweep it, she was surprised to see a fresh rose on her prayer book on her bed. And just then she heard the voice of the enemy. “Where did you get that rose? Who gave it you? Your Mother Prioress is in the parlor that is why I came now. Why do you love her? I have so many rivals; we will see who will conquer. Why do you love so much your Mother?” “But why do you meddle with my affairs?” Sister Teresita answered while throwing holy water. He ceased for a moment and then [answered] back again: “I will punish you.” The postulant felt that he was beating her hands with a cord that left black marks on her hands.

On August 15 at about 3:30 a.m., Sister Teresita saw an ugly face on the wall of her cell. Without looking for a second time, she ran precipitately to her Mother Prioress.

The next day at around 4:30 in the afternoon while sewing in her cell, she heard again the voice of the

enemy. “Why did you run to your Mother last night? I wanted to speak to you. I came for three consecutive days and I always failed. That is why I feel I have lost, but only partially. Why do you love your Mother Prioress?” Sister Teresita answered: “Why do you meddle with my affairs?” The enemy got furious and the postulant felt a pinch on her right hand. The nails were imprinted, thus causing it to bleed a little, and it had soot and bad odor.

That same day, the 16th of August at about 8:30 in the evening, Sister Teresita was walking towards her cell when suddenly she felt someone was pulling her back with her two hands and was pushing her towards the small door of the enclosure. Surprised, she was that the door was opened very widely, and they were pushing her furiously outside. With great force, she was able to mount the stairs and went up running to the cell of her Mother. Even on the stairs, they impeded her going up. But at last, she was able to reach the cell and with a sudden push, she reached her Mother who was then writing. There were black marks like soot on both hands of the postulant.

On August 18, Wednesday, at 5:30 p.m., while Sister Teresita was going to her before going to the garden, she smelled the perfume of the azucena. Upon arriving [in] her cell, she saw a beautiful lady with a long hair, some white already. she was dressed in white. She was surprised to see her as she could not understand how she was able to enter her cell, hence, she ran precipitately and was about to leave her when the lady stopped her by holding her by the hand: “Do not fear, my child,” and with a gesture, she bade her sit on the chair. The lady sat on the bed and she continued: “He who loves above all things has sent me. I come with a message. You had a long and difficult battle with your enemies, but they will not molest you from hence unless it be for a last and strong assault. Do not fear and be brave. Your enemy is jealous because you love your Mother Prioress very much. Love her more now. Wash her feet, kiss them, and then drink the water you used for washing afterwards. Tell this message to your Mother, not to anyone else. So that you will believe me, I shall give you two pictures. Give them to your Mother for her to keep; the Community might need them someday. I took them for your prayer book; they are the ones you like best.” This conversation lasted for about twenty-five minutes more or less; that is, the Lady disappeared five minutes before six.

Sister Teresita said that when it is the enemy who speaks, he does it precipitately as though fearful to be caught, while the Lady speaks sweetly and calmly.

At six, the Angelus bell is rung and after, the Community goes to the Refectory. Immediately after the Supper, Sister Teresita approached her Mother and asked to speak with her in the cell.

Both went up and the postulant told all that had happened. The Mother was doubtful of it all, saying that as she was not sure who the Lady was, she did not permit her to wash her feet, and if the Lady returns, to ask who she is. Both Mother and child went to recreation and to Compline and both forgot about the incident. When Sister Teresita went up to her cell to pray, she found the Lady waiting for her there. Without allowing Sister Teresita to say a word, she said: “I placed my identity on the table of your Mother. Go to her and tell her that she will find there who I am.”

The postulant obeyed, and she went to the cell of her Mother. She found her Reverence writing, and told her what the lady said. What id she find on her table? The Mother went up after Compline to work, and found on the table the prayer book wherein according to Sister Teresita, the two pictures had disappeared. The Prioress believed that the postulant had placed it there to show where the two pictures had come from, hence, she did not mind it; but Sister Teresita assured her Reverence that she was not the one who placed it there. They understood that the prayer book was the means given by the Lady to make known her identity. Her Reverence opened it and read the title: “Treasury of the Virgin Mary”. The Mother did not give importance to it and told the postulant that the book did not reveal who the Lady was, hence, she cannot permit her to wash her feet, nor to kiss it, nor to drink of the water afterwards.

One day, the Lady told Sister Teresita: “I have some questions to ask you. why are your parents very opposed to your vocation?” “They were opposed from the beginning,” replied the postulant. “And you, what do you think of it? You are sad about it?” “No”, answered Sister Teresita, “because that is the will of God for me.” “From now on, whatever new thing you find in your cell, give it to your Mother to keep. I was sent by the One who created you. I go now. Tell all this to your Mother Prioress. Do not fear, tell her though you fear it might hurt her.”

Immediately after the Little Hours of August 19, she gave report to her Mother of all that occurred to her. The Mother Prioress related to the Auxiliary Bishop, asking His Excellency at the same [time] if it was permissible to approve what the Lady asks: to wash the feet, etc. his Excellency counseled it is better to exercise great prudence, and better if she could ask for a sign from the Lady to know who she was. On leaving the Parlor, the Mother Prioress stepped on three azucenas and on a piece of paper which, according to her, was placed at the door by a postulant whom she saw and who immediately disappeared. She took the flowers and the little paper and she read

the following: “Conform yourself with what your child asks.” Thinking it was Sister Teresita who brought it on the part of the lady, the Mother showed it to the Bishop. At the beginning of recreation, the Prioress called Sister Teresita and asked what is the meaning of the three azucenas and the small paper that she placed at the door of the parlor. Sister Teresita was surprised and said she knew nothing about it. Hence, the Mother Prioress did not question, further awaiting what will happen next.

At about one in the afternoon, Sister Teresita went hurriedly to her Mother who was busy directing the workmen who were constructing the well. She approached her and begged that her Reverence follow her to her cell as she had something to tell her. The Mother noticed that Sister Teresita did not lift her veil that covered her face, though she spoke to her at her cell. Mother, the lady returned to visit me and without even telling her what your Reverence told me, to ask for a sign, she told me that your Reverence will see the sign in my eyes.” The veil was lifted, and the Mother saw that the eyes of Sister Teresita were encircled with fresh blood. The postulant was a bit agitated, and when she was asked why she was fearful, she said that she did not know what was in her eyes. “What do you feel or what did you feel in it?” “When the Lady told me that your Reverence will see the sign in my eyes, I felt as though my tears bedewed my eyes, and now it seems as though it is all wet. The Lady told me that when I go to call for your Reverence, I must not show my face to anyone nor lift my veil, except to your Reverence.” “Do your eyes not hurt you?” asked her Mother. “No,” answered Sister Teresita, and [she said] that the Lady repeated what she formerly asked: to wash the feet of the Prioress, to kiss them, and to drink the water – and if possible, to do it at three o’clock of that same afternoon, Thursday, August 19. The washing of the feet is for the salvation of their two souls, that of the Mother Prioress and of Sister Teresita, added the Lady.

At three in the afternoon of that day, the Mother Prioress and Sister Teresita obeyed the Lady’s message.

At 8:30 in the evening as the postulant was praying in her cell, a nun entered, and thinking it was her Mother Prioress, Sister Teresita knelt. But the voice was that of the Lady! “Your Mother had an upright decision (that of obeying me.) Now that you have given me proof of your humility and your Mother of her simplicity, I can proceed. You two will always be under my mantle.” Afterwards, she gave fresh instructions to Sister Teresita with regards to her great temptation or combat that awaited her. It might last the whole day. Tell your Mother to be patient with you that day. I will tell you later why you had to undergo that terrible temptation.”

Sister Teresita slept after Matins. At about 2:30, the Lady who was dressed in sky blue awoke her. Again she gave counsels to Sister Teresita. “Obey always your Mother not only when she commands you to do something, but even her least desires. Why do you prefer to pray in your cell?” “Because here I can practice more faith. In the choir, I know that God is there on the altar, but here, I need faith to believe that He is here,” answered Sister Teresita. “How is it, my dear Mother, how is it possible that you who are so holy and blessed come to me who is nothing but dust and ashes and a sinner?” asked Sister Teresita. “That is what I was waiting to hear from your lips, my dear child,” answered the Lady.

On August 20 after Mass and before the Little Hours, Sister Teresita was arranging her cell. Suddenly, she saw fall from the wall rose petal that fell on the floor in the form of a cross. In obedience to the Lady, Sister Teresita called her Mother to see the cross. The Mother gathered the petals and she kept them.

The Mother Prioress was asked by Sister Teresita why when the Lady appears, everything disappears in her cell! The Lady is surrounded by a bright light and Sister Teresita sees nothing else around.

On Sunday, August 22, feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, at about 12:30 in the evening began the terrible combat announced by the Lady. Sister Teresita saw herself despoiled of her robe. At about 1:30 more or less, Sister Teresita ran to the cell of her Mother, and for the first time, the enemy followed her. “Mother, pray to the Blessed Virgin to guard my chastity!” The battle was a cruel and hard one, and the Mother Prioress did all that she could help Sister Teresita. The poor postulant felt they were pulling her hands and her feet; she pressed on her Mother and fought against the enemy. Afterwards, a legion came to assault her, spoke badly of her Mother, and laughed at the Bishop, etc., etc. at the end, Sister Teresita said: “I have no eyes to see all your indecencies!” At the sound of the clapper at 4:45 a.m., the enemies fled. Sister Teresita was looking for her Mother! Her eyes were opened but she could not see; she was blind!

The Community was not aware of what was happening to Sister Teresita. The Lady left a word not to tell it to anyone except to her Mother. They two alone were to keep the secret. When Sister Teresita got blind, the Mother

took care of her as a voice said: “Have patience with your child. Three days she will be blind for the good of both.” At 9:50 a.m. of the same day, Sunday, August 22, the Mother received this message” “Love her much! Two more additional days of blindness for the salvation of her parents and for the beautiful destiny that is awaiting her in the next life. Do not leave your child from three to five p.m. It needs five days of sufferings and blindness for your good and hers. You will owe her much. Remain with her from eight until nine p.m. Give her good food. Love her much until the end! Patience!”

At 3:00 p.m., the poor, blind postulant felt as though her whole body was filled with large pinpricks that gave her pain throughout. The pain was intermittent, and when the pins pricked her, she racked with pain. At times, she felt as though her back was pinched sharply until the bones. At five, the pains ceased.

At eight in the evening, Sister Teresita had again the pains of the pinpricks of the pins. At lasted until nine

o’clock.

The next morning, Sister Teresita heard Mass and afterwards, her Mother brought her to cell. The Mother went down to take her breakfast. On going up, the Mother received instructions for every day until Friday, August 27. at 2:55 in the afternoon of the same day, the voice said to the Mother that Sister Teresita would recover her sight on September 7.

Sister Teresita suffered morally during the first days of her blindness. She asked her Mother if God did not reveal that she would regain her sight, and if her blindness would not be a motive for the Community to send her out. At times, tears fell from her eyes, and when her Mother asked her the reason for crying, she replied, “Oh, if only I could see my Mother before I die!”

On August 24, Sister Teresita told her Mother that she was grateful for having visited her twice during the night covering her with the blanket, a thing that the Mother Prioress had not done. As it was natural and necessary, Sister Teresita was segregated fro the Community and whenever it was possible, her Mother sttod by her side. As the Community was not aware of what was happening, God allowed that the Mother and children suffer terribly during this time.

One day, Sister Teresita said: “Oh Mother, how I wish today was Saturday!” “Why?” asked the Mother. “Because your Reverence promised me that on that day you will bring me to the garden and will permit me to cut two flowers, one white for your Reverence, and the other red for me.” The Mother was surprised as she has never told her that, but the Mother did not let it be understood by Sister Teresita.

Everyday during her blindness, Sister Teresita was to suffer the pinpricks from three to five in the afternoon, and from eight to nine in the evening. Once, the Mother counted 95 attacks of pinpricks during the three hours.

On Friday, August 27, the pains grew worse and lasted for a longer time. She suffered from 8:30 to 10:00 in the evening, from 11:30 to 2:00, from 3:00 to 5:00, from 8:00 to 9:00 in the evening until midnight! The Mother knew beforehand all these hours of pain as it was announced.

At last came the long sighed for day of Saturday, August 28. As was promised, while the Mother Prioress was in the choir for the Little Hours, “someone” brought Sister Teresita to the garden and made her cut two flowers, one white and the other red. Sister Teresita was in full belief that it was the Mother Prioress went up to the cell after the Little Hours, she found two flowers on the table and many petals of roses scattered over the bed where Sister Teresita was, and also on the floor.

On August 30th after supper when the Mother led Sister Teresita to her stool to attend recreation, as she was

about to sit, she immediately jumped and told her Mother: “Someone is on the chair!” The Mother did not see

anyone. Afterwards, Sister Teresita directed herself towards the invisible person (it was invisible to both as Sister Teresita was still blind). It was the voice of the Lady, and a conversation ensued between the two. The Mother could hera Sister Teresita but not the other one. The recreation lasted for an hour but before leaving, the Lady allowed Sister Teresita to kiss her feet.

The next day, Sister Teresita passed her recreation hearing the canticle of the angels. Once telling her Mother, she recalled the following verses:

Now we shall not remain for long
That is why we shall sing a beautiful song To our very dear little friend
Who with us will be in heaven.

She loves tenderly Our Lord
So with His Mother, the Virgin Mary. Not all that she asks will be granted Because they will be delicately selected.

On September first at noon, the Lady came again. Sister Teresita heard her voice but she doubted if she came from heaven or form the enemy, as she asked several times who she was and received no response. To test it, Sister Teresita pronounced the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. And the Lady answered: I love that name very much.” Hence, the postulant once more asked who was the Lady. “If you do not like to give me your name, at least tell me the first letter to it,” insisted Sister Teresita. I will give you three letters, not only one.” And immediately after the Angelus at noon, the Lady said: “I am B.V.M. (Blessed Virgin Mary)

On the First Friday of September, Sister Teresita suffered much. The pinpricks were often, but the Mother Prioress was consoled greatly as she heard the voice repeating that Sister Teresita would recover her sight on the seventh when her Mother Prioress kisses her eyes.

The next day, Saturday, September 4, at five in the afternoon, a little more or less after Sister Teresita kissed the feet of the Crucifix, she heard a sweet voice that told her: “You will always be my daughter so suffer much for me.” On Sunday at three of that day, the Mother learned that the postulant would have additional pains for the salvation of a sinner, and so it was fulfilled.

The next morning after the Little Hours, the Mother and Sister Teresita went to the Parlor to greet His Excellency, the Auxiliary Bishop, and in his presence, the Mother kissed the eyes of the postulant and immediately after the act, she recovered her sight.

On September 9 at five in the afternoon, Sister Teresita fell in a trance and saw herself walking in a path filled with thorns and thistles. After a short distance, they disappeared (the thorns) and she went up a stairway covered with roses. Angels were on both sides and on arriving on top, she found a multitude of angels and saints who smiled at her.

On September 11, Sister Teresita saw a beautiful bluebird in the garden. She noted that it flew towards the jazmin (jasmine), took a flower, and carried it on its beak. She went up to her cell and was greatly surprised when she saw the bird enter through the window and leave the little flower at the feet of the image of our blessed virgin.

In the afternoon of that same day, Sister Teresita had a trance and she saw a very beautiful garden. The Lady was taking a walk by her side. In the garden there were many beautiful flowers and many birds of different colors and among them, she saw some like the bluebird. In the middle of the garden there was a fount, and in the center was the statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The water, red, flowed from the pierced side of the Heart. The Lady and Sister Teresita sat at the border of the fount.

The Lady gave counsel to Sister Teresita: to be good, obedient, humble and simple. “Why, Mother dear, yesterday when I saw you in the sala you did not tell me anything?” queried Sister Teresita. “Because I had no permission,” answered the Lady. “How is that? You who are the Mother of God, do you still need permission?” answered Sister Teresita. “Yes, my child, it is true I am His Mother, but my Son is God, King, and Lord of all creatures, that is why I have to obey Him,” answered the Lady. Then she added: “When your Mother I perplexed and does not know what to do, tell her to pray one Ave Maria and I will help her.”

The Apparitions

On September 12, Sunday, feast of the Holy Name of Mary at about five I the afternoon, Sister Teresita went to the garden to take a walk as was counseled by her Mother. She went towards the jazmin to see where the bird had taken the flower. On arriving nearby, she noted that a vine was moving, and as there was no wind, she was surprised very much and she approached it. She heard the voice of the lady who told her: “Do not fear, my child! Kiss the ground. All that I tell you, you must obey. For fifteen consecutive days, come visitme in this spot. Eat a little grass, my child.” Sister Teresita told her Mother all that had happened and she asked permission to obey the Lady.

Having obtained permission, the following day at the same hour, Sister Teresita returned to the same place

of the garden. She knelt and began to say the Ave Maria. On reaching the words “full of grace”, the vine moved,

and suddenly appeared before her eyes a very beautiful Lady with hands clasped on her breast with a golden rosary hanging from her right hand. She was a bit inclined. Her dress was very white, very simple, and around her cincture a narrow belt was tied. Her bare feet were resting on clouds about two feet from the ground. She was radiant with beauty, and was smiling. “Be faithful to come here in this place even if it is raining,” she told Sister Teresita. The postulant asked: “Beautiful Lady, who are you?” “I am your Mother, my little one,” and having said it, she disappeared.

On Tuesday, September 14 at 5:15 in the afternoon, Sister Teresita returned to the place. The Lady was already there waiting for her. Her arms extended as though desiring to embrace her little one with a maternal embrace. “I would like this place to be blessed tomorrow,” she said. “At the hour that your Mother Prioress likes, my child,” said the Lady, “I prohibit you to forget the incidents of these fifteen days,” and blessing the postulant, the Lady disappeared.

The next day, the Mother received instructions about the blessing of that part of the garden. The Chaplain of Carmel, His Excellency, Monsignor Alfredo Ma. Obviar, was to enter to bless it and that the Community should be present. The Lady said she had a message for the Community. In the instructions to the Mother Prioress, it is said that the Bishop and the Community had to cast down their eyes, and that after the blessing, the Bishop should preach to the Sisters about the message of the Lady. During the preaching, the Mother should not separate herself from Sister Teresita, because according to the instructions, she would faint and would not be able to breath so that the Community may see how much she is suffering. All these instructions and other things that the Mother gathered and received were unknown to the postulant; she was not aware about it, and many times when her Mother seemed to anticipate what was going to happen, she gets very surprised.

The blessing of the nook was done at 3:2o in the afternoon of September 15. the Auxiliary Bishop went with rochette and stole, and the Community followed to the place. On arriving at the place, Sister Teresita saw the Lady with extended arms as though desiring to embrace all with her maternal embrace. As soon as Sister Teresita knelt before her, she said: “My child, kiss the ground and eat a little grass. Take paper and pencil and write down what I will tell you for the Community.”

The following is her message:

“My daughters:

I ask you believe in Me and to guard this as a deep secret among yourselves until I tell you to do otherwise.

Love one another as true Sisters.

Come frequently to visit me in this place. Love much your Mother Prioress. Your little Sister is suffering

much, but no one knows except your Mother. Do not envy your little Sister because she suffers much. All these are only for my daughters in Carmel, not for people outside, that is why I prevent you to tell this to anyone. Make this a sacred place and gather the petals, my children. Respect the place. I would like this Carmel to be called Carmel of Our Lady. I bless the whole Community.”

And looking towards her little one, she added, “Eat a little grass and ground, my child.” After this, the Lady disappeared.

At five of that afternoon, Sister Teresita returned to the place of the apparition,and the Lady was already there waiting.

“My child, I have many things to tell you.” “Do you permit me to write them, my Mother?” asked Sister Teresita. With permission, Sister Teresita wrote her words.

“I will ask something from Carmel. I would like a statue of mine to be place here, to clean this part of your garden so that it will be a real place of prayer. You do not need to tell me all that your Sisters are asking because I know them already. Tell them they have to believe, or else they will lose grace. I shall bless the Community always, my child.”

On the 16th, the Lady said:

“My little one, you suffered much last night because two of my daughters are not pleased to have me here.

They were doubting and do not like to believe. I would like my statue to be placed in this place. I would like you to describe me to your Chaplain because I want the statue to be as you see me, and as big as the statue of Our Lady of Lourdes that is in the cloister. Tell your Mother Prioress to say the rosary here with the Community everyday in the afternoon during these days. On the 7th of October, I would like a Mass to be said here in my honor, and if possible, that the statue be here on that day. Give to all my daughters my motherly love. Tell them that I love all my daughters in the Carmel of Lipa, that I will always be

with you all.”

The next day, the 17th, the following message was given by the Lady:

I ask you to kneel before your Mother and ask her pardon for the many bad thoughts you had of her for the care she has bestowed on my little one.

My child, tell your Mother to permit you to recount some incidents that happened to you to your dear Sisters because they would like to know something more. I can read it from their hearts.

One of my daughters is still doubting. She must believe if she desires to obtain peace of soul and for the love of

my Son, Jesus Christ.”

On the eighteenth, the Lady did not appear. Sister Teresita only heard her voice that said:

I am very sad. My Son Jesus Christ gave to each one of you a free will. I can not force you to believe. I only told you to believe because I love you and I would not like you to lose graces. Take care of the temptations of the devil. Time will come when you will be able to reveal all these to your confessors and to your parents.

On the 19th, the Lady appeared. Her words were:

I was very much consoled by your tears and your compassionate hearts, my dear daughters. I hope you will always share my sorrows and my joys. Take care of the devils, my dear daughters. Tell me if what I asks is difficult to give.

My children who believe in me, do not refuse graces that are offered to you.

My daughter, do not tempt my children who believe in me. If what I ask you is difficult, then this is what I ask of you: do not tempt, child. My little one, your sister is well and has no physical defect, that is why, child, think it over and reflect. Time will come when you will see all clearly. I know that you are still in darkness. I do not oblige you to believe, my child.”

On the 20th, the Lady appeared but she did not give any message to her little one. On the 21st, the following were her words:

Pray, pray, pray for a soul, my dear daughters! I ask you to honor me on Saturdays especially in the following devotions.*

Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Our Lady of the Snow

Our Lady of the Holy Rosary

Our Lady of Perpetual Help

Immaculate Heart of Mary

Our Lady of the Abandoned and Refuge of Sinners

Our Lady of Lourdes

Our Lady of Peace and good Voyage

Our Lady of Good Counsel

Holy Name of Mary

Our Lady of Loretto

Our Lady of Remedy

The Seven Dolors

I give you my blessing and motherly love to my dear daughters.

To my daughter who does not believe in me, I do not oblige to believe, child. However, it is enough for you and for me, and it will not be disagreeable for me if you do not believe. But do not laugh at nor despise my sacred place and my words which really come from my heart, child. I know the place does not please you, nor do you wish to hear my message, but you are obliged by obedience, child. That is why your incredulity is enough, child. Do not despise my sacred place nor my words. This may be my last message for you. my message for you. My message for the Community everyday is for you all, child. But I do not oblige you to hear nor to obey it is you do not like because you have your free will.

My daughters, I leave you my motherly love and my blessing.”

On the 22nd, the message that Sister Teresita received was directed to the Mother Prioress:

My daughter,
You will find on your table a note that you will read to the Community. I do not like my little one to hear it, if

possible. Receive my motherly blessings.”

The Mother found the following note on her table:

“Your little Sister will be blind again on October 7. have patience with her; do not envy her because aside from her

blindness, she will have yet to suffer terribly which your Mother only knows. Pray for her to have patience. Her

sufferings and sight are necessary for the salvation of souls.”

On the 23rd, this was the message of the Lady:

“Beloved daughters of mine:

I blessed your rosaries and I hope you will always be faithful to use it. I heard your conversation during recreation and really I ask you all to be humble and simple. I love much these two virtues, and that is why you, too, should love it. I love sincerely all of you, and so I shall always speak to you as a mother.

My child, tell your Mother to decide it herself as she is the Prioress.

I shall be with her.”

On the 24th the Lady said: “My child, you do not need to tell me all that my dear daughters are asking because I know them already.” Afterwards, she gave some particular message to the Sisters. At the end she said: Receive my motherly love and my blessing for all, dear daughters of mine. Be all very good.”

On the 25th, the Lady told the following: “I wish you all to consecrate yourselves to me on October 7 and be my slaves.”

On the 26th, Sunday the last o the fifteen days that she asked, the Lady appeared at the usual hour and repeated to her little one her motherly counsels.

My child, you have to obey and love always your Mother Prioress. Tell your Sisters to love one another as true sisters, to be humble and simple because humility and simplicity are the two virtues I love most. Tell them to love and obey their Superiors and not to forget the things that I ask. I would like a Mass to be said here every 12th of the month if that is possible. I do not ask high things from you as you all believe because you are my little ones. Do not forget to consecrate your selves to me on October 7. be very good. I am MARY, MEDIATRIX OF ALL GRACE. I will bless the Community morning and evening.”

On the 30th of September, petals were showered in the cells of the nuns. On the first of October, First Friday, sister Teresita suffered much the whole day; pinpricks of pins were felt throughout her body, and suffocation.

On October 3rd after Holy Mass, as Sister Teresita was going to her cell, she perceived a strong perfume of roses at the feet of the stairs, and suddenly, without seeing the hand that was scattering them, she saw petals that fell of the steps of the stairs before her. The invisible hand scattered it until the cell. Sister Teresita got frightened as she was no one, hence she saw the petals. She called the Sisters leaving Sister Teresita in the cell.

When the Community arrived, they saw Sister Teresita kneeling in her conversing with someone invisible to the rest. After a short time, Sister Teresita made the sign of the cross and kissed the floor. The Mother asked her with whom she was speaking, and the postulant simply told it was Our Lady and Saint Teresita who came to visit her to greet her for her feast. After breakfast which Teresita had to take as she was a postulant, being alone with her Mother, the postulant was surrounded by thirty little angels who greeted her with their trumpets and songs, it being her feast day.

At last came the 7th of October, feast of the Most Holy Rosary. The Mass was said in the hermitage of the Apparitions by the Chaplain of Carmel, Monsignor Alfredo Ma. Obviar. There were no other persons (from outside) besides him. before Mass, His Excellency told Sister Teresita to ask from the Blessed Virgin a sign by which he may believe that she, the Virgin, was present in the hermitage. After Mass, the Community made their Act of Consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary, according to the spirit of Saint Grignon de Monfort. After, Sister Teresita made one step forward and spoke to a person invisible to the rest. After a while, she made the sign of the cross three times, she stood up with the head slightly inclined, and then reclined towards the Mother Prioress who was by her side. “Mother, the Lady after speaking to me, made the sign of the cross each of me eyes and now I can see no more. She told me that my blindness is the sign for our Chalpain to believe that she is here.” On leaving the hermitage, Sister Teresita could not walk by herself ; she was touching the place as she walked, hence, the Mother had to guide her until her cell. At the same time, her left arm was paralyzed.

On the eve of the Maternity of Our Lady, 10th of October, petals were showered in the choir at the feet of the statue of Our Holy Mother Saint Teresa. On the 13th after Mass, the Mother heard a voice that said: “Before the Little Hours, kiss the eyes of your child and she will recover her sight. Now is the 13th, the day of my first apparition, and in honor of this I shall return the sight of your child.” The left arm was restored, too.

On the 15th of October, feast of Saint Teresa of Jesus, second Patroness of the Carmel of Lipa, petals were showered n the hermitage of the Apparitions and on reaching the floor, they fell in the form of a cross.

On the 24th of October, there was a Investiture in Carmel. On the early morning of this day, the fortunate novice found petals scattered in her cell.

The next day, the Mother received a notice by a voice that Sister Teresita, by the ardent love she had for Jesus and Mary, would lose her senses several time during the day. That same night, Sister Teresita saw the Hearts of Jesus and Mary burning with flames of love and in the middle, she saw her little heart that burned, likewise, pressed between the two Hearts.

On the 27th after Mass, Sister Teresita fell unconscious. She felt a terrible heat in her heart, and said to her Mother that it was as though she had a stove on her breast, and felt heart burning. Before coming back to her senses, she saw the Immaculate Heart of Mary pierced with a sword. After the Holy Rosary in the afternoon of the same day, Sister Teresita lost once more her senses, and in the midst of her sufferings due to the burning heat that encompassed her breast, she saw the Immaculate Heart of Mary with only six swords and her own pierced by one.

On the 26th, she passed a whole sleepless night. In the middle of the night, she saw her heart pierced by

seventh there was a small paper that said: That you may suffer more for Jesus, leave your Carmel!” The mere

thought of leaving her beloved Convent was as a sword that traversed her heart. Her Mother understood that this thought was a moral suffering that was most pleasing! But without waiting longer, another message was received which said: “That is possible. If you do not receive another, advise send her out on the 13th of November.” The sorrows of Mother and child could well be understood!

On the afternoon of the 28th at 4:30, Sister Teresita fell unconscious. During the three hours, she suffered 33 attacks of intense physical pain as though her breast was burning and her heart aflame. She also suffered actually with the thought that she had to go back to the world which persecuted her incessantly. Before recovering herself, the Blessed Virgin consoled her, telling her to ask the sisters to pray much because there will be persecution, and to pray much for priests.

In the following days, Sister Teresita suffered unconsciousness. Etc. On the 2nd of November after one of her attacks (unconsciousness), she saw innumerable souls who, with Saint Peter at the head, left the fires of Purgatory and went up to heaven. Saint Peter had keys and a pickle.

On the First Friday, November 5, Sister Teresita was dismayed two or three minutes before 12:00 at noon. Exactly at 12:00, she began to suffer the suffering of Our Lord on the Cross. The Mother and a Sister were the only ones who were present at this first time. They could easily follow the Seven Last words. The postulant was with extended arms and her feet crossed as if crucified. On the First Word, Sister Teresita looked heavenwards and she moved her head from one side to the other: “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.” At internals between the words, sister Teresita rocked from one side to another, but her hands and feet remained fixed in their original position. The Mother and the Sister present tried to move and redouble her extended arms and to move her feet from the other, but it was impossible! They were rigid and heavy that it was not possible to change the position. OntheSecondWord,SisterTeresitaturnedherfacetowardstherightsideandthensmiled. AttheThirdWord,she looked downward on one side and then to the other. The pains of thirst lasted about seven minutes more or less. The tongue went out of the mouth and the lips seemed to be white with thirst. The taste of the gall and vinegar was depicted on her countenance as though it were something sour and bitter. The Fifth Word, “My God, my God, why hast Thou forsake Me?” was depicted with the movements of the head, the expression of the countenance was as though she was on the lookout for someone very dear. The Sixth, she lifted her head and eyes heavenwards with an expression of satisfaction: “All is consummated.” Then began the death rattle. She could not breathe, the throat sounded as those of the agonizing, the head moved from one side to the other. The knees were raised somewhat, which gave the impression that the body hanging on the two nails of the hands was being pulled down by its own weight while the feet remained fixed 9nailed); the knees were recollected a little. At exactly three o’clock, after abrief look heavenwards, Sister Teresita reclined her head towards the right side and she remained quiet! After a short while, she was again conscious. Her limbs and bones pains as though after a quarrel. The Mother asked what she felt during those three hours. Sister Teresita answered that she neither saw nor heard those around her, but she felt really all the pains as thoug crucified on the cross.

At six in the afternoon of the same day, Sister Teresita was once more unconscious. The Mother, while speaking with her, mentioned the love of Jesus for souls and this made her lose consciousness. Afterwards, the Mother heard the voice that told her to call the Community. When the Sisters arrived, they witnessed the Crucifixion briefly as within an hour, the postulant passed all the dolors of Our Lord on the Cross.

On the 7th of November, Sunday, Sister Teresita was visited by her family. Since her entrance in Carmel, they always pleaded with sighs and prayers for her return to their paternal home. This same day, her parents, with tears and on their knees, begged her to have pity on them and not to leave them so alone. As it was not yet possible to reveal the secret, Sister Teresita could not tell anything to her parents of what was happening in Carmel, that is

why she had great difficulty to convince them to allow her at least to finish her postulancy, and that she would think it over and pray much to know what was the will of God. After all, she was still on probation, and the little note with the terrifying message could not be erased from her mind! Sister Teresita and the Mother Prioress remained for a while in the parlor. Sister Teresita lost consciousness and incidentally, an Out-Sister was on the other side of the grille. The Mother called and gave an order to call the Chaplain, who just finished the Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament, so that His Excellency, with the four Out-Sisters, could please be present at the parlor. When the five arrived, Sister Teresita was already in cross-form! The Crucifixion lasted for an hour, more or less.

At last came the 9th of November, the day when the Carmel in the Philippines celebrated its Silver Jubilee. Early in the morning after Mass, the Sisters found rose petals scattered at the feet of Our lady of Fatima. The Mother heard the voice that said that as a gift for the Silver Jubilee of the Carmel, Sister Teresita would no longer leave, and that the Blessed Virgin gave to all her motherly blessing. She repeated that we be all good, humble, obedient and simple, and to love one another.

The next day during the Little Hours, Sister Teresita fainted and had the sufferings which lasted for three hours. At about five in the afternoon, petals were showered outside of the Monastery, at the entrance of the former provisional chapel. Some persons saw it. The Postulant suffered the Crucifixion between 6 and 7 P.M.

On Thursday, November 12, a Mass was celebrated at the Hermitage of the apparitions. The Community alone was present. After the Mass, Sister Teresita heard a voice of an Angel that said that the Blessed Virgin was waiting for her in the place of the Apparitions. The postulant stood up and she approached the vine. There was the Lady waiting, radiant with light but somewhat sad. “People do not believe my words. Pray, my child, pray much because there will be persecution. Pray for priests. What I ask here is exactly what I asked at Fatima. Tell this to the bishop and to the people. They do not like to believe in me and do not give what I ask. Tell the Sisters that I ask them to pray and to help propagate my devotion, to do penance for those who do not believe. When people come to ask me directly and not through you. all these can be revealed already. this is my last Apparition in this spot.” And blessing sister Teresita and the Community, Mary, Mediatrix of All Grace disappeared.

L.D.V.M.

BarbTherese

Amazing story!   Is it the first time that Our Lady, Mediatrix of all Graces, title appears?

graciandelamadrededios
On 7/15/2023 at 9:09 PM, BarbTherese said:

Amazing story!   Is it the first time that Our Lady, Mediatrix of all Graces, title appears?

I believe it is....