An Old School Catholic Message Board

Politics

fides' Jack

The U.S. military has reached crisis levels of low recruitment, last year it was at the lowest level in over two decades.  Military branches are falling short of their yearly recruiting goals by the 1000s. The army is set to fall 15,000 recruits short this year.

the U.S. military, its civilian and military leaders are overly fixated on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives at the expense of the military’s warfighting mission.  

As Sen. Ted Cruz puts it, “Perhaps a woke, emasculated military is not the best idea” —

Senator Tuberville has made some very valid points about the low recruitment, etc.  

On 9/11/2023 at 4:17 PM, Nunsuch said:

He supports white nationalists serving in the military

nationalists:

noun

a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.

What's wrong with that? :think:

4 hours ago, little2add said:

nationalists:

noun

a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.

What's wrong with that? :think:

If you don't know the difference between white nationalism and patriotism, I feel very sorry for your limited knowledge. Google is your friend. Google WHITE nationalism (no need to capitalize). Unlike you, I am very careful about what I say. White nationalism is a thing. It is a BAD thing. If you don't think it is a bad thing, as Tuberville doesn't, then I will pray for you, but also pity you. 

As for the difference between coincidence and causation, I think that might be too much of a stretch for you, but you might try thinking about it. I wouldn't even suggest it to Tuberville.

You forgot to mention typecast and/or profiling 

2 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

white nationalism

You sound a little bigoted

Frankly, my dear

*i* sound bigoted? Please find the nearest mirror. I have been protesting against and fighting racism since I was a small child. My father had a cross burned on his lawn for doing so shortly before I was born. One of his closest companions in this was our local Catholic priest, who preached at his funeral.

I do know what I"m talking about, and not just from experience--I actually teach an honors seminar on the subject. But I guess you'll just respond to that by making one of your usual comments about the worthlessness of actual knowledge, information, and expertise.... To think that there is nothing wrong with white nationalism is not only bigotry, it is unChristian. 

I will just say one more thing: anyone who thinks that opposing white nationalism is indicative of bigotry and racism definitely has their priorities skewed and some very problematic "values."

Edited by Nunsuch

:heart: U 2

the assertion that all white nationalists are, by definition,  racist is absurd

Just because a person doesn't agree with your ultra left-wing liberal, bleeding heart, ideology does that make them in a bad person.

White nationalism is evil, however, did you cite me one example of how Senator Tuberville advocated this?

:think:

Democratic lawmakers are engaging in "identity politics" by using the term "white nationalist" as "just another word that they want to use other than 'racism.'"

16 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

it is unChristian. 

if defending life in the womb makes you a white nationist , I seriously doubt the worth of your actual knowledge, information, and expertise....

Sen. Tuberville is not a white nationalist in any way,  your prejudiced against or antagonistic toward "whites" is truly racist.

BTW: DeSantis backs Tuberville halt on military promotions, vowing to eliminate Pentagon abortion policy if elected

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/desantis-backs-tuberville-halt-on-military-promotions

9 hours ago, little2add said:

if defending life in the womb makes you a white nationist , I seriously doubt the worth of your actual knowledge, information, and expertise....

This is ridiculous, and you know it. The vast majority of pro-life people are not white nationalists. THIS one is. And aren't you the one who criticized me for ad hominem insults? Again, get a mirror.

And, for the record, the fact that DeSantis agrees with him is not something I view as a point in his favor, or yours.

Edited by Nunsuch

On 9/16/2023 at 5:30 PM, Nunsuch said:

I will just say one more thing

Promise?

On 9/16/2023 at 5:13 PM, Nunsuch said:

I actually teach an honors seminar on the subject.

Whoop-t-do

17 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

The vast majority of pro-life people are not white nationalists.

If this is true, then there are two possibilities:

1) The vast majority of pro-lgbt people are white nationalists

or

2) The "white nationalist" problem is not a significant one

If one replaces "white nationalists" with "racists", which is the intended purpose (but a failure in using the English language correctly), I do believe #1 is true.  They use racism to try to fight racism.

On 9/16/2023 at 3:13 PM, Nunsuch said:

But I guess you'll just respond to that by making one of your usual comments about the worthlessness of actual knowledge, information, and expertise....

I honestly thought I was alone in these kinds of accusations.

To be honest, however, nobody on this board has made those kinds of comments.  The whole accusation is nothing more than a straw man fallacy.