An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Community for Victims of Church Abuse

katherineH

Eeeek.  I admire their tenacity and...I sincerely hope that this "charism"/ministry isn't something that will be needed for much longer.  I pray to God that Church leaders will finally stop abusing people.  Bishop Sample's approval/welcome of this community seems to be a recognition/acknowledgement that the Church will continue to be an abusive place for a good while to come.  That's a terribly sad (and infuriating) thought.  I will certainly keep these women in my prayers.

Sister Leticia

Alas, @Hna.Caridad even if the abuse were to miraculously stop 100% tomorrow, the harm, the trauma and many effects of abuse, will remain for many years, as will the need for healing and support. 

Out of interest, @katherineH as the three don't say on their website that they're former FSP, how did you know? Was there an announcement or did they just quietly disappear from social media? (There's a reference to people having followed them) I must confess, I've seen so many American FSPs on social media, I can't keep up with who's who!

On 11/18/2023 at 4:58 PM, Sister Leticia said:

Alas, @Hna.Caridad even if the abuse were to miraculously stop 100% tomorrow, the harm, the trauma and many effects of abuse, will remain for many years, as will the need for healing and support. 

Out of interest, @katherineH as the three don't say on their website that they're former FSP, how did you know? Was there an announcement or did they just quietly disappear from social media? (There's a reference to people having followed them) I must confess, I've seen so many American FSPs on social media, I can't keep up with who's who!

The sister in the middle of the picture (Sr. Theresa Aletheia) on their website has had a fairly significant online following for years. I recognized her immediately! If you google her name you will find pictures of her in the FSP habit. Based off of what I've been able glean, these three sisters were approaching final vows and all discerned they were being called to a different charism. They left the community, and found a bishop to accept their new order within a year or so. 

Sister Leticia

Thank you. I've heard of Theresa Aletheia and her memento mori (though I wouldn't have recognised her), and that makes sense of a reference to this in the explanation of their habit's colours. 

• 3 weeks later...