An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bishop Joseph Strickland

dUSt

I don't know enough him, his diocese, his decisions, or any of the rest of it to carry on an intelligent discussion. But I'd be happy to read about it from others' perspectives. 

I do find it interesting that the bishop has established a YouTube channel: 

I was hoping Bishop Strickland would succeed Cardinal Cupich here in Chicago after Cupich turns 75 next year.

Edited by Norseman82

Go figure; spending the better part of a decade being against the Pope isn't good for you when the Pope is your boss. Almost as if the Pope is the Supreme Pontiff of our Church.   Though I wonder if this is "merely" the fact he's been in direct opposition to the Holy Father for almost a decade, or has anything to do with what they may have found and not released in the investigation of his diocesan finances by the Vatican.

KnightofChrist

Still waiting for the Pope to actually act against heretical German Bishops. Strongly worded letters don't count.

And Pope Francis to actually take action against the serial rapist Rupnik. Who's strange art is still being used by the Vatican.

I'm sure I'd die waiting for Pope Francis to apply the law fairly and equally.

23 hours ago, BG45 said:

Go figure; spending the better part of a decade being against the Pope isn't good for you when the Pope is your boss. Almost as if the Pope is the Supreme Pontiff of our Church.   Though I wonder if this is "merely" the fact he's been in direct opposition to the Holy Father for almost a decade, or has anything to do with what they may have found and not released in the investigation of his diocesan finances by the Vatican.

Probably not worse than serial raping nuns, ejaculating in to a chalice and hearing the confession of a lover for being his lover, or rape victim I forget.

Edited by KnightofChrist