Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 30, 2004 Posted September 30, 2004 [quote name='mmmerf' date='Jul 15 2004, 01:36 PM']I am a married catholic man. This fact alone has disappointed some of my single female catholic friends. (Yes, I'm kidding, 'relieved' is a better word). But often it comes up in conversation that the Single Eligible Faithful Catholic Non-Seminarian Bachelor has been, well, hunted to the brink of extinction. They often ask me if I can recall any sort of nesting areas or game reserves where I might have lingered in the carefree days of my youth. To them I offer this strategy. I just thought it up one day, but it strikes me that it might work. I submit it to you, my fellow PhatMassers, for your consideration and (dis)approval. Ladies, you'll need the following A car. (NOT a minivan. This may cause your prey*ahem* future accquaintance to bolt.) A lawn chair. A sandwich board (like you'd write a daily special on and put on the sidewalk in front of a restaurant.) The season is very short, really stretching only from september 20th or so until at the latest, early november. Park the car in front of a seminary. *NOTE: at no point may you go onto the grounds of the seminary. That's just not fair.* Get out of the car. Set up the lawn chair facing the seminary. On the sandwich board, write the following: "CONTINUED VOCATIONAL DISCERNMENT" Then place the sign next to the lawn chair. Sit down in the lawn chair and wait. They will come. You will, within a few days, see a young man coming out of the seminary, with a suitcase, a knapsack and possibly a new breivary. Be Ready! He will have a confused look on his face; he may appear tired, he may appear relieved, he may simply look somewhat lost. He's vulnerable! His defenses are low! Remember, you may not go onto the seminary grounds at any point. As soon as he reaches the sidewalk, though, he will most likely look at you and echo one of the following courting cries: "Um..." "Are you..." "Since when..." This is your moment! Strike! Say something like 'You look like you could use a coffee' or 'I'm having trouble understanding this passage from the Psalms - do you think you could help me?' or even 'Pardon me, sir, but I was going to watch some football this weekend - do you think you could explain what a west coast offense is to me?' From there, you're on your own. Thoughts? Opinions? Comments? Dave ---- Disclaimer: Oh of course I'm completely kidding. Relax. [/quote] Wow...this is exactly what happened to me... jk
azaelia Posted October 1, 2004 Posted October 1, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Jul 16 2004, 10:33 AM']I have an alternative approach to finding a husband... Give me a call at 555-555-1234, and we'll take it from there. [/quote] I'm game only if Mr. Peterson isn't involved This is awesome! Now where's the nearest seminary?
Guest T-Bone Posted October 1, 2004 Posted October 1, 2004 [quote name='StColette' date='Jul 15 2004, 01:25 PM'][ponders that fall is just around the corner... heheehe] hey I don't have a car will a truck work ? lol[/quote] Actually, a pick-up truck would do wonders around here! *wink*
Kaeldra Posted October 1, 2004 Posted October 1, 2004 So wait...who IS this Mr. Peterson EVERYONE always talks about *feels left out*
azaelia Posted October 1, 2004 Posted October 1, 2004 [quote name='Kaeldra' date='Sep 30 2004, 08:53 PM']So wait...who IS this Mr. Peterson EVERYONE always talks about *feels left out* [/quote] You don't want to be included...trust me Ok, Mr. Peterson is TCW's autumn blazer. Apparently he's very bad, and racist, and lieks to lock TCW in the closet.
Luthien Posted October 1, 2004 Posted October 1, 2004 I met my boyfriend at my church, and we became a couple in front of the tabernacle... Perfect!
toledo_jesus Posted October 1, 2004 Posted October 1, 2004 I had to make my own Catholic girl...hahaha, nah not really. She was Baptist but she had Catholic leanings that I exploited...I mean brought out in her.
AndreaMercer Posted October 1, 2004 Posted October 1, 2004 My darling husband and I met in adoration... (and also got engaged there )
Guest T-Bone Posted October 1, 2004 Posted October 1, 2004 [quote name='azaelia' date='Sep 30 2004, 06:55 PM']You don't want to be included...trust me Ok, Mr. Peterson is TCW's autumn blazer. Apparently he's very bad, and racist, and lieks to lock TCW in the closet. [/quote] Are you sure you're not getting TCW and Mr. Peterson confuzzeled?
Luthien Posted December 11, 2005 Posted December 11, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jul 15 2004, 12:45 PM']I couldn't do that. It seems like a convent is more serious because seminarians aren't priests yet exactly.. I dunno.. Also I don't mess with maidens who are thinking about become nuns because I've been burned in the past, I'd rather meet a young lady who is fired up about being an awesome Catholic wife and mother. Not a bad suggestion though! [right][snapback]265046[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Luthien Posted May 20, 2007 Posted May 20, 2007 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='264975' date='Jul 15 2004, 05:08 PM']now someone should write one for sorry Catholic gentlemen who have a hard time meeting serious Catholic maidens. [/quote] Found. Wow who can tell Im bored?
ardent1 Posted May 20, 2007 Posted May 20, 2007 The Top 3 Reasons why I chose St. Mary's University [i]by Angela[/i] 3. It's got my major 2. It's Catholic 1. Young Catholic men for the choosing dont tell anyone...
traichuoi Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 lol...I know I'm digging up some old threads but this one was great!
morostheos Posted September 30, 2007 Posted September 30, 2007 wow, old times...so many of the folks who posted on this thread originally are married or engaged now!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now