Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

List Your Top Five Favorite Catholic Books!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Enquiring minds want to know! :P

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

Only five? I guess I'll just name the first five that come to mind.

St. Thomas Aquina's Own Concise Version of his Summa Theologica
The Teachings of the Church Fathers
Catholicism for Dummies
The Antichrist
Catholic Doctrine in Scripture

Posted

Besides the Bible... :D

The Lamb's Supper is one! I have to go look up the titles of hte other ones!

RandomProddy
Posted

[quote name='thedude' date='Jul 15 2004, 11:47 PM'] Only five? I guess I'll just name the first five that come to mind.

St. Thomas Aquina's Own Concise Version of his Summa Theologica
The Teachings of the Church Fathers
Catholicism for Dummies
The Antichrist
Catholic Doctrine in Scripture [/quote]
Good thing you didn't think of the Bible...

Posted

I'll add

Weeds among the Wheat

Posted

[quote name='cathgirl' date='Jul 15 2004, 05:33 PM'] Besides the Bible... :D

The Lamb's Supper is one! I have to go look up the titles of the other ones! [/quote]
The Lamb's Supper was one of my fav's too...

Also...

"And You Are Christ's: The Charism of Virginity and the Celibate Life"
Thomas Dubay, SM

Posted

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/store/books.htm"]http://www.phatmass.com/store/books.htm[/url]

Soldier4Him
Posted

As far as FICTION is concerned....

Pierced By a Sword

Posted

You know what a good Catholic fiction book was? [i]How Firm a Foundation[/i] by Marcus Grodi.

Posted

Happiness and Contemplation - Josef Pieper
Triumph - Crocker III
Lift Up Your Heart - Fulton Sheen
Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma - Ott
Summa Theologica - St. Aquinas

Bible is a given, so, repeating it here is redundant.

Posted

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jul 15 2004, 06:33 PM'] You know what a good Catholic fiction book was? [i]How Firm a Foundation[/i] by Marcus Grodi. [/quote]
Stuff by Walker Percy too

cmotherofpirl
Posted

The little Flowers of St Francis
The Quotable Fulton Sheen
The Imitation of Christ
Sign of Contradiction by the Holy Father
Anything by Kreeft, Lewis, or Sheed

Posted

Pierced by a Sword

True Devotion to Mary

Lamb of God

Many other ones I can't recall right now!

Posted

40 dreams of St. John Bosco

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

I have a lot of books to finish!

One of my favorites right now is "Queen of Angels"
It's a mediatation book on Our Lady and how to bring her into our daily lives! It is a wonderful, beautiful book!

I have to jog my brain to think of a few...

I can't think right now... maybe later!

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted (edited)

[quote]Good thing you didn't think of the Bible...[/quote]
Actually, the Bible was the first book I thought of, but I figured that was implied.

And I liked the Handbook of Christian Apologetics.

Edited by thedude
Posted

[quote name='slywakka250' date='Jul 15 2004, 05:44 PM'] I'll add

Weeds among the Wheat [/quote]
That sound interesting. Tell me more about it.

Posted

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jul 15 2004, 06:33 PM'] You know what a good Catholic fiction book was? [i]How Firm a Foundation[/i] by Marcus Grodi. [/quote]
That sounds interesting. Tell me more about that one.

I'm trying to find something new to read. I like historical novels based on a true facts but embellished a little bit to make a good read.

Posted

[quote name='the_rev' date='Jul 15 2004, 06:17 PM'] Pierced by a Sword

True Devotion to Mary

Lamb of God

[/quote]
Ditto

Add:

Imitation of Christ
Imitation of Mary
The Way of Divine Love
The Collected Works of St. Teresa of Avila Vol 1-3
Divine Mercy

Posted

wow, im surprised no one said it already, one of my favorites is [i]The Story of a Soul[/i] by St. Therese

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...