Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Personal Confession....


Recommended Posts

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Each day that I wake up, I'm without child, and each day that I see mothers with their children, I yearn to have one.

My confession is, that I'm jealous of those young unwed mothers, because, in my mind, I've done everything right, gotten married, am a Christian, and yet God has chosen to not bless us with a child yet. It's really hard, because I love children, and to see my younger cousin, unwed and only having been with her boyfriend for a year and a half, pregnant with child, is like a blow in my stomach, and I struggle with it.

But...I'm just crazy, anyways....right?

Posted

no, you're not crazy. i, too, have been yearning for a child. i, too, have felt like i've done everything "right". i struggle every day with the fact that it says, "THY will be done"; not "MY will be done".

i've got 13 nephews & nieces (by blood) and 4 nieces (by marriage). i'm very jealous.

i try to remember that everything in this life happens for a reason, and i may not know what the reason is for months or years afterward.

i try to remember all these things, yet it is hard when i have been struggling with this for over a year.

teresa: :group: :group: :group:

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

I thought you had a child, Lil' Red? Or was my presumption wrong?


I'm glad to know that there's someone else out there that understands what my feelings are.

theculturewarrior
Posted

You'll just have to keep trying.


Hey, where do babies come from any way? :huh:

Posted

no, i don't have any kids. :(

Posted

I feel you. I was married almost 9 years before becoming pregnant. I watched friends and family all have kids, all the while jealous and sad.

I just kept praying. And now Dani is here!

You'll be just fine kiddo - all in God's time, right?

Posted

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Jul 21 2004, 02:08 PM']
But...I'm just crazy, anyways....right? [/quote]
umm...

Your desire to be a mom is a desire to love. It is not only natural, it is a reflection of God's love within you. While resenting those blessed with children isn't really christian charity at its finest, I think you can probably curb that by asking God to bless and keep the very families that you envy. And while you do that, temper and strengthen your desire to love by meditating on what it means to be a mom on the not-so-good days. Such as the fifth joyful mystery (searching for your son for 3 days :o ) and also standing with Mary through the stations of the Cross. These things will both prepare your heart for parenthood and also help you to see the bigger picture when you look at other families.

God Bless,

Dave :)

theculturewarrior
Posted

I don't know how I would feel if I found out I couldn't be a father. (Thanks be to God you all have your husbands and aren't stranded in a sea of lukewarm Catholics like me ;) ). I think it would be way cool to adopt an orhpaned indian or chinese girl.

Posted

[quote name='mmmerf' date='Jul 21 2004, 01:37 PM'] umm...

Your desire to be a mom is a desire to love. It is not only natural, it is a reflection of God's love within you. While resenting those blessed with children isn't really christian charity at its finest, I think you can probably curb that by asking God to bless and keep the very families that you envy. And while you do that, temper and strengthen your desire to love by meditating on what it means to be a mom on the not-so-good days. Such as the fifth joyful mystery (searching for your son for 3 days :o ) and also standing with Mary through the stations of the Cross. These things will both prepare your heart for parenthood and also help you to see the bigger picture when you look at other families.

God Bless,

Dave :) [/quote]
i dunno about teresa, but i, for one, thank you for saying these words!

az, 9 years!!!! :o :o :o you must have the patience of a saint!!

Birgitta Noel
Posted

Hmmm, Teresa, we may have been wrong...lol

Posted

I'll tell you a little story about my older cousin, way older. Well she had been married for a very very long time, and she and her husband were still without a child. They prayed etc. but no child. Well, Louisiana has really bad tornadoes, and one night one hit. My cousin was standing in her kitchen and a brick flew in through her window, and hit her on the back of the head. She was blinded. A couple weeks after this accident she found out she was pregnant. She has never regained her sight. This happened way before I was born, but my dad told it to me so that I would never give up hope or lose patience.

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Wow! I must say that I am really proud of yous all for not turning this into a pity thread.


Lil' Red,

I feel for ya, I really do. I know how irritating it is, and thanks for being able to relate to me.



The rest of ya:

What bugs me isn't the married women having babies, its those who are unwed that bug me. To me, a child is a blessing, and a gift from God. So, when an unwed mother has a child, it's like seeing a parent give a gift to a disobedient child.

I don't understand it, but I do have to accept it as reality. If I'm to be a mother, I know that God will provide a way, whether it's naturally, or through adoption.

Posted

or those mothers who abort their babies :( :cry: :cry:

give that baby to me! i'll love it!!!

and St.Colette, what a great story!

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

do not worry teresa, tho i am nowhere near your position.....i will say a prayer for you!

but i guess its all due in God's time, and until then, we must try our best to meet up with what God has in store for us.

look at St. Elizabeth! who had St. John the Baptist! :wub: God hears our every prayer!!

pray for those families who have children, that God may continue to bless them and keep the, for i think we would want others to do that for us when we have children! :D ^_^ espeically those who are unwed with children :( because many times its the children who will need those prayers....

+JMJ+

ps. and Dani was long ago a prayer in her parents heart (and to those on the phorum who were praying as well! :D ), now shes here, a miracle that God does answer prayers! right Azriel? ;)

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

[quote]What bugs me isn't the married women having babies, its those who are unwed that bug me. To me, a child is a blessing, and a gift from God. So, when an unwed mother has a child, it's like seeing a parent give a gift to a disobedient child. [/quote]

i think God will always make good come out of anything.....its His never-ending mercy and love that is being shown when blessing those with children......


you know my friends parents were praying really really hard for another child and it wasn't until they did a novena and a pilgramage/trip to a nearby basilica did they're prayer be answered *hint*hint* ;)

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Jul 21 2004, 05:26 PM'] or those mothers who abort their babies :( :cry: :cry:

give that baby to me! i'll love it!!!

and St.Colette, what a great story! [/quote]
I hear ya loud and clear!




To those who abort their babies: :irate:

Posted

Before I met my husband I was a very different person. But David changed all that.
I never had a desire to have children until I met him.
We've been married almost 8 years and still no kids.
I kills me inside because I know it isnt him, he's ok. It's me.
But the doc says I should be able to have kids, cause everything so far seems normal.
I have 2 more tests and that's it.
I wont go any farther because it would involve invitro and I told the doctor that I wasnt gonna play God.
The two last tests involve a dye test and a special pap.(sorry guys, but it's part of life)
We are quite scared that I may have fried everything when I got sick a few years back and ended up with peritonitis.
But again, my doc says everything seems normal except that I'm not getting pregnant.
I feel for you Teresa, and Lil Red. I know how badly you want one of your own.
Sometimes things happen for a reason. Maybe it just isnt our time yet, but I'll keep you both in my prayers.

David said we can always adopt an 18 year old Korean girl (the man is not normal !!) This is the same person who thinks you should always have duct tape around for babysitting!! Lord, I do love that man!!

Peace all.

daugher-of-Mary
Posted

Awe, God bless all of you for you faithfulness!

A friend of mine (now a Carmelite nun) told me that her parents couldn't seem to conceive after her birth. They prayed and prayed about it, but nothing happened. Then one day her dad brought home a picture of one of the saints and put it up in their home. They didn't realized it was St. Gerard, patron of pregnancies! Now they have two young boys...Augustine and Maximilian! :D

Maybe one of these Saints could help you out:
Agatha
Anne
Anthony of Padua
Casilda of Toledo
Felicity
Fiacre
Francis of Paola
Giles
Henry II
Margaret of Antioch
Medard
Philomena
Rita of Cascia
Theobald Roggeri

Posted

((((hugs to quietfire))))

:group: :group:

prayers for you!

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

im prayign for all you guys! ;) :D :wub: :hearts: :group:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...