mattosika Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 So this past year myself and a bunch of the coolest people on earth went to the John Paul 2 Bible School in Hinton Alberta Canada. It was really rough at first leaving all my friends and family, and moving into no mans land in the rocky mountains. But spending a year growing in my faith was awsome and I met soooo many awsome people including ding Claudine . So i was just wondering how many of you would commit youselves to give a year to God?God Bless all of ya
conservativecatholic Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 I would in a heart-beat! Think about it... 1 year of your life in exchange for eternal life. That is a nice trade.
daugher-of-Mary Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 Whoa. Sounds awesome! Can you post somemore info on the school?
mattosika Posted July 23, 2004 Author Posted July 23, 2004 if anyones interested they can check out the school site @ www.jpii.net
Claudine Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 (edited) Hey Guys, Im CLaudine Matt's friend!!! I was @ the John Paul II Bible School with matt! It Was one Amazing Year! One word says it all TRUTH You are put into a place of TRUTH !!! TRUTH is everywhere....... SO much truth was spoken into me, and I could not run away from it! It was awesome to actually get to know Jesus more than just by name! I knew him B4 I went but Now its Like hes my Bestest friend! Also the teachers we get are Sooooo GOOD! And You Receive so much healing!! I know I did ! If any of you Guys Want to hear some amazing Story's about how people's lives have changed by going to JP2 Bible School ASK ME Ill Tell YOu! Anyone Who wants 2 get to know Jesus @ a Deeper Level, Should Go! BLesSings My FRiends! CLaudine :afro: Edited July 23, 2004 by Claudine
Claudine Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 :cheer: MATT! :cheer: Thanks 4 starting this Thread you ROCK! I LOVE YA!!!!!! :wavey: -----> CLaudine :afro: P.s WELcome 2 PhatMAsS! JOhnPaul II Bible School [b]www.jpii.net[/b]
BurkeFan Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 I'm planning on hopefully giving my life to God, so...
Claudine Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 [quote name='BurkeFan' date='Jul 23 2004, 06:01 PM'] I'm planning on hopefully giving my life to God, so... [/quote] AweSOme! This bRinGs A SMILE 2 my Face!!!! GOd BLesS ----> CLaudine :afro:
Andrea348 Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 If I wasn't planning to enter religious life right after college I would love to volunteer for a year through the Jesuit Volunteer Corp. I know a couple people from my college who have done that after graduation and have loved it.
Claudine Posted July 23, 2004 Posted July 23, 2004 Andrea That sounds CoOl, What Exactly do they do? --->cLaudine :afro:
shelly_freak Posted July 24, 2004 Posted July 24, 2004 i want to join the peace corp after college so my answere would be yes
the_rev Posted July 24, 2004 Posted July 24, 2004 Before the seminary I plan on going on NET for a year.
the_rev Posted July 24, 2004 Posted July 24, 2004 Heck I'm only a sophmore in High School, so in about 3 years I'll figure that out!
Rebirth flame Posted July 24, 2004 Posted July 24, 2004 meh... i got nuthin better to do, so why not...? lol, no, i'm JUST KIDDIN!!! i would totally and completely give my life to God for one year (if not more if i feel called to) at a seconds notice. I know that i must increase my humility in order to increase God's Kingdom, and there's nothing more humbling to drop all your plans to follow the Divine Will of the Father in Heaven. God Bless! ~nate
Andrea348 Posted July 24, 2004 Posted July 24, 2004 [quote name='Claudine' date='Jul 23 2004, 07:26 PM'] Andrea That sounds CoOl, What Exactly do they do? --->cLaudine :afro: [/quote] [url="http://www.jesuitvolunteers.org/"]JVC[/url] There's the web for the Jesuit Volunteer Corp. They live in a house with a small group of others and they all have a particular job in some kind of service industry. There are positions in healthcare, education, youth counseling, all kinds of stuff. It is a great way to get experience in your career field and give back to the community before working for a salary. I also know people who volunteered with the Claretians and with the Holy Redeemer Volunteers. They have all loved it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now