justfran Posted July 26, 2004 Posted July 26, 2004 ...to this story about the Jesuit priests who survived the Hiroshima bombing because they prayed the Rosary everyday or something? I've heard that they recounted their experiences during the Eucharistic Congress in Philadelphia 1976 or something. Just curious.
qfnol31 Posted July 26, 2004 Posted July 26, 2004 One of St. Maximilian Kolbe's communities survived just because of it's location, but still a miracle!
justfran Posted July 26, 2004 Author Posted July 26, 2004 Well probably one of the more trustworthy sources I've found is [url="http://www.medjugorje.org/echo/e120.pdf"]this one[/url], but it only mentions it with a reference to where they got it from, no more.
StColette Posted July 26, 2004 Posted July 26, 2004 [url="http://www.marysremnant.org/News/Archives/Miracle.html"]http://www.marysremnant.org/News/Archives/Miracle.html[/url] That tells the Hiroshima story
justfran Posted July 26, 2004 Author Posted July 26, 2004 I'm still really cynical about it...I dunno. The link to the Fr's speech didn't work, and apparently people are telling different versions of the story, some say there were eight priests, some say there were four...
justfran Posted July 26, 2004 Author Posted July 26, 2004 the priest at last night's Mass said he never heard it verified, that's why i'm looking around
StColette Posted July 26, 2004 Posted July 26, 2004 [url="http://www.yearoftherosary.org/hiroshima_miracle.htm"]http://www.yearoftherosary.org/hiroshima_miracle.htm[/url] Another site that talks about it.
justfran Posted July 26, 2004 Author Posted July 26, 2004 (edited) I'm not sure about the reliability of this site (after all, it is someone's personal webspace, and he's anti-Catholic, so be careful about what you read there) [url="http://sxws.com/charis/mary25.htm"]http://sxws.com/charis/mary25.htm[/url] But he does point out some inconsistencies btwn accounts, eg. some sites say that over half a million people died but the people at Hiroshima's A-Bomb Museum say the population at the time was about half as much. Edited July 26, 2004 by justfran
StColette Posted July 26, 2004 Posted July 26, 2004 well there first thing that ought to tip you off that the site isn't reliable is the fact that the person is "anti-Catholic" which gives the go ahead to assume that he is "anti-Mary"
justfran Posted July 26, 2004 Author Posted July 26, 2004 (edited) I know that, that's why i said be careful what you read....just note the inconsistencies between accounts... also, when i look up sites like ewtn, CIN, Catholic.com, Catholic.Org, there's no mention of it. That's why I'm kinda cynical Edited July 26, 2004 by justfran
cmotherofpirl Posted July 26, 2004 Posted July 26, 2004 It is absolutely true. Father Mitch Pacwa of EWTN and Father Groeshel have both talked about the miracle at Hiroshima. Our Lady protects her own.
justfran Posted July 27, 2004 Author Posted July 27, 2004 (edited) There were some inconsistencies in the reports above, though. All the priests survived, but they weren't free of the radiation sickness. I found the bk Hiroshima by John Hersey (the story was first published in Time magazine) and he did another edition forty yrs later, saying that Fr Kleinsorge lived with leukaemia til 1977. To me, the miracle is that they survived the blast itself. I emailed Fr Levesque at CatholicDoors and he said he wasn't familiar with it... Which program/episode was this? I wanna download it off the ewtn site. Edited July 27, 2004 by justfran
justfran Posted July 27, 2004 Author Posted July 27, 2004 Just sent an email to someone at the Historical Soc. of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, asking for stuff on that speech that Fr Schiffer gave...I'm not expecting anything soon, the site says that the manuscripts for the stuff on the '76 Eucharistic Congress is unavailable atm.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now