Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Read the post first: is my boss a jerk?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

CreepyCrawler
Posted

Yeah, I'm working on forgiving him, but really, I think my anger is justified. He treats all his employees terribly and so I shouldn't have been surprised that he pulled something like this. I am mad at him, but I also pity him because he's really a mean person. I can't collect unemployment because he pays everyone under the table (so he doesn't have to pay for taxes, insurance, etc. even for the full-time career people there; he's cheap) and so technically I don't think I 'work' there. I'm sure I'll find another job, and you're right, God allows stuff to happen for a reason. Though I'm annoyed that I got fired, I'm infinitely happier for not working there because I was being sexually harrassed by one of the cooks anyway and I hated every minute I worked there. So maybe I'm just a whiner... I was rrrreeeeeaaaalllllyyyy angry yesterday. Today I'm a mixture of anger and pity for my mean boss. Tomorrow, I'll probably be able to forgive him :) and move on. And never go back there ever again.

Posted

[quote name='Phazzan' date='Jul 27 2004, 01:46 PM'] Yeah, all I'm saying is someone who tries to ruin up my life for their own pleasure or personal gain ain't getting my blessing to go on and live a happy life, hell or no hell. Fair enough, if they repent I think it would be right to forgive. [/quote]
If they don't repent.... and you don't forgive them... God will not forgive you.


Their repenting has nothing to do with your forgiving them.


God Bless,
ironmonk

EcceNovaFacioOmni
Posted

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Jul 27 2004, 12:38 PM'] Just one note....


Do you realize what "dork" actually means?

It's slang for penis.... not nerd or jerk.


Just thought I'd bring that to people's attention.

God Bless,
ironmonk [/quote]
Well thats a new one. I always associated it with Steve Urkel.

Soldier4Him
Posted

it's true dude. scope out merriam webster

Posted

I think your former boss is a jerk for doing that

Posted

Fair enough. What about justice and punishment? If someone does us wrong, I think we are entitled to retribution, whether we forgive them or not.

CreepyCrawler
Posted

does retribution include burning your former place of employment down? haha. just kidding.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...