homeschoolmom Posted July 28, 2004 Posted July 28, 2004 We are having our sons baptized next week. But there is no one to celebrate with us... most of you know that none of our families is Catholic. Father suggested doing it in a private ceremony next Tuesday before mass. Even scrounging up a godparent has been difficult. This seems so bittersweet because it's being done to "get them up to speed" sacramentally and not as newborns in the normative way with family and friends rejoycing with us. Anyway, next Tuesday evening, if you think of it, would you please pray for Tim and John. Thanks. Then afterwards, there's a party here... I'll have the cake...
the Abbot Posted July 28, 2004 Posted July 28, 2004 Im not Catholic, but I can imagine this is a very joyous occasion and I will celebrate here on my computer with you.
curtins Posted July 28, 2004 Posted July 28, 2004 God bless you hsmom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill pray- if not on tuesday then b4 then GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sojourner Posted July 28, 2004 Posted July 28, 2004 I will be praying for you all, especially my quasi-godchildren. I think it's cool, but I can understand it being a little bittersweet. Just remember someone in Indiana :wub:s you guys very much, and I'll be celebrating in my corner of the world. Maybe we can do some sort of special dance at a pre-set time ...
Colleen Posted July 28, 2004 Posted July 28, 2004 Awwww, that'a so awesome! Congratulations! I'll be praying!
lifeteenchick527 Posted July 28, 2004 Posted July 28, 2004 hey...CONGRATULATIONS!!! HOPE ALL GOES WELL!!!
daugher-of-Mary Posted July 28, 2004 Posted July 28, 2004 bumpity Congratulations HSMum and kids!!!!! We'll have a party right here at PM...tacos, so very tasty and good for you, and cake for everyone! Praying for you, and especially your boys! God bless!
cmotherofpirl Posted July 28, 2004 Posted July 28, 2004 So are you going to take the portable computer and set it up with a camera so we can all answer the questions and be Godparents? It would be an honor.
homeschoolmom Posted July 28, 2004 Author Posted July 28, 2004 I'd do it in a heartbeat if I thought I could find a long enough extention cord...
WCC_Catholic Posted July 28, 2004 Posted July 28, 2004 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Jul 27 2004, 08:21 PM'] Just remember someone in Indiana :wub:s you guys very much, and I'll be celebrating in my corner of the world. Maybe we can do some sort of special dance at a pre-set time ... [/quote] Same with LOUISIANA someone :wub:' s y'all very much Gob bless y'all
jmjtina Posted July 28, 2004 Posted July 28, 2004 PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless you and your family!!!! Much prayers to you all!
WCC_Catholic Posted July 28, 2004 Posted July 28, 2004 [quote name='jmjtina' date='Jul 27 2004, 11:19 PM'] PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless you and your family!!!! Much prayers to you all! [/quote] yea we want pics of the baptisms
marielapin Posted July 28, 2004 Posted July 28, 2004 Congrats to your family, HSmom! I hope you will post pictures if you are able!
homeschoolmom Posted August 3, 2004 Author Posted August 3, 2004 Wow... I found this on page nine... Anyway, today's the day. I worry that my five year old will chicken out, my 10 month old with cry, my eight year old (who is not being baptized) will hate that she's not in the spotlight (firstborns, you know) and worst of all, that my husband will be visibly shaken (he comes from a loooooooooong line of believers baptizers). He knows why it's to be done and he agrees to do it, but it's a hard thing to do anyway. It's one thing to commit ourselves to being Catholic, but quite another to commit our children to it. So, anyway, prayers please. And if we could keep this on page one today, that'd be great....
Ellenita Posted August 3, 2004 Posted August 3, 2004 Prayers coming your way HSMom..... :wub: :wub: ....and a couple of postcards from London! May The Lord bless your family with joy and love especially today...... Our Lady of Fatima, please pray.........
Sanvean Posted August 3, 2004 Posted August 3, 2004 Congratulations on such a big step. I'll be praying.
Churchnerd24/7 Posted August 3, 2004 Posted August 3, 2004 Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you!! I will pray for you guys!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now