Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

So, Holy Father, What Do You Really Think?


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jul 30 2004, 12:21 AM'] really, i wasnt talking to you. i was still talking to that person up there who ticked me off. i cant stand stuff like that. i take it personally and maybe i shouldnt but i do. rawr. [/quote]
Take a deep breath in.....hold it.....aaaaa....let it out....repeat this until you calm down. ;)

Posted

what, I'm sposedta find it funny? i'm not allowed to be annoyed by it? all the sudden it ticks you off if i am annoyed by this?

i don't understand how you took it personally if i said absolutely nothing related to you, but simply that i was annoyed by this. i didn't think it was funny. does that hurt your feelings because you thought it was funny? well too bad, i simply wasn't amused... that's it. i was annoyed and unamused, and i stated that. deal with it and move on.

Posted

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jul 30 2004, 01:01 AM'] I think this is wildly annoying, the pope always looks like that cause he's old and not in the best of health. keep him in your prayers. i understand this was all in good fun, but nevertheless it annoyed the heck out of me. [/quote]
actually, come to think of it, this original post was a perfect example of an "I" message. just goes to show you, school can't teach you how to not tick someone off.

Pax

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jul 30 2004, 01:12 AM'] what, I'm sposedta find it funny? i'm not allowed to be annoyed by it? all the sudden it ticks you off if i am annoyed by this?

i don't understand how you took it personally if i said absolutely nothing related to you, but simply that i was annoyed by this. i didn't think it was funny. does that hurt your feelings because you thought it was funny? well too bad, i simply wasn't amused... that's it. i was annoyed and unamused, and i stated that. deal with it and move on. [/quote]
whoa okay maybe i didnt say clearly enough that i wasnt talking TO YOU



sheesh....

Posted

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jul 30 2004, 12:14 AM'] I AM A BUSH SUPPORTER. I DO SUPPORT BUSH AND IF I COULD VOTE IT WOULD BE FOR HIM!!!! [/quote]
Is it true that he once said there was no French word for entrepreneur? I overheard some people talking about it today and I'm just wondering...it's not like i'm gonna vote in those elections or anything since i'm not an american.

Posted

I dunno. It's kind of a hard photo to watch. I mean, The Holy Father is sitting down next to the fifth president he's ever met. Maybe that morning he woke up and thought, 'I'm going to meet Bush today. Lord, I really wish they'd toe the difficult lines like I have and just outlaw abortion all together. Show me some sign that we're beating back the culture of death.'

And then, a frail, tired pontiff who has given himself a dozen times more than almost every politician he's ever met, sits down and recieves the same compromises and empty statements he recieves from almost every politician he's ever met. And he's too tired to fight with this one. He used to be able to go toe to toe with these guys. Mix it up a little on the stump. Call them out to face the real meaning of the authority they'd recieved. But now it's hard to even speak, and yet he's photographed exchanging pleasantries. So he rests his head on his one good hand, and inwardly asks the Blessed Virgin, "Mother, win this man's heart. Open his eyes. Guard and guide his soul." And like he does every day, he holds back the tears that come every time his eyes of prayer look to the beautiful and tragic west.

God save the Pope. God bless our Pope.

franciscanheart
Posted

Let me say right here and right now,

I am sorry to anyone I have offended, annoyed, or made angry because of this thread. I in no way intended for it to become what it has. I did not think much about the different ways this picture could be perceived and the feelings and emotions that coule lay behind it. So I do apologize to each and every one of you.

I love the Pope. I do. I think he is a wonderful man and I feel for him in such a painful state of life. I pray daily for his health and well-being.

I also like Bush. While Bush might have sat there and made empty promises or told Holy Father what he wanted to hear he at least went over there which is the first step in the complete conversion of his heart.


Again, I am sorry for any harsh feelings this has caused or any negative things I have said because of the response I have received.

Please forgive me.



just btw, I love the Pope so much I have a framed portrait of him above my bed.

Posted

As far as I stand, no probs, it's just that's what the pic made me think. It's cool.

Dave :)

Posted

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jul 30 2004, 01:18 AM'] actually, come to think of it, this original post was a perfect example of an "I" message. just goes to show you, school can't teach you how to not tick someone off.

Pax [/quote]
Yes, I too also need to work on my flaws in this area on my conversation abilities, as I regularly tick off many of my friends and I really feel bad about what I do.

I am sorry. Yes I am I am I am.

;)

Posted

Sometimes what I post makes some people angry. But I just assume that those people are jerks. :thinking: :thumb: :fishslap:













Kidding!

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='mmmerf' date='Jul 30 2004, 01:23 PM'] Sometimes what I post makes some people angry. But I just assume that those people are jerks. :thinking: :thumb: :fishslap:













Kidding! [/quote]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :crackup:

ilovechrist
Posted

funny pic, and deserves to be bumped

franciscanheart
Posted

bump again.... :(

Mickey's_Girl
Posted

LOL! I love all "funny" Pope pictures (like Norseman82's icon of JPII-with-hockey-stick) as long as they are respectful. JPII is the coolest. I think a framed picture is a great idea! :wub:

I also feel the pain on dissing of Bush. My take on his "linguistic infelicities" is simply that he's not a verbal guy. Plenty of people aren't. This doesn't make him stupid, or a bad politician, even. But it does make him fodder for comedians and pundits. But they'd find something else to make fun of, if it weren't that. It's their business. Of course, in mocking him, they neglect to note that many average Americans would be as inarticulate as Bush if they were forced to speak publicly as much as he does. But it's easy to make fun of other people's flaws, especially when we share them.

In any case, prayers for both the Holy Father and the President. And thanks for sharing the picture! :)

MG

Posted

I love how if the slightest thing is said about Bush then people go rabid on this board. However, it is perfectly acceptable to call democrats names, tell people they are living in sin, etc for being "liberal". You all need some serious perspective.

peace...

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

word to mmmerf and pedrox.

Posted

I was annoyed cuz all I saw was a great suffering man... I mean I guess I shouldn't have taken it so seriously, but when I see the pope like that it doesn't make me laugh.. not even if he was sitting with Bill Clinton or Tom Green, I still wouldn't think it was funny that he had his head in his hands

w/e, i didn't mean to dis you all, all i see a suffering Holy Father in the picture.. which is why i don't see anything funny... you can think it's funny and i won't think any less of you, i just didn't think it was funny.. that's it.

Pax

Ash Wednesday
Posted

We're still debating all this? :huh:

Posted

i dont wanna debate it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...