Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Through The Eyes Of A Little Sister


Recommended Posts

franciscanheart
Posted

such a strong gal.... go jennie!

DancesforLove
Posted

Jennie that is so sweet and touching.
Alot of my family is military and my parents are both retired Marine Corp Vets.
We had a very big scare when 9-11 happened.
My Uncle was stationed in Bahrain with my Aunt and 2 cousins. They were scheduled to leave the day after 9-11 happened. As soon as the towers were hit they were suddenly in even more danger than before. They couldn't leave their house at all, my cousins and aunt had to be stuck in some type of underground facility. Because when towers were hit there was suddenly an uproar of bombings, murders, all sorts of terorist activity. My grandmother and my family were distraught because my Aunt was allowed to call home. As soon as we heard from her the whole family was on the phone. She was only allowed to tell us that she was told to pack everything and be ready to leave at a moments notice and they wouldn't say where she was going or anything. Then we lost contact for about a month or so, we were all so scared of what happened to them because the only news we heard was about the mass suicide bombings and stuff.
We were all SOOO happy when we found out they have removed them from Bahrain and that they were safe.

franciscanheart
Posted

thats sad but its cool theyre okay :)

Posted

Chels that's wonderful that they are okay !!

Sometimes people get too rapped up into the entire political side of the war and they often times forget the strain it puts families through. But that's why God gave me a voice, it may be tiny but it tends to never be quiet ;)

DancesforLove
Posted

lol yes Jen mine is never quiet either but you know that.
Yes I was VERY happy they are ok. See they were stationed in Bahrain about a month after there wedding (when I was 5) so I have only met my Uncle at the wedding! they are now in Hawaii so I still haven't and I have a cousin I haven't met either lol.

Posted

lol true Chels you aren't too quiet either

DancesforLove
Posted

hehehe I know I'm not and I see no point in changing who I am for anyway lol

franciscanheart
Posted

never ever change.... unless its good change and then go ahead :)

Posted

my bro is going sooon. but if we get a KIA letter we(my family) will have to say ok he has gone to make its world a better place and may god have rest his soul. we no that my bro would like us to keep livein and keep goin with ours lives. that was what we have thought of for like a bit now and that is all we can do in my house. it smells of elderberries i no but we cant help it now can we.

DancesforLove
Posted

aww i'm sorry tony

Posted (edited)

my bro is still alive and kickin but he goes next year.
and yall dont need to me sorry for me if it does happen then that is that. My failmy cant help it just happens. Sooo dont be sorry for me.

Edited by kaidoh
franciscanheart
Posted

prayers tony

franciscanheart
Posted

haha

franciscanheart
Posted

i love this story.... bump again

Posted

glad you like my story Laura :)

franciscanheart
Posted

thanks for sharing it jennie :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...