immaculata Posted August 8, 2004 Posted August 8, 2004 [url="http://www.cs.virginia.edu/oracle/"]http://www.cs.virginia.edu/oracle/[/url] I am friends with Matt Rudolph Matt Rudolph is friends with Richard LaHood Richard LaHood is married to Mahi Mahi is cousins with Keanu Reeves Keanu Reeves was in The Matrix Reloaded with Laurence Fishburne Laurence Fishburne was in Mystic River with KEVIN BACON!! -Also- I am friends with Matt Rudolph Matt Rudolph is friends with Richard and Mahi LaHood Mahi is cousins with Keanu Reeves Keanu Reeves was in Speed with Sandra Bullock Sandra Bullock was in Miss Congeniality with Benjamin Bratt Benjamin Bratt was in The River Wild with KEVIN BACON!! [img]http://www.goldenbeaus.com/k_bacon/kevin_bacon_front.jpg[/img]
immaculata Posted August 8, 2004 Author Posted August 8, 2004 The Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon This game was developed by three college friends who went to Albright College (Reading, PA). They first appeared on the Jon Stewart show on MTV (his old show--not the daily show). It is based on the theory that Kevin Bacon is the center of the entertainment universe, and that any actor or actress can be linked back to him, typically within six degrees (six connections) (variations on this game are based on the assumption that almost anyone in the world can be linked to anyone else in the world by six or seven degrees). How can you tell? Simple. By looking at movies that actors and actresses have in common, you can link them to Kevin Bacon. For example, Jack Nicholson was in "A Few Good Men" with Kevin Bacon. Michelle Pfeiffer was in "Wolf" (or "The Witches of Eastwick") with Jack Nicholson, who was in "A Few Good Men" with Kevin Bacon. And so on. The number of intervening movies is that actor or actresses' Bacon Number or degree number. Thus, in this example, Nicholson would have a Bacon Number of 1 and Michelle Pfeiffer a Bacon Number of 2. [img]http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/twilight/photos/kevin_bacon.jpg[/img]
Carnanc Posted August 8, 2004 Posted August 8, 2004 lol, interesting.. though I don't think I have ever heard of Kevin Bacon before. but I'd bet I am still linked in six steps I guess .
immaculata Posted August 8, 2004 Author Posted August 8, 2004 I love Footloose!!! [img]http://www.americanphoto.co.jp/photosearch/Previews/CIN91014_005.jpg[/img] I could watch that scene over and over and over....
WCC_Catholic Posted August 8, 2004 Posted August 8, 2004 i am 3 degrees away. i am friends with a guy named Mark Famiglietti and he is 2 degrees away. Mark Famiglietti was in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) with David (I) Andrews David (I) Andrews was in Apollo 13 (1995) with Kevin Bacon that is my connection so i guess it really is six degrees to Kevin Bacon lol lol lol
rachael Posted August 8, 2004 Posted August 8, 2004 you can easily do this online between famous tv and movies stars...here is the link : i have linked kevin bacon to mel gibson for you.... [url="http://www.cs.virginia.edu/cgi-bin/oracle/movielinks?firstname=kevin+bacon&game=0&secondname=Gibson%2c+Mel+%28I%29&using=1"]http://www.cs.virginia.edu/cgi-bin/oracle/...%28I%29&using=1[/url]
immaculata Posted August 8, 2004 Author Posted August 8, 2004 now I'm gotta cut loose, footloose.. kick off your sunday shoes! oowee, Marie.. shake it shake it for me! Oh, Milo.. come on come on let's go.. loose the blues, everybody cut footloose!
franciscanheart Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 that way cool.... as is kevin bacon (last post tonight i promise.... time to go sneek some sleep)
thicke Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 I'm four away... I have friend named Dave who is working as a PA on [url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0358273/"]Walk the Line[/url] with Joaquin Phoenix Joaquin Phoenix was in It's All About Love (2003) with Sean Penn Sean Penn was in Mystic River (2003) with Kevin Bacon Or, even three away... Another friend once delivered a pizza to Mickey Rourke. Mickey Rourke was in Diner with Kevin Bacon. Or another three.... I once saw Joe Strummer drunk and disorderly at a hotel lobby. Joe Strummer was in Straight to Hell (1987) with Courtney Love Courtney Love was in Trapped (2002) with Kevin Bacon I'm sure there's more. One interesting thing, Dave also worked on the show Fear Factor. SO when I first tried this, I tried it with Joe Rogan (the host of Fear Factor). It said Joe Rogan could not be traced to Kevin Bacon. I thought everyone could......
homeschoolmom Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 I went to high school with Steve Zahn. He was in You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks. Tom Hanks was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon. That's three.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 [quote name='immaculata' date='Aug 7 2004, 10:14 PM'] [url="http://www.cs.virginia.edu/oracle/"]http://www.cs.virginia.edu/oracle/[/url] I am friends with Matt Rudolph Matt Rudolph is friends with Richard LaHood Richard LaHood is married to Mahi Mahi is cousins with Keanu Reeves Keanu Reeves was in The Matrix Reloaded with Laurence Fishburne Laurence Fishburne was in Mystic River with KEVIN BACON!! -Also- I am friends with Matt Rudolph Matt Rudolph is friends with Richard and Mahi LaHood Mahi is cousins with Keanu Reeves Keanu Reeves was in Speed with Sandra Bullock Sandra Bullock was in Miss Congeniality with Benjamin Bratt Benjamin Bratt was in The River Wild with KEVIN BACON!! [img]http://www.goldenbeaus.com/k_bacon/kevin_bacon_front.jpg[/img] [/quote] Haha! I'm closer! Rosalind Harris was Tzeitel from Fiddler on the Roof. She stayed at my house once. She had this annoying little dog named Phoenix, but she was quite a nice guest herself. [quote]Star Links The Oracle says: Kevin Bacon has a Rosalind Harris number of 2. Kevin Bacon was in Mister Roberts (1984) (TV) with Charles Durning Charles Durning was in Mrs. Santa Claus (1996) (TV) with Rosalind Harris [/quote]
prov31girl Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 I'm 4 degrees from Kevin Bacon. My cousin Toni (1) saw Ben Affleck (2) once in Hawaii. Ben Affleck was in Daredevil with Mark Margolis (3) who was in Diner with Kevin Bacon (4).
Colleen Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 I have an Uncle Mark. (1) My uncle Mark knows Steve Cropper (2) from [i]Blues Brothers.[/i] Julia Roberts (3) was in Satisfaction (1988) with Steve Cropper Kevin Bacon (4) was in Flatliners (1990) with Julia Roberts.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now